EA Forums - Banner

For those who already have Barney, are you gonna buy the shuttle and outfit?

Replies

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    No. This one's a gouger. I'll tap him in your town for the new audio. And we get some kind of regular rocket for free so the shuttle can sit and spin. Also I totally don't believe Barney as an astronaut. Just not as plausible as the rest of this stuff . The Twonicorn is More Likely you know?
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    petehd14 wrote:
    Is that a "yes" answer to my question?

No, sorry. :mrgreen:
    Just responding to the thread question.

Bought!

Turns out the shuttle does have a 2.5% bonus
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I bought it, even though the price was a little steep. I love Barney's animation.
  • seven43861
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nope, and I'm not really interested in the event itself since the items are located in Florida not actually Springfield. My OCD has enough to deal with.
  • littlecat32
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm not buying it. Would have to purchase donuts to get it, and I don't love it enough to spend actual money on it.
  • Metallicat6898
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I bought it, I love it!

Plus for the first task he gets 2 stars to Quimbys 1 (typical premium double up) not sure if it'll be a huge bonus long term though.

All I could think was

Lisa - dad that place has terrible pizza

Homer - Ya but there's TWO!
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Done and done- no brainer!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nope. Don't want to pay that many donuts for a skin for an already-premium character. Doesn't matter that it helps with the mini-event. These are generally designed such that you don't actually need premiums to get through them, and then afterwards it's just another skin I probably won't use.

• spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes I bought him. And its nice to see Barney on sale for those who didn't buy him earlier in the game. :twisted:
  • Jen7hatton
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The price is too high for those who paid full price for Barney and Bowl-a-Rama. The skin should be free for people who paid full price for barney. Only people who pay for discounted Barney get it free? It makes no sense. The shuttle should be separate or at a discounted bundle for those who paid for Barney full price.
    I paid 250 donuts for Barney. Whats my reward? Pay 120 for a skin others get for free? HAHA that will teach me, clearly EA is telling me I am a sucker.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I accidentally bought it. I just wanted to see how big it was :/. Notice there is a shuttle that u can unlock too....
  • kathy699
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bought it, didn't actually get it, but lost the donuts anyway. I'm still waiting to hear back from EA support about it. I've seen posts from at least 3 other people who had the same problem. So I'd be cautious about purchasing it, as it seems to be glitched. Obviously some people have had no issues with it, but some of us have.
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Jen7hatton wrote:
    The price is too high for those who paid full price for Barney and Bowl-a-Rama. The skin should be free for people who paid full price for barney. Only people who pay for discounted Barney get it free? It makes no sense. The shuttle should be separate or at a discounted bundle for those who paid for Barney full price.
    I paid 250 donuts for Barney. Whats my reward? Pay 120 for a skin others get for free? HAHA that will teach me, clearly EA is telling me I am a sucker.

Agreed. Hitting us for an additional 10 bucks after already having spent 20 for a single character is a bit on the greedy side.
  • karakira4s
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bought it, although I think it would be fair if skin+shuttle has a discount as well for those who already has Barney. Otherwise it looks like crying injustice.
  • PipebombHooligan
    191 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If I can get donuts before the event ends, I'll get him. I had 110 up until a couple of days ago but I was stupid and bought a couple of things. I should have passed.
  • woyaodabian
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Question:

I'm a freemium player, and intend to stay this way.

With the rebate, Barney technically costs 120 donuts.

Do i still need to have 250 donuts to trigger the purchase?

I'm short of donuts, and am careful about overspending on donuts if i do intend to get it.

Thanks for helping :)
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited January 2016
    Question:

I'm short of donuts, and am careful about overspending on donuts if i do intend to get it.

Thanks for helping

Yes, unfortunately you must have 250 donuts to trigger the purchase.
  • woyaodabian
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Question:

Thanks for helping

Yes, unfortunately you must have 250 donuts to trigger the purchase.

Thank you very much!!
  • devilhunt1449
    3768 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bought shuttle and Barney skin, it was an instant purchase for me as I love the episode that this mini event ties in with.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I refuse to buy Premium skins for already Premium characters. It's a waste and a rip-off, imo.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.