EA Forums - Banner

Lost Lucius Sweet and now EA wants 5 Donuts for it!!! Come on EA!!!!

First. Check your inventory.
Second. Use the Town Hall Census to make sure he's definitely missing.
Third. If he is gone, contact EA and if you did unlock him, they should give him back

Replies

• terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes, yes, all that was done. Reset game, the whole deal.... I literally spent a bunch of slot coins last night to unlock him...Started his first promoting 8hr task on iphone and went to sleep. Opened game this AM on ipad to collect and noticed no pop up for second task in the questline and first i thought another character was needed or maybe the questline stops after after 1 available...whatever.

Anyway, i paid the five donuts, which i know is not the correct hing to do but i don't have time....Long story, short= BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING ON IPHONE AND IPAD. This game is getting terribly bad due to size and the login in and synch issues are just getting to be too much. A good franchise game is slowly turning into "Season 10 and beyond" if you catch my meaning.

Sorry EA, get back on the horse here, fix the game issues and keep it working smoothly. and it wouldn't hurt to upgrade some writing. i finding the last few levels and events have been kinda run of the mill stuff.
  • cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sounds like you didn't sync your game properly before you went to bed. A pebcak error, indeed.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    terend2013 wrote:
    various login and download issues.

Could you elaborate? I play on an iPhone and an iPad and have experienced no such issues.
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    terend2013 wrote:

Could you elaborate? I play on an iPhone and an iPad and have experienced no such issues.

-Trying to play on ipad after iphone i get the "Your game did not sync message". Even after i click into krustyland or a friend, which is what has been suggested to do (which in itself I view as an unecessary step for a mobile game to have to do).

-"Cannot connect to server" comes way up too much
    -Having to travel to krustlyand for the daily challenge to pop up or other daily things to be notified....
    -just overall seems like the game has been getting too large for itself to be managed properly
    -Last event dropping friend taps the game shut off every time to tap, very annoying.

It frightens me how much more i am now missing as i cant pay attention to every detail and i shouldn't have too.
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Well for one thing how old is the device you are using.

I know the iPad 4 I'm using is not up to the challenge for the size Springfield I have generated.
    Also some other newer games I have on it run but while being online or whatever some times there's slowdown.

I have never had a loss of characters. Maybe it's just a fluke and hopefully they'll have it taken care of.

If you're iPad is older then mine I'd suggest you get a newer one if you want these games to run how they are supposed to.

Happy tapping once all is resolved. Till then hope you get things set.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    terend2013 wrote:
    terend2013 wrote:

-Trying to play on ipad after iphone i get the "Your game did not sync message". Even after i click into krustyland or a friend, which is what has been suggested to do (which in itself I view as an unecessary step for a mobile game to have to do).

I am pretty sure that message is standard when playing the same account across two devices, even when the game has been fully synced. I have never heard of the message NOT appearing, in other words.
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ipad Air 2 and Iphone 6s. so, these are not old devices. so even when going to krustyland, or going to visit other springfield doesn't always do the trick. And when you see that message pop up, please always open up your other device first. (And that is time consuming and ashame, as the point is you may not have your ipad on you when you want to jump back into the game with your iphone)

Anyways, it should be taken very carefully as clearly something did go wrong with the syncing and its not a good thing. But my opinion is that if close one device it should reasonably and reliably be synced anyways....maybe not
  • missy_pepper
    55 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It sounds like you may have to check your WiFi connection. I have had the "can't connect" screen a couple of times (yesterday when act 2 was released), but I've never had the "game couldn't sync" screen.

Sorry you had to spend your donuts on getting Lucius, if you unlocked him already that really sucks!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mrrichport747
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I play on an iPhone 5c and on an iPad 2. When I am finished playing, I reopen the app to the main splashscreen, but I do not tap to begin the game. Then, when I go to play on the other device I NEVER get the "game did not save on other device" message. If I forget to do this, I ALWAYS get the message about saving on the other device.
  • dantrumpwin
    1 posts
    edited March 2016
    Definitely a PEBCAK error.
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Definitely a PEBCAK error.

I thought maybe at first, too. But then i saw your other nooby post and i think not.

I play on an iPhone 5c and on an iPad 2. When I am finished playing, I reopen the app to the main splashscreen, but I do not tap to begin the game. Then, when I go to play on the other device I NEVER get the "game did not save on other device" message. If I forget to do this, I ALWAYS get the message about saving on the other device.

Anyways, PSA: BE CAREFUL ABOUT SYNCING. The game is unstable if you are not careful. And i think i remember a prior post about switching accounts on same device, you would get the message always but it was OK to login anyways...probably not true or be careful if you do.

It's my opinion that a multi-million $$ budgeted, $100million+ grossing mobile game should not have to go through the steps you mentioned to sync, but i guess i have bad opinions. I am alone in thinking that once you play a game on ipad, and close, it has been synced and saved and you can open it back up on another device. My bad guys. My dault. [raises right arm in air, finger points back down to head]
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    fnp12.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!