Do you have a motto or saying?

124Next

Replies

• johncolombo
    11306 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2015
    I still prefer my Harleys....

I guess my motto would be either:
    Lifes a Beach and then you die....(obviously toned down for these forums....*eyeroll*)

And You cant always get what you want....(and yes that song plays in my head a lot)

I always get what I need
    :roll:
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I still prefer my Harleys....

I guess my motto would be either:
    Lifes a Beach and then you die....(obviously toned down for these forums....*eyeroll*)

And You cant always get what you want....(and yes that song plays in my head a lot)

I always get what I need
    :roll:

Can you get satisfaction? I can't get no sat is faction....
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited December 2015
    In my native tongue : ??n die ze gemak nie zoekt is ne luiaard.
    In English:( sort of) one who does not look/ forsees for his comfort is lazy.

To me it means, if you want stuff in live: work for it.

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My motto is: Have no motto!
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    99.99% of humans are good people. If you spend your life hiding from the bad ones, you'll never meet the good ones.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    "What I want now is gentleness, and joy, and love... from you, Data; you are fully functional, aren't you?"

-- Lt. Tasha Yar
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    "What I want now is gentleness, and joy, and love... from you, Data; you are fully functional, aren't you?"

-- Lt. Tasha Yar

4edd02f323c01c5165a4fb889fe6cfbc.jpg
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Golden Rule.
    "Hi! Everybody!!"..
    ..new forum member
    Hi deb!
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited February 2016
    Mine is in my signature "To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid"

But I did something wrong, I just became old and stupid :cry:
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well this is fun! All my life, instead of swearing when I was frustrated, I would look up, eye roll, and say," Give me a break, grr." Then one day I fell on some ice and got 3!!! One in my ankle and two in my leg. Pathetic. Now I just curse.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • mathumster385
    2436 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    danco214 wrote:
    Mine is in my signature "To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid"

But I did something wrong, I just became old and stupid :cry:
    :lol: I can relate! And it reminds me of another saying :D
    Blog_Youth-is-wasted-on-the-young..jpg
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    'You know my name, not my story'

And what I mean by that is, don't think because you know OF me that you know me.

Just something I've always remembered, because people find it all to easy to presume they know me, when in fact I could probably count on one hand how many people truly know ME.

:)
  • LawrenceCohen
    3800 posts
    edited February 2016
    “This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body.”

Walt Whitman
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Spoon man
    All together with your hands
    save me
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!