EA Forums - Banner

What're your least favourite updates???

Generally, I've found most updates to be good. A few (don't mention the wheel!) have been less enjoyable than others, but overall it's good - hence I'm still playing.

I find the mechanics of crafting annoying and would prefer event mechanics like StoneCutters and SuperHeroes, where more characters could do tasks for event currency etc. my 2 cents!

Replies

  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    If I HAD to choose....new episode tie-ins.

    I'm not going to complain about any free buildings and content, though.
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Springfield Heights. I like the land, but the jobs are ridiculously short and you literally have to sit on the game for an hour straight to make any progress. Plus the buildings are generic and ugly.
  • philong67
    153 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Krusty land. Not much to do there since i reached 5 stars back in the days :P
  • devilhunt1449
    3768 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    For myself it has to be Springfield Heights, not a fan of the very short time to get items to make yet more items to convert into an item, the land is very useful but the buildings are hideous and way to big personally.
  • Cvija01
    464 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Springfield Heights 1 and Springfield Heights. 2
  • thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Cvija01 wrote:
    Springfield Heights 1 and Springfield Heights. 2

    That and Springfield heights.
  • Cvija01
    464 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ok,sorry :D
  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I took down all my buildings after I finished SH, but I just put a bunch back up for the XP bonus. The extra land is nice though.
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The Easter 2014 event was the worst ever. I worked endlessly hoping to win the Mexican restaurant, never won it, and then just bought it when they offered it for in-game cash (not even donuts) later! Clash of Clans was the next-worst after that.
  • pichu2727
    353 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hands down, the Heights. Will likely never finish, so trying to use the land for other stuff. The land is the only good part, I feel.

    Easter itself could have been fun. I love the idea of a fun event. However, the execution was horrible and too much to chance. I can't stand the thought of Shari Bobbins now. :lol:

    Gotta say, whacking day was the best due to the awesome prizes!

    :D

    Please PM first.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2016
    The episode tie-ins had brought 3 characters, 2 of which are not permanent and probably some of the rarest in the game.

    1st was Fat Tony - This is mostly for IOS players from 2012. He was introduced as a limited time character for an episode tie-in. Then months later he was added into level 27.

    2nd Was Kumiko. I think this was 2014 - and she hasn't made a return since

    3rd Was the Mutant Rabbit. That was 2015 - and it hasn't returned since. Thankfully they've added 3 other tasks to it and fixed the screen hopping.

    I typically like them. Always adds new things. Sure the story is short, but that's since it should only be a few days as the episode is only days away.

    Least favorite - KL. There's been next to nothing added there since it's release. Only a ride here and there and a whole level update, but other than that, been pointless.
  • wagondriver4
    307 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The patches that fix beneficial glitches I never heard about. Gets me excited about a new level or store item, but nothing I can find. Then I come to the forum to see people complaining that they only got 1000 donuts. Blah.
  • Cheffernan13549
    94 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    The episode tie-ins had brought 3 characters, 2 of which are not permanent and probably some of the rarest in the game.

    1st was Fat Tony - This is mostly for IOS players from 2012. He was introduced as a limited time character for an episode tie-in. Then months later he was added into level 27.

    2nd Was Kumiko. I think this was 2014 - and she hasn't made a return since

    3rd Was the Mutant Rabbit. That was 2015 - and it hasn't returned since. Thankfully they've added 3 other tasks to it and fixed the screen hopping.

    I typically like them. Always adds new things. Sure the story is short, but that's since it should only be a few days as the episode is only days away.

    Least favorite - KL. There's been next to nothing added there since it's release. Only a ride here and there and a whole level update, but other than that, been pointless.

    Don't forget sanjays son jay who I feel like is just apus head stuck on a teens body
  • Chris60119
    988 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Not a fan of the pile of gold. Threw it in storage. I wish the task icon would go into storage too.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    The most disliked events were the ones with the wheel, culminating with the Easter horror.
    Since EA has managed to stick to us with the crafting - they even taunt us in the dialogs. I guess revenge is sweet.


    Love the tie- in episodes because we get new, and free, items. Like Kimiko, Springfield Falls etc. and they have short quest lines. I still renmber the good laugh I got the morning I opened the game and it was overrun with hamsters Priceless!
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Cheffernan13549
    94 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Zozobras wrote:
    The most disliked events were the ones with the wheel, culminating with the Easter horror.
    Since EA has managed to stick to us with the crafting - they even taunt us in the dialogs. I guess revenge is sweet.


    Love the tie- in episodes because we get new, and free, items. Like Kimiko, Springfield Falls etc. and they have short quest lines. I still renmber the good laugh I got the morning I opened the game and it was overrun with hamsters Priceless!


    Some of the tie ins from 2014 were hilarious but the ones for season 27 so far have been very underwhelming. Take the margian chronicles for instance a whole questline based on space travel and space in general. It wud have been the perfect time to use the astronaut homer skin but instead it was wasted. Also much apu about something. Sure it was nice to get a free character but jay is the one of the most boring playable characters in the game up thier with Declan Desmond and Gina vendetti
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    philong67 wrote:
    Krusty land. Not much to do there since i reached 5 stars back in the days :P

    I don't mind Krustyland, I just hate going back and forth to/from it. If they'd just stuck it up at the top of the map like SP at the water side it would be fine.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.