EA Forums - Banner

FYI - banned message

ForumNerds
2455 posts Member
I had the same thing when I first came on today. Don't know how much, if any, of this actually helped me get back on but I ended up completely logging out of both the forum here and my Origin/EA account, closed every thing I had the forum or EA/Origin open on then came back to the forum via searching for the forum on google instead of using my bookmark. Once I did that I was able to log back into Shirtless_Willie normally and post again.

Replies

• Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Geez, if it says you banned, You might be on limited time left to say anything. I've seen it before, where the system just hasn't caught up to the ban ruling. Before you gone, let me give you some advice. If you're not sure why you're banned or if it's real, contact the more active mods and POLITELY ask why you're banned. If they don't know, then its probably something they're not even involved in. Something the admins did, maybe. Something thats very technical that you might not even be aware is a violation like... solicitation, or something. Something seen on another EA forum where the rules might be a bit different. I can't even assume, cause I don't really know you.

If its out of the mods hands, ask for the link to appeal the ban to the admins, and good luck.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Everyone that posts here gets banned. No joke.

....Maybe.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Neither your ForumNerds or Annette profile show up as banned for me if that helps.
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Not sure how many others are affected by this, but starting a half hour or so ago, I got the "you have been banned from this forum" screen on my PC, both Androids, and one iPad. The other iPad for some reason didn't boot me out. That's what I'm using now.

I thought maybe it was just my ForumNerds account (like maybe I exceeded the cumulative maximum allowed words per account over the months. )

But it also banned me on my other accounts, as well as a couple accounts I created successfully on the spot. Origin/EA/whatchamacallit let's me into their screen just fine, log in, log out, etc. all accounts. All devices. I can play my towns just fine.

I only get banned from the forum. Except this one device, which I am definitely not gonna mess with/test/etc.

Obviously others getting the screen can't post to ask if it's just them. And I discovered that a banned account cannot even view the threads. Yikes.

WHAT?

tumblr_mt3dud5XgC1qh59n0o1_500.gif

i've only been on this forum for what? maybe a year? in that time and in all previous posts you have written i see no warrant for banning, makes me think one of two things:
    1. They're messing around with some things on that systems with the computers and gears and such.
    bart-simpson-animated-gif-5.gif

2. what have they been taking/doing? a lil of uncles wacky tobaccy or a swig from grampas medicine?
    the-simpsons-animated-gif-1.gif

honestly i can think of about 12 people who deserved to be banned and im probably on the list (mostly cause im only answering in gifs or needlessly long and terribly grammar structured paragraphs now.)

tumblr_lf5qnui03l1qztjn5o1_500.gif

i know it aint much but have a cookie and some cake
    tumblr_mfs3rpQRq71qh59n0o1_250.gif

tumblr_mw3tysEaF31sls1w8o1_500.jpg

until its over i'll post gifs of what im feeling.

mostly involving ralph.

giphy.gif

dwhm8Y9.gif

homer-simpson-animated-gif-4.gif

the-simpsons-animated-gif-1.gif

Yeah it doesnt say your banned on this end, could it be someone is messing with you?
  • johncolombo
    11498 posts Senior Moderator
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Not sure how many others are affected by this, but starting a half hour or so ago, I got the "you have been banned from this forum" screen on my PC, both Androids, and one iPad. The other iPad for some reason didn't boot me out. That's what I'm using now.

I thought maybe it was just my ForumNerds account (like maybe I exceeded the cumulative maximum allowed words per account over the months. )

But it also banned me on my other accounts, as well as a couple accounts I created successfully on the spot. Origin/EA/whatchamacallit let's me into their screen just fine, log in, log out, etc. all accounts. All devices. I can play my towns just fine.

I only get banned from the forum. Except this one device, which I am definitely not gonna mess with/test/etc.

Obviously others getting the screen can't post to ask if it's just them. And I discovered that a banned account cannot even view the threads. Yikes.

we are looking into the issue for you, check your PMs and get back to us.

John
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.