EA Forums - Banner

double dialog bubble

Its happening to me too. I can't recall when it first began.

Replies

• 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes. 3 different times now.

I kind of like it. Sometimes I click through the dialogue too quickly and miss things. It's like a second chance to counteract my ADHD!
  • lotusmantisx
    164 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I've been getting this for a while now. I don't mind it. Sometimes I zone out on the dialogue as well, and I get a chance to re-read it.
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah it happened to me, only once it was a Apu bubble!
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    is anyone else getting double dialog bubbles?
    is there something i can do to fix it?
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    smohqy wrote:

Not gonna lie, i was sat here for a good 5 minutes going, can they not read?! :lol::lol:
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    smohqy wrote:

Not gonna lie, i was sat here for a good 5 minutes going, can they not read?! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

It's been happening to me on and off for a while. Sometimes if you get an item at the end of the dialogue, you'll get another one the second time around. I received 2 suspicious dirt piles this way :D
  • susanmtate32
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    smohqy wrote:

It's been happening to me on and off for a while. Sometimes if you get an item at the end of the dialogue, you'll get another one the second time around. I received 2 suspicious dirt piles this way :D

That's lucky, i don't think i've ever had a good glitch happen to me :lol:
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    smohqy wrote:

Same here. I also got 2 golden calves.
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Never happened to me, but if there's a chance you might get bonus item's I wouldn't be asking for a fix!

Never happened to me, but if there's a chance you might get bonus item's I wouldn't be asking for a fix!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It has also been happening to me for the last few events. Started quite a ways back, and it is very intermittent.

One thing that I have noticed on more than one occasion is that the character that repeats the dialogue was involved in another task when the exclamation point appears....in other words, on several occasions I had to use the railyard to access a character who had dialogue...the exclamation point was hovering above one of the recycling depots...I could not tap him directly, I had to open the railyard to get there...

I was going to mention this a couple of times, but it really has not been a big deal...
  • Annathewicked
    4715 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Annoying - but I can deal with it - and if I get a bonus something - yay.... but nothing yet
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd been hoping for a second item each time it happened to me, but no such luck.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    hbird999 wrote:

This glitch dates back pretty much to the game’s initial release. I see it every once in a while. I consider it a minor annoyance, but nothing more. I’m fairly certain there’s no real fix. Frankly, I’d rather see this sort of problem, where the user is exposed to redundant information, rather than the reverse, where one misses out on critical info.
  • woyaodabian
    104 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    tap on the character's portrait on the top left to initiate the dialogue, instead of tapping on the character.

normally the character who is going to speak will have his/her portrait brought to the first, along with an exclamation mark....

almost all of my duplicate dialogue boxes happen when I tapped on the character instead.
  • afscot
    23 posts
    edited March 2016
    I don't mind this. Sometimes it works in your favour. Today I finally got around to finishing the Breaking Bread quest and the final conversation duplicated...but it meant I got 2 of the suspicious dirt piles off Wiggum. Bonus!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2016
    I've seen it a few times, only annoying when there's tons of dialogue boxes. I think the poster above me figured out why it happens. Makes sense. I've only seen it mostly if the character is already on task, but the bubble comes up for them to initiate a quest. Which I think I use the character locator as that's where I see the !, as that character is not always on the screen when it appears.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.