EA Forums - Banner

Space-Event has landed

Replies

• johncolombo
    11570 posts Senior Moderator
    edited January 2016
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    Just checked and the shuttle has a "hidden" bonus if 2.5%. In addition to generating event currency it's not a bad deal IMHO.

I just came here to say the same, although I thought it was 3 percent. My bad math. LOL Yeah and event currency!!! I noticed that too.

EDIT I don't remember seeing that in the store but I bought it pretty fast.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MabdulD
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Got uber lucky with this one. Like many, Barney has been the one premium character I've wanted most. The first time I worked my way up to 250 donuts, though, I just couldn't pull the trigger. I ended up with like 330 by the time my first Gil rebate deal came around. Oh, well...ended up with 3 premium characters...Barney would have to wait until he was the subject of a Gil rebate deal. And so I waited and waited. More rebate deals, no Barney...and each time I worried that I wouldn't be able to get back up to 250 donuts by the time Barney's turn finally came around. Well, thanks to EA's generosity over the holidays, I was holding 255 donuts today when this deal came up. Instant buy. Welcome to the town, Barney.
  • femmedivine
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi all,
    Does anyone else has this problem?
    I finished cheap homer part 1 but the space training center isn't unlocked or anywhere to be found. Cheap homer part 2 is open but since I don't have the training center I can't send anyone other than Barney and Quimby on tasks.
    Help please!
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi all,
    Does anyone else has this problem?
    I finished cheap homer part 1 but the space training center isn't unlocked or anywhere to be found. Cheap homer part 2 is open but since I don't have the training center I can't send anyone other than Barney and Quimby on tasks.
    Help please!

That's how it's supposed to go ... In a town without Barney, you need to send Quimby multiple times until you get (is it 3? ) stars. If you have Barney, then Barney earns 2 stars while Quimby is earning 1 star, so you finish in one cycle. At least, that's how I remember it.

Then things move on from there.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It's two stars, so six hours.

My new town I now have to race to get Quimby
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6344 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    I'm really bummed they didn't add Race Banyon as a playable character. :cry:

race%20banyon_zpsmdifheaz.jpeg
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    So...they're completely hosing those of us that paid full price for Barney already?!

When you buy a item at Walmart and find out a year later that its on sale, do you feel "hosed" because you paid full price? :roll:
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Does anyone know if I collect 12 stars when I need just 10 will those 2 just be wasted?
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I realllllllly hope they follow this up with some cool space themed decorations so I can make a proper area out of it! :D
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    karakira4s wrote:
    Does anyone know if I collect 12 stars when I need just 10 will those 2 just be wasted?

Yup, so be careful when collecting them.
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    karakira4s wrote:

Are you sure?

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure I was left over with 1 when I started my next lot of quests? (not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure??)

LPN could you clarify this at all???? :)
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    karakira4s wrote:

Are you sure?

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure I was left over with 1 when I started my next lot of quests? (not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure??)

Well, I can check this in 1h22min. I will get 1 spare star from Barney and we'll see what happens. astronomer1.gif
  • evrod20
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The game won't update on my android phone... I'll try later with my iPad... Got the message in the morning before going to work... almost get back home to tap, but remembered I had to eat and money doesn't grow in trees or on roofs (in real life)
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    karakira4s wrote:
    karakira4s wrote:

Are you sure?

Well, I can check this in 1h22min. I will get 1 spare star from Barney and we'll see what happens. astronomer1.gif

Yeah I'm pretty certain I had a spare star between quests, but clarification would be awesome!
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    karakira4s wrote:
    karakira4s wrote:

Are you sure?

Yeah I'm pretty certain I had a spare star between quests, but clarification would be awesome!

Spare star just disappeared, so we should plan star income carefully.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Can anybody remind me about something?

This Hallowe'en the Portal to Rigel 7 was a returning item right? Did it contribute to the event at all? Event Currency or anything, or just regular money? Also is it the same price as it was then?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • intbananas
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

This Hallowe'en the Portal to Rigel 7 was a returning item right? Did it contribute to the event at all? Event Currency or anything, or just regular money? Also is it the same price as it was then?
    It was a returning item from the previous Hallowe'en, 75 donuts for both return visits (it was 100 donuts in 2014 when it did generate Rigellians)
  • chaunautuch
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I notice that others have seen the "chips" which I assume are space food floating around town: what are they for? I tried tapping them and nothing happens. Are they like the leaves floating in fall events or are they part of this event and will have to be used somehow? Anybody know? :roll: :?:
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    intbananas wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

It was a returning item from the previous Hallowe'en, 75 donuts for both return visits (it was 100 donuts in 2014 when it did generate Rigellians)

So when it didn't generate Rigellians, it created money?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11648 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    it does nothing this time around.
    yes the extra star between parts disappear
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.