EA Forums - Banner

List two items that are way different in terms of scale.

Prev1
Yeah the main reason that I don't buy the space shuttle is because it's so
small compared to most other buildings.

Later this day I will search some buildings in my town with different scales too and post it here.

Replies

• Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I was a little disappointed to just how tiny all the new buildings for the mini event are. After all the huge stores they've been releasing that just dwarf all the older buildings, it seemed a bit odd to down scale again for something that should be larger. I was going to build a little NASA type area, but considering how tiny it'll be, I'll probably just end up throwing the new buildings in storage.
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited January 2016
    Look at the doors of both buildings :shock:

2e17ac45-7aea-45da-9d99-d1180f7ddfd6_zpslzsyo6gx.png
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited January 2016
    Same story:

7840d36d-c0a7-4aef-9eb2-09edd4e8e00d_zpsxinjdcyf.png
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The Canyonero is really overscaled and the News Van is underscaled. It looks like the News van could fit under the hood.
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    petehd14 wrote:
    The Canyonero is really overscaled and the News Van is underscaled. It looks like the News van could fit under the hood.

but that's about right for a vehicle that seats 35....

"12 yards long, 2 lanes wide; 65 tons of American pride."
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Duff Stadium and Madame Chao's ...

About half of the stadium can fit in the restaurant. (And when I say "half of the stadium" I don't mean "half of the people from the stadium". I mean " half of the actual stadium" )

2014090518123500.jpg
  • sealley123
    328 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    How about the Re-Neducation Center? That thing is humongous.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Some of those buildings look really horrible together.
    And I don't agree with that pier entrance scale.
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Duff Stadium and Madame Chao's ...

About half of the stadium can fit in the restaurant. (And when I say "half of the stadium" I don't mean "half of the people from the stadium". I mean " half of the actual stadium" )

2014090518123500.jpg

Yeah, Duff Stadium is WAY too small. BUT,if it was scaled properly, it would be about the size of the full Springfield Heights.
  • amsprink134
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    How about that "four-story" Springfield General Hospital that is about the same size as the Municipal House of Pancakes? Also the Springfield Mall is crazy undersized.
  • TurskaArska
    13 posts
    edited January 2016
    What about the center for geriatric medicine? That thing was humongous in the original episode :)
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Cars in general - I can see the canyonero being huge - but any car will fill the whole road - guess Springfield is all one way......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    every character / the buildings
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Mall too small.

25fovq1.jpg
  • 4junk3000
    6186 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The Duff truck next to its own factory looks ridiculous as well.

I really wish they would do an update to tweak the scales on everything and bring them closer together. It's simple laziness to not try to maintain some standard scale with much smaller deviation.

But that's creative license with animation i guess. Whatever.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2016

it's a cartoon... it doesn't have to be 100% realistic

XctdCQ2.png
  • edited January 2016
    the Springfield Mall is crazy undersized.
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Mall too small.

I know it's not exactly the point to this thread, but the Mall can actually work quite well if surround it with a bunch of other stores and treat it like it's only the entrance to a much larger mall, and not the entirety of it:

netC1rR.jpg?1
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    petehd14 wrote:

I concur. I was wanting to put the Canyonero in the Simpsons driveway, but the car is almost bigger than the house!
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    shawn59736 wrote:
    petehd14 wrote:

I concur. I was wanting to put the Canyonero in the Simpsons driveway, but the car is almost bigger than the house!

To be fair, according to its ad jingle, the Canyonero DOES seat 35 people. :)
  • bluntcard
    4015 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I design for a living so the scale not matching the size of the characters sometimes drives me crazy. There are items I will not use because it just looks ridiculous, like the stadiums. The stadium seats from tap ball, are silly. The Canyonero is in scale with the characters. The private island has a Jacuzzi that would be about the size of a bucket compared to the characters.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.