EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Johnny's right, Wilki. It says in the message that the TT is Purple Man (whoever he is).

EDIT: Plus, he's potentially on Magneto's team.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Purple Man is the villain out of Jessica Jones I'm pretty sure. Played by David Tennant, he's awesome :D so I'm pretty sure that he's a bad guy. Don't know where Wilki is going with this.
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm soooo confused :lol: no change there then. This list thing, unless I'm being really dense, doesn't it help everyone? Whichever teams characters are revealed (in this case the bad guys), it then gives everyone more info on who to target or not as the case may be.....And presumably all the names will be revealed via the story in due course anyway - or is that not true? :? Or am I missing something? As I'm new to this, I suspect this may be the case :lol: I'm really not sure, so some thoughts from others would be appreciated please. For now, I'm on the fence.

I didn't notice the numbers in the message either :oops: I dont like numbers :(

But I'm really liking Moxxee's TT :lol:

Oh and one other thing, not that it matters as Loki is dead, but what does a distractor do?
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @spider: I think the list would only reveal the characters's names, not the player names.

FOR EXAMPLE ONLY: Say I'm playing The Flash (who's a DC character). We do this list and find out that The Flash has been recruited. You still don't know it's me, unless I tell you.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh, and as far as the distractor's power: I was wondering that myself. :)
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Purple Man is the villain out of Jessica Jones I'm pretty sure. Played by David Tennant, he's awesome :D so I'm pretty sure that he's a bad guy. Don't know where Wilki is going with this.

Well, yesterday he went after me because I may have been turned by Xavier. Today he's after Moxxee as Magnito...
    So confusing...
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Moxxee, "The Taco Expert", thinks that there is a correlation between the journal entries mentioned in the story with the time stamps of other people's posts, as he observed the savory taco grease run down his arm. Does anyone else see this golden, crunchy, delicious coincidence?

6d4.gif
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @spider: I think the list would only reveal the characters's names, not the player names.

FOR EXAMPLE ONLY: Say I'm playing The Flash (who's a DC character). We do this list and find out that The Flash has been recruited. You still don't know it's me, unless I tell you.

Thanks Lynn. I realised that it was just the characters names, otherwise the game would be over pretty quickly :lol: we still have to work out who is playing which character.... Good luck with that! But you say it's to reveal who has been recruited. Don't we know that from the story? Or is that not the case? :? I read it that it will reveal who can be recruited. Or am I wrong? Gah, I'm completely lost!
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    Moxxee, "The Taco Expert", thinks that there is a correlation between the journal entries mentioned in the story with the time stamps of other people's posts, as he observed the savory taco grease run down his arm. Does anyone else see this golden, crunchy, delicious coincidence?

6d4.gif

I'm looking now that you mention it............ back to that in a moment

I was thinking on the conversation we were having on Jean the other day that her character - given in comics/movies flips both sides would be a good traitor....... but it would make sense she can only traitor if recruited to good guys first, perhaps?
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

6d4.gif

That's a lot of posts to look through to figure out time stamps...and the few pages I looked at didn't seem to match any of those numbers.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    Ok, I've got a crazy theory. I'm willing to be disproved, but it's worth being mentioned.

So the tongue tangler could be a team leader. Let's assume they weren't for a moment.

What if the TT was recruited either last night or the night before?

Moxxee was close to being voted off yesterday, and it's commonly known that it's unfair to vote the tongue tangled person off as they can defend them self properly.

So what I Moxxee is a leader, recruited the TT and suggested being tangled as a defensive mechanism. It's wild and crazy, but who doesn't love crazy?

Come on, Wilki! Your smarter than that. I've known you for a long time...
    Doom was turned last night.
    Purple Man is the TT.
    Let me know when Purple Man gets turned. We'll come back to this...

Why are you going after Moxxee?

It's not Moxxee personally. I made the suggestion purely based on observations from yesterday. Obviously that doesn't fit now - I should have read the story more closely.

There's always the possibility of there being a recruit before the game began - like in my game. It's possible that happened, although unlikely if Magneto has Mystique.

I'm not personally going after Moxxee, just trying to get things clear.
  • barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    What I don't get is that Moxxee was only in danger of wake up votes yesterday, and there were no serious votes meaning he'd be in possible danger - so he wouldn't need to be 'protected' by the tonguetangle, but you say you based this on observations from yesterday, would you not have observed that the votes were wake up votes?
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    What I don't get is that Moxxee was only in danger of wake up votes yesterday, and there were no serious votes meaning he'd be in possible danger - so he wouldn't need to be 'protected' by the tonguetangle, but you say you based this on observations from yesterday, would you not have observed that the votes were wake up votes?

The other possibility with the TT is Moxxee Could have said something useful/dangerous ............. needing to slow down their ability to make sense to gather their thoughts to us.........
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016

The other possibility with the TT is Moxxee Could have said something useful/dangerous ............. needing to slow down their ability to make sense to gather their thoughts to us.........

Was that the case with the 2 previous TT?
    Moxxee has been quite until pretty much today.. which I did find suspicious cause on other parts of the forum he is a very popular guy. Does not mean he knows something other than what he has literally said..though he dang well may. He is one of the few that had said something that seems to actually help everyone unlike many others who talk on here constantly about stuff that is contradictory to the story or Is repetitive.. like it seems they are pretending to not know stuff.. I am new to TSTO forums and brand spanking new to these games (first timer over here) You have all played together before and know each other. I dont. I feel bad ganging up on meinaz now and I'm not going to do it to moxxee because someone wants to trick me again. This is really hard when you are in experienced, but fool me once same on you... fool me twice shame on me. I probably won't make it far this time, but one of these days I'll be a contender, just you wait!!!
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm trying to imagine what the TT instructions were for moxxee today, that explains these gifs. My TT was to use a word related to Easter in every sentence, and to post an image/gif in every post that had to do with bunnies. So WTH are those gifs, moxxee? Would it be clear to me if I wasn't, like, ancient?
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    moxxee wrote:

The problem with the time-stamp theory is that the time-stamps are based on local time. For instance, YOUR post (the one that I am replying to) displays as being posted at 12:57:56. I'm assuming that if someone on the East Coast is looking at it, the timestamp for that same post is 15:57:56.

(For THIS post, it's showing as 14:29:05 for me. What does the timestamp for this post show for you? )
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    I'm trying to imagine what the TT instructions were for moxxee today, that explains these gifs. My TT was to use a word related to Easter in every sentence, and to post an image/gif in every post that had to do with bunnies. So WTH are those gifs, moxxee? Would it be clear to me if I wasn't, like, ancient?

I think the last one is from power rangers - got to say - I haven't paid the gifs much attention
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:

I thought that too. his are so random, but I'm sure you aren't ancuent. If you were you wouldn't even be able to use the computer. Lol

Also, the time stamp situation I believe you are correct it goes with our own time zone, but it may have something to do with it or be a flob like coffee tea I was going crazy trying to figure it out. I already gave up on the n7mbers like I did the letters on the club. Too much for me to delve into, when I don't even know what I'm looking for lol but doesn't mean it isn't going to help someone. Maybe it's connected to an issue of comic or maybe add them up or something idk.. or maybe only part of the journal date is relevant or maybe it helps someone who knows something already that most of us dont.. too many variable to this equation... too many what the heck am I doings.. hahah
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited March 2016

The vote count displays the votes on the whole, not the reasons behind each vote. I just remembered that he was in danger at one point. Obviously my theory has been disproved and is now rubbish. If Moxxee is a team leader, then my theory won't link into that in any way
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

The problem with the time-stamp theory is that the time-stamps are based on local time. For instance, YOUR post (the one that I am replying to) displays as being posted at 12:57:56. I'm assuming that if someone on the East Coast is looking at it, the timestamp for that same post is 15:57:56.

(For THIS post, it's showing as 14:29:05 for me. What does the timestamp for this post show for you? )

Mine is 17:29:05. But wouldn't the last three digits be the same for all of us? Perhaps THAT'S what we should focus on.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!