EA Forums - Banner

Rocket constantly on fire

2Next

Replies

• stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I read someone else said that if your rocket catches fire, store it, take it out and try again. Repeat if it catches fire again, until it launches

This glitch was fixed in a recent patch. You can no longer do that. (Well, you can store it and take it out again and "relaunch" it, but it will be the same result as before.)
    I got my first successful launch today. What is the prize that I will get when it comes back?

Likely debris. LPN posted a table showing the odds for each of the prizes.

• hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I read someone else said that if your rocket catches fire, store it, take it out and try again. Repeat if it catches fire again, until it launches

This glitch was fixed in a recent patch. You can no longer do that. (Well, you can store it and take it out again and "relaunch" it, but it will be the same result as before.)
    I got my first successful launch today. What is the prize that I will get when it comes back?

Likely debris. LPN posted a table showing the odds for each of the prizes.

He did
    1% chance of the warhead
    4% chance of topiary
    40% chance ant sign
    and rest is garbage
    :evil:
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I had taken advantage of the "never fail" rocket launch a few times but I had the same problem yesterday. No matter how many times I tried, it would crash and burn. I must've tried 40x. So I let it burn. Today when I tried it launched perfectly. I'll just let it do whatever it wants to from now on. I don't need debris anyway
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ditto! I have two towns and rockets are crashing and burning in both. I say what's the point?
  • Ros418
    101 posts
    edited February 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    *meh* Money is pretty much useless after you've been playing a certain amount of time. A twenty five percent chance means you've got a burning rocket pad thirty six out of forty eight hours. Considering the prizes are nice but not knock your socks off great, I think they'd do better by changing the failed lift off rates to at least only fifty percent. Being able to collect some debris once every two days just isn't that exciting and I'm losing interest in it as well.

What prizes are possible? So far I've collected different types of debris and lots of Hail Ants placards.
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    disaster-girl.jpg

:lol::lol:

I actually prefer the rocket burning in my town. Is that weird? :lol:
  • sealley123
    328 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Maybe this is just me, but I always thought the fiery rocket malfunctioning launch reminded me of sad NASA disasters and seemed a little insensitive. It just brings back bad memories so I may store it, although it is very attractive when not on fire.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • Wiredup11
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    What prizes are possible? So far I've collected different types of debris and lots of Hail Ants placards.

Aside of the 3 types of Debris and the Hail Ants sign you can get: Kang Topiary (0,5%), Kodos Topiary (0,5%), Miniature Nuclear Warhead (2,25%)

The % stands for amount of Money/XP multiplier they give.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    sealley123 wrote:
    Maybe this is just me, but I always thought the fiery rocket malfunctioning launch reminded me of sad NASA disasters and seemed a little insensitive. It just brings back bad memories so I may store it, although it is very attractive when not on fire.

Nope, not just you. I worked at NASA for years supporting the astronauts, considered many of them my friends. Launch mishaps aren't funny, launch pad fires aren't comedy, and a launch that doesn't clear the tower isn't going to plop back down on the pad mostly intact as depicted in this game. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

I realize it's just a game based on a cartoon, so I'm not going to get all offended and storm off in a huff. Still, there were ways to lampoon failed launch attempts that don't involve crashes and fires. They could have parodied NASA's countless last-minute launch scrubs for various arcane science-y reasons. Or they could have had the rocket make a wheezing sound, belch a cloud of smoke, and not budge off the pad.

Also, since "Deep Space Homer" is my all-time favorite episode, I was disappointed there wasn't a mission control voice saying "Make rocket go now!" when it launches. Now that would've been funny!

But don't get me wrong. I'm glad to have the tie-in stuff for that episode in the game at last. Just wish the rocket wasn't on fire 75% of the time. (And of course, the other 25% of the time, the pad is empty!)
  • chillpill91
    9 posts
    edited February 2016
    Mine catches fire all the time too, and when it doesn't it brings me garbage :)) it's like having a broken cat! LOL.
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Mine catches fire all the time too, and when it doesn't it brings me garbage :)) it's like having a broken cat! LOL.

• AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I don't mind getting debris. I just put it out and have Homer clean it up. He finds donuts in them thar piles of space junk!
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3083 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I don't mind getting debris. I just put it out and have Homer clean it up. He finds donuts in them thar piles of space junk!

This is true, there are donuts to be hsd. Though I've only gotten one.
    And my rocket seems to be crashing a lot more than it used to, so not getting many chances at that.
    You know, this feature does kind of suck. I think mine is going to go unused, once I finally get the warhead. There are more reliable ways to get donuts.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!