EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Happy Taco Tuesday!

Mox sees a taco and margarita in his near future, and also you may be right about that time stamp thing. Those delicious numbers drenched in salsa seem to have meaning.

tumblr_ll9rcuaF3y1qbxfjqo1_r1_500.gif
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I checked all the time stamps on Day 2. (Seriously--all day long I've been looking up numbers online and then adding 25% to each one and noting the result, and now THIS--I'm gonna dream in numbers tonight!)

AnnaTheWicked is the only one to have a post occurring at a time ending in 1:52, as in Day 152.

Coincidence? :shock:

Now let's see who, if anyone, votes for Anna.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I checked all the time stamps on Day 2. (Seriously--all day long I've been looking up numbers online and then adding 25% to each one and noting the result, and now THIS--I'm gonna dream in numbers tonight!)

AnnaTheWicked is the only one to have a post occurring at a time ending in 1:52, as in Day 152.

Dedication!!!! *cheers*
    25 %? I don't even want to guess why lol im really bad with math.. idk why they'd vote for Anna just because one date happened to align. It seems like coincidence to me.

Moxxee gifs:

Idk if I ever saw a power Ranger turn into an armadillo lol
    But the last one I saw was definitely from the movie "the birds"
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    I'm trying to imagine what the TT instructions were for moxxee today, that explains these gifs. My TT was to use a word related to Easter in every sentence, and to post an image/gif in every post that had to do with bunnies. So WTH are those gifs, moxxee? Would it be clear to me if I wasn't, like, ancient?

I thought that too. his are so random, but I'm sure you aren't ancuent. If you were you wouldn't even be able to use the computer. Lol

Also, the time stamp situation I believe you are correct it goes with our own time zone, but it may have something to do with it or be a flob like coffee tea I was going crazy trying to figure it out. I already gave up on the n7mbers like I did the letters on the club. Too much for me to delve into, when I don't even know what I'm looking for lol but doesn't mean it isn't going to help someone. Maybe it's connected to an issue of comic or maybe add them up or something idk.. or maybe only part of the journal date is relevant or maybe it helps someone who knows something already that most of us dont.. too many variable to this equation... too many what the heck am I doings.. hahah

I looked into the comic angle - it was one of my thoughts, I see nothing of interest in those hulk comics - I assumed hulk since Bruce was writing............... could be wrong
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Oooo now I'm looking - what did I say?!
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Turkey1010 wrote:

Moxxee gifs:

I thinks its a bad guy........ I don't think its relevant though.....................

Will smith flapping, pretty woman explosion, nic cage being dragged(raising Arizona), guy eating his own head, chick/armadillo, and animated attack from the birds.......
    Not a lot in common with them..................
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    Moxxee, "The Taco Expert", thinks that there is a correlation between the journal entries mentioned in the story with the time stamps of other people's posts, as he observed the savory taco grease run down his arm. Does anyone else see this golden, crunchy, delicious coincidence?

The problem with the time-stamp theory is that the time-stamps are based on local time. For instance, YOUR post (the one that I am replying to) displays as being posted at 12:57:56. I'm assuming that if someone on the East Coast is looking at it, the timestamp for that same post is 15:57:56.

(For THIS post, it's showing as 14:29:05 for me. What does the timestamp for this post show for you? )

Mine is 17:29:05. But wouldn't the last three digits be the same for all of us? Perhaps THAT'S what we should focus on.

I can't believe I did this, but I scrolled back some pages to see if I could find anything like that. I got back 4 pages (at 50 posts a page) before my eyes went on strike, and didn't find anything. (I would LOVE to be GL right now. )

I'm not denying that your last-three-digit theory is a good point. (Well, except that "1" as the third journal entry) . Meanwhile, I'm more curious at the dates ... why did GL pick October 18 & 22? And why November 1st? The story says that October 18 is the "152nd day"

So did anything significant happen on May 19, 2015?
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    Moxxee, "The Taco Expert", thinks that there is a correlation between the journal entries mentioned in the story with the time stamps of other people's posts, as he observed the savory taco grease run down his arm. Does anyone else see this golden, crunchy, delicious coincidence?

The problem with the time-stamp theory is that the time-stamps are based on local time. For instance, YOUR post (the one that I am replying to) displays as being posted at 12:57:56. I'm assuming that if someone on the East Coast is looking at it, the timestamp for that same post is 15:57:56.

(For THIS post, it's showing as 14:29:05 for me. What does the timestamp for this post show for you? )

Mine is 17:29:05. But wouldn't the last three digits be the same for all of us? Perhaps THAT'S what we should focus on.

I can't believe I did this, but I scrolled back some pages to see if I could find anything like that. I got back 4 pages (at 50 posts a page) before my eyes went on strike, and didn't find anything. (I would LOVE to be GL right now. )

I'm not denying that your last-three-digit theory is a good point. (Well, except that "1" as the third journal entry) . Meanwhile, I'm more curious at the dates ... why did GL pick October 18 & 22? And why November 1st? The story says that October 18 is the "152nd day"

It was Pete Townshend's 70th birthday. :D And he produced The Iron Giant, which is kind of about a superhero....

Oh, seriously? I dunno.
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Dedication!!!! *cheers*
    25 %? I don't even want to guess why lol im really bad with math.. idk why they'd vote for Anna just because one date happened to align. It seems like coincidence to me.

Moxxee gifs:

• lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    killer_bunny.gif

He's Got Big Pointy TEETH!!

Oh, just a little bunny eh........

@Anna: This was your message.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    killer_bunny.gif

Looks like we have her cornered. (I'd say we're closing in fast. ) :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    killer_bunny.gif

Looks like we have her cornered. (I'd say we're closing in fast. ) :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Curses for my love of Monty Python!!!

I was thinking the dates mostly showed occurrences were happening closer together - signaling him losing control of Hulk perhaps when I read it the first time................ Now, having to look a little deeper for meaning to the dates.
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited March 2016

That is way too much work... :lol:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 2016

That is way too much work... :lol:

Tell me about it. I had to post payments and adjustments, too. Too much math!
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited March 2016
    Been googling the dates and nothing useful found.
    Can't see any connection between the dates either.
    I'm assuming that the journal entries were all made before Hulk went off with Xavier but still can't see what use that is....we don't know what year the entries are from even.
    I'mean sure there is something obvious I am missing.
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

I had a look and couldn't find anything for 2015, so I googled 'May 19 Marvel'. You'll never guess what came up. The release o the Avengers film in 2010. I don't know if that's a coincidence but that seems as though the GL wanted to use that as a starting date - isn't that film regarded a the beginning of the new era o marvel films? Did I read that somewhere or is that rubbish? Either way, this seems like the starting point for the story. I'm going to go and see if there's anything unique about the other dates
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sorry I've missed like 5 days :oops:
    Had family staying over the Easter break.

I haven't even had time to read back yet, am I still in?

I also won the first challenge, I opted for the clue.
    Here it is:
    "There are 6 people who are whose only recruitment option is villain"
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    henpot7514 wrote:
    Sorry I've missed like 5 days :oops:
    Had family staying over the Easter break.

I haven't even had time to read back yet, am I still in?

I also won the first challenge, I opted for the clue.
    Here it is:
    "There are 6 people who are whose only recruitment option is villain"
    You are still in. You have a forced vote today. Read today's message. There is a second special vote going on.
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Challenge 3
    Time for a race. PM me the answer at 3:03 EST today. Only the first correct answer at 3:03 will win. Anything before that will be ignored.

Name 3 super hero movies that came out/will come out this year. (Doesn't have to be all Marvel)
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited March 2016
    Lynch Count & Share Count

cool-bored-gif-485.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!