EA Forums - Banner

Fast Ways To Generate Donuts & Money For A Beginner?

Any tips or techniques for getting money and donuts fairly quickly (somewhat beginner stage)

sorry you cant have a cake and eat it too, its either one or the other.

I'll explain in a bit.

Depending on level you can choose the route of powerleveling by Building Kwik-E MArts and obtain various levels every level you get a couple donuts not too many but it stacks up.
That requires cash though.

Cash?
Quickest would be sideshow bob in other springfield, he appears around lv 20 ish or so and will constantly appear as long as you reload other springfield, catching you nets you a nice 50$ or so depending on the time it takes to load and catch him (tip he will spawn in the same place, however as other springfield levels up the location he spawns also changes)

Other option visit friends towns the amount gained will increase ans friend levels increase, at the max amount a small chance of donuts dropping will occur during a friend visit.

The main ways besides the new features added (daily challenges, maggie hide and seek, monorail railyard, etc.) is donuts obtained from hitting the level cap and "leveling up" but your probably a ways away from that.

And if you want to increase your cash in general increase your multiplier, there are many ways but thats for another day.

Replies

• Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Most of the donut weekly creators have come later in the game...... and during events.
    House farming has been made more difficult - but can still be done moderately to boost cash....
    Work on spending the donuts on items that boost the bonus modifier - you will get cash faster the higher you get it.........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Get 100 friends and visit them daily. When you max out the FP levels you start earning a lot more cash and about 1-2 donuts per day.
  • RexBanner00
    55 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Welcome to the game.

There is a cheat where you send homer on his 45s task and tap him 10 times whilst he's doing it and you get 10 donuts and the jebadiah Springfield statue. This only works once though.

Never spend donuts to speed up a task or to buy cash.

Akira is a great premium character to make quick money and he's only 100 donuts which is cheap for a character and building. He has a task in his quest line to prepare questionable fugu and at the same time all the spring fielders have a premium 1hr task at the happy sumo. Never send Akira on his part of the quest and you can repeatedly send the springfielders on the premium 1hr payout task. This is also great because it keeps everyone in the same building so it's easy to collect everyone and then resend them on the task. There are some other buildings that are good for money making too, lurleen is one but I can't remember the others.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    nice one rexbanner, forgot about homers 10 donut bonus.
    i house farmed brown houses (bought all brown houses i could afford and had xtra room for) to generate cash quickly but that was many years ago and think house prices have since gone up. brown houses have a 5 min. timer and if you keep at it then before you know it the houses pay for the investment and start to give cash profit for your investment quickly. they also give you xp that helps to generate donuts when xp counter maxes out
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Welcome to the game.

There is a cheat where you send homer on his 45s task and tap him 10 times whilst he's doing it and you get 10 donuts and the jebadiah Springfield statue. This only works once though.

Never spend donuts to speed up a task or to buy cash.

Akira is a great premium character to make quick money and he's only 100 donuts which is cheap for a character and building. He has a task in his quest line to prepare questionable fugu and at the same time all the spring fielders have a premium 1hr task at the happy sumo. Never send Akira on his part of the quest and you can repeatedly send the springfielders on the premium 1hr payout task. This is also great because it keeps everyone in the same building so it's easy to collect everyone and then resend them on the task. There are some other buildings that are good for money making too, lurleen is one but I can't remember the others.

I wrote an incomplete list and posted it in the thread:

List of buildings with repeatable premium tasks for all springfielders? "

Heres the link
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10398468.page

its color coded so you can tell whats freemium/premium
    I'm actually glad i wrote it now, its proving more useful than i first anticipated.
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Welcome to the game.

That's an Easter egg not a cheat!
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    AARONRTD wrote:
    Welcome to the game.

That's an Easter egg not a cheat!

Happy Easter!!! :lol:
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Maximizing doughnut yield:

Level up,
    Jebidiah Springfield statue bonus (check RexBanner00's post for details),
    Clear debris (including prize debris granted by Rocket Launch Pad from Space event, so send the rocket away every 12 hours),
    Daily challenges,
    Side Show You game (in KL - play every 8 hours),
    Neighbour visits after achieving all FP prizes,
    Bonus level ups at max game level (currently level 59),
    Where's Maggie game (from Winter 2015 event - play every 16 hours),
    Rail Yard tasks (from Monorail event).

Maximizing in-game cash:

Max out friends (100) and visit every day,
    Catch SSB in Other Springfield (check someonewashere's post for details),
    Send characters on tasks that match your check-in schedule (highest cash return for length of time absent from the game),
    Check in as frequently as you can (multiple shorter tasks pay out better than a single longer task),
    Send characters on premium payout tasks (generally attached to premium buildings) or in premium skins where possible,
    Get 5-stars on your Conform-o-meter,
    Check your inventory for bonus % items and place them all in your town,
    Place all currency-generating buildings and characters in your town,
    Spend doughnuts on premium-paying characters or buildings or bonus-yielding items,
    Check LPN's walkthroughs for info on which quest lines are required to open up new buildings/characters and focus on these quests first (and don't worry about having multiple quest lines at once),
    Prioritize cash-earning tasks over KL and SH tasks (check the walkthroughs to make sure you're not hurting your game progression here),
    Buy the regular Scratch-R (in-game cash) every 8 hours (I think?) - it will always yield at least a $100 profit,
    Halt two-part quest lines (where it doesn't hurt your game progression) that give freemium characters a temporary premium payout to keep these tasks available (check someonewashere's post for further details).

That's all my ideas. Except - have fun :) It takes however long it takes, just make sure you enjoy the ride.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.