EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Normally the TT is good to be used against people you think might be a villain or you think has goals opposite your team. As Barry can confirm it is very very frustrating being TT-ed and trying to defend yourself. The tangles can be down right evil depending on how evil the TT-er is being.

As for how things might be different this time around. No comment.
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Well, just to show how sharp-witted I am this morning, it took me, like, five of Sakura's posts to realize she's maybe tonguetangled.

That IS a tonguetangle, right? I mean, how diabolical would it be for Sakura to pretend to love dogs and hate cats just to throw us off? On the other hand, don't special roles send in targets during the "game night"? If so, how would Sakura be tonguetangled when the tonguetangler wouldn't have sent in a name yet?

(Ruff? )

tumblr_m6nshfphJN1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Ruff, I love dogs. I just realized we haven't had a night yet. :shock: Diabolical. Ruff, I love dogs.

499bafa1bf8205e97f240983ed015f2f.jpg
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    (God, this sounds just like Congress, where johnny would be the Democrats and the rest of us would be the Republicans)

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Wow!
    Day 1 and you're already calling names!
    I'm an (I) thank you very much. I know because they won't let me vote today! Today is for the (D)s and (R)s. Jerks.
    How do you like that?!
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Normally the TT is good to be used against people you think might be a villain or you think has goals opposite your team. As Barry can confirm it is very very frustrating being TT-ed and trying to defend yourself. The tangles can be down right evil depending on how evil the TT-er is being.

As for how things might be different this time around. No comment. [/quote

What is TT]
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Sorry. TT= Tongue Tangler or Tongue tangle
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Wow, I didn't even know we'd started. Good thing I checked the forum.

So what we know so far: Sakura is TTd, and there's a tea/coffee thing that might or might not mean something. Myself, I prefer tea. Make of that what you will.

And my favorite superhero is this guy:

23k80hh.png
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Vote Count

29qf8s3.jpg
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh, okay! Tongue Tied also or is that going too far?
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:

Huh? Are you saying you're tongue tangled? Usually it's only one at a time, and you have to follow some rule about your posts. For instance, you might have a cipher, where a=3, b=4 and so on, and so your posts would look like a slew of numbers. Or you could be forced to type with no nouns or verbs. I did that to Barry one game, and he still hates me for it. :wink:
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    meinaz wrote:
    We know there is a good guy-Xavier and a bad guy-Magneto. Xavier recruits good guys by selecting them and kills bad guys by selecting them. Magneto recruits bad guys by selecting them and kills good guys by selecting them.

Do Xavier and Magneto strike on alternate nights, or do they both strike every night?

If they strike on alternating nights, I assume the "Morning Message" will lead us to know which one had their turn.

Let's assume for sake of argument that Night One is Xavier's night to strike. If no player is listed as "dead" in the morning message, then we know that Xavier gained a recruit. And if a player IS listed as "dead" in the morning message, then we know that the "bad" team lost one.

Either way, no matter who Xavier targets, it's a good night for Xavier. (Or do I have that wrong? )

Thought I'd better go and back and read up and what's been said so far. Here's what TGH said in the other thread...

To also give a preview of how the mechanics will work in this game. Everyone will be assigned a civilian character and possible super hero or super villain name. Each of the team captains will try and recruit a member to their team. If your super identity is compatible to that team you are recruited. If it is not then you die (maybe). So I will use Batman as an example. Batman is good guy team captain and Joker is bad guy team captain. Susie is playing civilian Laurel Lance super identity Black Canary (good guy). If batman recruits Susie she become Black Canary and she gets powers. She will also be granted access to the Batman Doc. If the joker tries to recruit her she dies. Then she goes to DMP. Now with all that said trust me there will be a ton of ways to interfere with the recruiting process and not everything is as it seems.

So, probably not safe to assume anything!
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:

Huh? Are you saying you're tongue tangled? Usually it's only one at a time, and you have to follow some rule about your posts. For instance, you might have a cipher, where a=3, b=4 and so on, and so your posts would look like a slew of numbers. Or you could be forced to type with no nouns or verbs. I did that to Barry one game, and he still hates me for it. :wink:

Oh, so it's something required of someone... I see I thought y'all were just talking mess. Ha oops

Who issues this rule of posts?
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Challenge 1

Everyone who sends in a correct guess (pm) of the character shown and which comic it is from (hint Marvel) will get their name in hat. I will pull the name and they will get a prize. (possibly immunity or a hint to help them out)
    Challenge1_zpsml8jk6jd.png

You only get 1 guess so choose wisely
    PM Subject: My guess. In the body Character and Comic name
    Deadline 8am EST 3/23
    Prize: 1 day immunity or private hint

Edit: Additional info I forgot. The image is from a cover. To help out the non comic book people (There will be other more searchable challenges)
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    (God, this sounds just like Congress, where johnny would be the Democrats and the rest of us would be the Republicans)

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Wow!
    Day 1 and you're already calling names!
    I'm an (I) thank you very much. I know because they won't let me vote today! Today is for the (D)s and (R)s. Jerks.
    How do you like that?!

Lol. Well I'm an (S) ... And they don't have primaries. The candidate for president is a guy named Emidio ("Mimi" )
    Soltysik... Whaddya suppose his chances are? ;)
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    So thought I'd better check in before my absence became suspicious. I'll only be able to be on once a day due to my busy work schedule :(
    I have no idea about Marvel/DC so probably will not be able to participate in most of the challenges :lol:

Looks like normal first day stuff though, so will contribute when I can :D
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Challenge 1

Everyone who sends in a correct guess (pm) of the character shown and which comic it is from (hint Marvel) will get their name in hat. I will pull the name and they will get a prize. (possibly immunity or a hint to help them out)
    Challenge1_zpsml8jk6jd.png

You only get 1 guess so choose wisely
    PM Subject: My guess. In the body Character and Comic name
    Deadline 8am EST 3/23
    Prize: 1 day immunity or private hint

Edit: Additional info I forgot. The image is from a cover. To help out the non comic book people (There will be other more searchable challenges)

Too bad this challenge is now. This weekend, my son is going to WonderCon, where lots of the panels will have Marvel people. One panel is "Marvel: Next Best Thing". I was just looking at the panelists and one is named Brian Bendis, who I just found on Wikipedia and I guess he's a writer (and artist ? ) for lots of Marvel comics. I was going to send Joey as my undercover agent to show your image to good old Brian and see if he knew who it was. ;)

• SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited March 2016
    well totally clueless about the challenge question....cant even guess :mrgreen::mrgreen:

• TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Ok I haven't gotten too many answers so far no one has gotten it right. I'll give a hint. The author of that comic writes novels. A few have been turned into movies. One stars Robert De Niro as a pirate. Another was turned into a stop animation movie. This is his most famous Marvel Comic. (If you have submitted an answer I'll allow a second guess)

I'll also extend deadline to 12 EST
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Has anyone not spoken yet? I hate day one.
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ..I still don't know what is going great on... hope you have a great day juliet!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:
    ..I still don't know what is going great on... hope you have a great day juliet!

Nobody knows what is going on day 1. After the first lynching, we will get another message that has some clues in it that we can use to try to figure out who everybody is. Day 2 people will start to have suspicions and there will be more talk about.

@Juliet-As far as I could tell, everybody has made an appearance.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!