EA Forums - Banner

Why isn't my Avatar showing up in my posts?

Prev1
I think you have to be promoted to have an avatar show up. Also necessary to post images.

Gotta post regularly for a while and hope that they catch you when they're doing monthly promotions. I think it's around the 20th of the month.

Replies

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    zjdog43 wrote:
    I have an Avatar set up, but as you can see to the left there is no avatar.

You need to be "promoted" to have your avatar show up. Monthly promotions are on the 22nd of each month. You get a PM. The promotion seems mechanically(?) generated a bit random, but the trend seems to be that if you post frequently between about the 15th and 22nd of the month, chances are good. But not certain.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • crodf20
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Was wondering the same and honestly I think it's a little complicated. What the heck? Being promoted? It might be super easier if they put like a goal or something. I mean like 50 responses in the forum and being here for a month maybe. It makes more sense to me.

But anyway, I hope I get "caught" in the forum once they decide to "promote" new people... ugh! :?
  • AirurandoP
    858 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    crodf20 wrote:
    Was wondering the same and honestly I think it's a little complicated. What the heck? Being promoted? It might be super easier if they put like a goal or something. I mean like 50 responses in the forum and being here for a month maybe. It makes more sense to me.

But anyway, I hope I get "caught" in the forum once they decide to "promote" new people... ugh! :?

You and me both. I've been on this forum over 3 years and still don't have my avatar showing. There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong :cry:
  • quenavidad
    68 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Same. In the forum from december 2014 and still not avatar... :roll:
  • kcm0984
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    quenavidad wrote:
    Same. In the forum from december 2014 and still not avatar... :roll:

I've been in here since 2012. I guess I don't post very often, though. Still, it would be nice. Ah, well.

KC
  • lotusmantisx
    164 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I just joined this forum but reading these posts is a little discouraging. Its only a few more days until the 22nd maybe we should keep posting in here about how they should let us display avatars and we'll be promoted :?
  • crodf20
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well, tomorrow is the 22nd... hope I've posted frecuently and maybe I'll get a surprise...l

:fingercrossed:
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Wait...watch, they will promote someone like me that doesn't have a clue on how to post a pic or avatar :lol:
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • crodf20
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    :shock:

Got prometed... :)

n4e8zr.png
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    zjdog43 wrote:
    I have an Avatar set up, but as you can see to the left there is no avatar.

You need to be "promoted" to have your avatar show up. Monthly promotions are on the 22nd of each month. You get a PM. The promotion seems mechanically(?) generated a bit random, but the trend seems to be that if you post frequently between about the 15th and 22nd of the month, chances are good. But not certain.
    A system based only on posts on some special dates makes absolutely no sense at all!!!
    and would be insanely unfair.
    If they have any extremely special forum rules like then it is absolutely necessary with a clear explanation on how to get promoted in the "Avatar Control Panel" in the "My Profile".

I have notes what everybody that has be talking about that they had just got promoted all seems to just have gone past 80 posts.

It seem a lot more logical to have a system that will promote people after they have reached a specific number of posts - That seems to be the way most forums work.

Here is looks like the limit is set to 80 posts.

It may be right that they are doing all the promotion on a specific date of each moth if they don't have a automatically forum promotion system.

I will soon find out as this is my post no. 80 :)
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It seem a lot more logical to have a system that will promote people after they have reached a specific number of posts - That seems to be the way most forums work.

Here is looks like the limit is set to 80 posts.

It may be right that they are doing all the promotion on a specific date of each moth if they don't have a automatically forum promotion system.

I will soon find out as this is my post no. 80 :)

Do you really think EA is logical? Back when I was promoted, I had under 50 posts, as have others. there are also people with over 100 posts that have yet to be promoted. It just happens that the day of promotions is on the 22nd of each month, and apparently the system checks for a certain amount of activity in the days before. If people are active in the few days prior, (not just a 1-2 posts) they seem to get promoted regardless of their total post count.

I'm not saying this is the way it should be done, but it is how EA appears to do it.
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It is the 15. today so I guess it is time to be active if you want a promotion?
  • G1NGER-MUSLIM
    11 posts
    edited March 2016
    551a6bbbd6a491c09769c20b4.jpg
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I got promoted :D
  • mandiepaxton
    256 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think it's a bit daft that you have to be promoted to get an avatar. Think I've been a tapped out forum member for 3 years. Yes I don't post that often, only post if I have a problem or want to take part in something I see as exciting LOL. Not that it isn't all exciting but sometimes I might not understand.

But I do love it here.

Mands xxx
  • Entexia
    62 posts
    edited April 2016
    I'm glad you asked as I was wondering the same thing! I thought it wasn't showing up due to some lacking in my "awesome" computer skills! ?
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It is the 15. today so I guess it is time to be active for a week if you want a promotion
    Just post a few times a day.
    The Off Topic forum seems to count too.
  • valleyMoreno
    19 posts
    edited May 2016
    Thanks anyway!
  • AirurandoP
    858 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Just got promoted today (Yay) and have an avatar on my account but it doesn't show. Is there a set amount of time or size restrictions on avatar sizes?

Edit:

Never mind :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Still not promoted ?. Just want to have an avatar lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.