EA Forums - Banner

Fight Club over patch

Replies

• petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm getting a lot of garbage for the daily challenges. Frankly, I'm tired of the donut inflation, followed by these tiny donut giveaways designed to trick people into thinking EA is being generous. Everything has been limited time since November. You can't possibly know what you are saving up for, so its getting boring. I'll just stop buying donuts until they change back.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    As usual, i alerted them.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Question: Has EA gotten rid of all the donut tasks? If so, will they come back? And if not...well, thanks a lot for spoiling it for all of us, guys. :-(

I got a donut task this morning. The first patch yesterday seemed to impact some of the donut tasks. I am not sure which ones. The second patch got rid of the glitch, so nobody got rid of the donut tasks. They were already gone.
  • bobbythesponge
    83 posts
    edited February 2016
    Happy to see the mods have stayed away from this thread (which is appropriate). This should not be discussed on the forums or condoned. Things like this occur from time-to-time and although frowned upon it is understood people will utilize but the advertising or sharing of this information is where a violation does in fact occur. Hope everyone has a fantastic and wonderful holiday weekend.

Speculation:
    Big event coming in March. Could a strange glow be coming to SF? Nighttime? Could the extra daily donuts be used to turn on the lights and pay for Burns' outrageous energy bill? Could villains be preparing to blow up the power plant which turns off all the power - Frink to the rescue? Could the big protest finally be coming? Would this change draw in more money for EA to keep the game going? Only time will tell...
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Question: Has EA gotten rid of all the donut tasks? If so, will they come back? And if not...well, thanks a lot for spoiling it for all of us, guys. :-(

I've been active in 5 of my towns to get Homers mom ... Today, two of them got 3-donut tasks, 1 got a 1-donut task, and the last was for cash. One of those 3-donut task towns was my RTTF town, which has never had one until today, and is frankly the one I would have most liked to use the glitch. Somewhere, the nuns are laughing at me. :?
  • flcc272
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    In defense of the "big mouths"; if they didn't post i would not have known about it. If anyone has a suggestion about how i could have found out earlier without them, I'd be grateful for a PM.

Me to
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:

I've been active in 5 of my towns to get Homers mom ... Today, two of them got 3-donut tasks, 1 got a 1-donut task, and the last was for cash. One of those 3-donut task towns was my RTTF town, which has never had one until today, and is frankly the one I would have most liked to use the glitch. Somewhere, the nuns are laughing at me. :?

Thanks, Annette. I got a cash task this morning which I forgot to check before I accidentally completed it. I wasn't sure if it was only cash/SH stuff from now on, and donuts only when you completed five challenges. Good to know there are still donut tasks available. :thumbup:
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • forgottenl33
    74 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I can't believe I missed this. As you can see from my signature I'm a forum lurker. I look here everyday and I missed that topic completely :(
  • Surfcitygal
    1239 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I can't believe I missed this. As you can see from my signature I'm a forum lurker. I look here everyday and I missed that topic completely :(

I missed it also. From Annette's description of the grind back and forth between towns, I would have spent way too much time trying to get enough for all 5 of my towns. Yes, I should drop some of them, but just can't let go :)
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited February 2016
    Wijsheid wrote:
    As usual, i alerted them.

I KNEW IT ! :shock:

Well no i didnt know anything about this ( or the previous ones..) oblivius me
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    What were the terwiliger and fans glitch? Not sure I understood those ones. Somebody said they got thousands of donuts? Is it really possible?

During Tap Ball it was absolutely possible.
  • Psdance
    150 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I used to be pm'ed about these but somehow was skipped over on the last several. The only way I even knew about this one was a mention on the forum.

DH is now mad at me because I didn't even share with him! :oops:
    Would be nice to get on a PM list for these. I've missed 2 so far and I thought I was a regular lurker.

Oh well.
  • zlevell786
    219 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Psdance wrote:
    I used to be pm'ed about these but somehow was skipped over on the last several. The only way I even knew about this one was a mention on the forum.

DH is now mad at me because I didn't even share with him! :oops:
    Would be nice to get on a PM list for these. I've missed 2 so far and I thought I was a regular lurker.

Oh well.

Me too please? I try to get on to the forum as much as I can, but always seem to miss the major glitches.
    Tap ball?? Wow! Definitely missed that one! :(

Anyone able to help? :)
  • LPNintendoITA
    11578 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    there're no donut challenges except the tutorials one or the ones that are labeled as that in the table i posted. the other are completely random!!! There's no "donut" challenge or i'd have said so
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • kimmah003
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Me too. :( I need to get in on the PM lists...someone...anyone, please include me.
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Don't feel bad...because as long as I've been around, I've never been invited to any of the parties. I'm just not cool enough :)
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    i would have loved an opportunity to exploit this while i've been busy working on the banner awards for the monorail contest. i missed out again.

i'm starting to think that more people may benefit a little, vs. only a few people benefiting a lot, if we just go ahead and announce these glitches so the word spreads faster.

it still takes them a certain amount of time to implement a fix. i'd rather have 1,000 people get 10 free donuts than only 100 people getting 100 free donuts.

it's not the fact that we didn't get the donuts, it's more the feeling that we're not popular enough of a forum member to be included in the secret knowledge. i'd rather include everyone and let EA scramble to seal their leak.
    Maybe a little time in PMs, then right before the weekend a post about it, right after the EA offices close.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • jax16389
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I always seem to miss out on these glitches also.....Oh well I guess I'll just keep on tapping. :wink:
  • TheMrKrd
    25 posts
    edited February 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    i would have loved an opportunity to exploit this while i've been busy working on the banner awards for the monorail contest. i missed out again.

i'm starting to think that more people may benefit a little, vs. only a few people benefiting a lot, if we just go ahead and announce these glitches so the word spreads faster.

it still takes them a certain amount of time to implement a fix. i'd rather have 1,000 people get 10 free donuts than only 100 people getting 100 free donuts.

it's not the fact that we didn't get the donuts, it's more the feeling that we're not popular enough of a forum member to be included in the secret knowledge. i'd rather include everyone and let EA scramble to seal their leak.
    Maybe a little time in PMs, then right before the weekend a post about it, right after the EA offices close.

I was not included in anything, i figured it out on my own
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Wow..away from the forum for a day and all this? Idk what to think, other than EA is obviously stalking the forum, so let's keep giving them ideas and suggestions for game play, and keep complaining about what needs fixed. (Mechanical ants, Jessie, etc.) I missed this one, oh well..next time.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.