EA Forums - Banner

Marvelous CG *** Day 5 ends 4/7 12:00pm EST***

Replies

• ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    So there were no deaths last night?

Nope. It was Xavier's turn to 'kill' and luckily they targeted a player who turned out to be "black Widow", and because black widow was on the good team, she was recruited to join their efforts. (If their target had turned out to be from the "bad" list, he/she would have died. )
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    I'm totally confused.

FIRST:
    I could have sworn that turkey was strongly hinting to be Hellraiser in the post about being a fan of Clive Barker. (I looked up "Clive Barker" and saw that he was writer of Hellraiser. ) Because of the posts right after that, about not giving strong hints, I thought THAT was the strong hint someone gave. I was assuming Hellraiser was going to be on Magneto's side, but now I see that Hellraiser isn't on that list that GL gave us.

(I also couldn't understand why turkey would later go after wilki for allegedly being Magneto ... if turkey was Hellraiser)

So much for THAT issue. Hellraiser isn't even in the game.

SECOND:

So, I looked at that list and researched on the internet. I found the names of Marvel Comic super-characters whose aliases are paired with those "civilian" names on the list.

I see NINE people who are (or could be) recruited by Magneto's team. So obviously someone is a possible traitor. (Right? )

BAD TEAM
    Active Members of team:
    1. Magneto
    2. Mystique (Magneto's "assistant recruiter")
    3. Dr. (Victor) Von Doom (recruited)

Dead Members of Magneto's team:
    4. Loki (meinaz) (lynched Day 2)
    5. Elektra (Honolulu) (died Day 3 -- forced vote)

STILL eligible to be recruited (according to list)
    6. Wade Wilson/DEADPOOL
    7. Zebediah Kilgrave/PURPLE MAN
    8. Bucky Barnes/WINTER SOLDIER
    9. Cain Marko/JUGGERNAUT

So that's nine people. Any ideas which of the still-eligible-to-be-recruited are actually "good" team members who can be "turned traitor"?

GOOD TEAM:
    Active members
    1. Charles Xavier/XAVIER
    2. GAMORA (Xavier's helper)
    3. Bruce/HULK
    4. Natasha/BLACK WIDOW

Dead Members
    5. JUBILEE (henpot) (She was on the "good" team, right? )

Recruitable to "Good Team":
    6. CAPTAIN AMERICA (Must be character because Dr. Doom knows who he is)
    7. **** (see NOTE below)
    8. (must be someone who is "recruitable" by the "bad" team, so listed in the "Bad" team section. )

**** NOTE: I don't know who to put for #7 of the "good team". I don't even know for sure what the other comic book character is actually in the game. The name "Groot" came up ... but so did Jessica Jones. And what about "Daredevil" ... (his real name is Matt Murdock) Is one of those three the final "good team" member?

... I'm confused. :(

Did we decide who Peter is? I have him and Groot on the good guy list.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited April 2016
    So the list is really helpful and let's us sort out the gerbils from the guinea pigs...although I'm still a bit lost and not sure if the red squirrels or grey squirrels are on my team.

It also sucks because on Monday morning I will be running around like a hamster in a wheel and wont be able to get to the site except first thing and then during the afternoon. By which time the voting for the rat will be over. I'll just have to vote early and hope I pick the right group of gophers. Hard cheese for me if I get it wrong.

hamster.gif

Hey Look! A Squirrel!
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited April 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:
    So there were no deaths last night?

Nope. It was Xavier's turn to 'kill' and luckily they targeted a player who turned out to be "black Widow", and because black widow was on the good team, she was recruited to join their efforts. (If their target had turned out to be from the "bad" list, he/she would have died. )

Ahhh, okay...I get that now...just like the mouse gets his cheese.
    I wondered why no one died....now its as clear as a gophers hole.
    Your list of characters is very helpful though, makes things clearer...the rats and mice are on one side with hamsters and gerbils on the other and the chincilla can go to either side...Hmmmmm

rats_vs_hamsters_by_guardiankitsune.jpg

Hey Look! ASquirrel
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LOL at that tonguetangle, squirrel. :)

Well, I'm sure the storyline is full of clues about the players. I'm so caught up in the plot, that I miss the clues. I see some in this new one, but need to check to see whether or not the person who would be revealed by the clues is on my own team before I can decide what to post.

I'm also looking back through the posts that were made before that statement from GL about 'prior infractions' ... I hate when I miss the excitement, and hope the "prior infractions" are still in plain sight. Then again, she may have been referring all the way back to the beginning of the game -- like a TV show I used to watch called "Cold Case Files". That's what I feel like right now.

• spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Nice TT Squirrel :D

For the first time in my life, I've been making notes and there are now so many crossings out, scribbles and other frustrated scrawlings, that I'm getting to the point where I can't read my own ramblings.... What has this game done to me? :shock: :lol:

I've got too many good guys - Peter, Groot and Jean :? But it was pointed out above that if our thoughts about Jean being a traitor were correct then she would have been on the bad guy list. Duh, I didn't see that. Right, I'm crossing her off. Or maybe just a question mark for now. Perhaps she's a character, but isn't a traitor? Dunno. Gah - I'm soooo confused! :lol:

As for the bad guy list, I thought that Elektra could be recruited to either team. At least that's how I read the story. But I could be wrong :? But if Elektra is the floating voter so to speak, that then takes the bad guys down to 8. Which would work wouldn't it?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm seeing clues where there are none and not seeing the clues that are there... There are clues aren't there?

Can anybody remind me why I thought it would be a good idea to do this? I would ask my brain, but at the moment it's refusing to tell me :lol: either that or it's had enough and packed it's bags and buggered off somewhere warmer. Which sounds like a good plan to me.

On a different note, can anyone recommend a good (and easy to use for the more technically challenged) image upload app? I've been using imgur, but it seems to have broken :(
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2016

As for the bad guy list, I thought that Elektra could be recruited to either team. At least that's how I read the story. But I could be wrong :? But if Elektra is the floating voter so to speak, that then takes the bad guys down to 8. Which would work wouldn't it?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm seeing clues where there are none and not seeing the clues that are there... There are clues aren't there?

On a different note, can anyone recommend a good (and easy to use for the more technically challenged) image upload app? I've been using imgur, but it seems to have broken :(

ELEKTRA: You're right. I don't know the character, but GL did put her on the list, even though she was dead. (Elektra was dead. Not GL. ) (GL is wet. But not dead. ) (Glub. Glub. Glub. )

So if Elektra is a character who could be either side, she would be a good choice for that 8th spot on the Good Side.

CLUES: I've found some hints that players have been dropping, but I ain't saying what posts they are in, because if I'm right, that means the players are on my side. Hopefully, my teammates will also spot them. (And mine. )

In the story, one clue I thought GL dropped was when Bruce's journal said that luckily Hulk hadn't made the news. I REALLY thought it meant that Hulk was one of the players who hadn't voted the day before, but those players were henpot and Honolulu, and both are dead, and neither was Hulk. So there went that one.

So, with my track record (first turkey, and now "Hulk" ), I'm not at all sure I have the player-post "hints" right. But they're better than nothing.

IMAGE SERVICES:
    When you say that imgur is "broken" do you mean their "mobile" version is messing you up? That's what's happened to me recently. I get thrown into the "mobile" mode as soon as I open it. I HATE that. I can't find the freakin' UPLOAD button.

So I open the left column with the menu button in the top-left corner and scroll down to the link that says "Go to desktop site", but then I get to that site and want to see my images, the drop-down list that should let me choose my "images" screen overlays with the stupid "comments" link and I can't get to my image screen. Aarrgghh.

If you want another service, Photobucket is doable. Not perfect. But doable. It doesn't let me resize in-the-post like imgur does, and the link needs to be cropped after inserting in your message to remove the "html" section of the 'address', but if you're looking for one, that's one idea.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Question for the GL:
    Will the winners of the prize be allowed to share the info with the group? The way Hen did?

I'm going with a random.
    Y'all know I like me a list. But what I like even more is adding to my list.
    Sorry, Anna(old partner) no hard feelings.
    ++Anna
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Edit: All sorted now, no worries :D
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:

Aw, I didn't see your message before you edited it. Now I'll spend all day trying to figure out what it was you had to "sort out". :mrgreen:
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    wilki1999 wrote:

Aw, I didn't see your message before you edited it. Now I'll spend all day trying to figure out what it was you had to "sort out". :mrgreen:

Aha it was only a question for the GL but I realised I'd been stupid. I didn't realise who'd been tangled for today, and asked the GL, but scrolled up and remembered squirrels post. I thought that the TT had been killed under a different name, but then I saw that I'd completely had a mental block about squirrel. Completely forgot his TT.
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    wilki1999 wrote:
    ForumNerds wrote:
    wilki1999 wrote:

Aha it was only a question for the GL but I realised I'd been stupid. I didn't realise who'd been tangled for today, and asked the GL, but scrolled up and remembered squirrels post. I thought that the TT had been killed under a different name, but then I saw that I'd completely had a mental block about squirrel. Completely forgot his TT.

Squirrel did say she is a girl in RL...

++Wilki's memory :P :lol:

This is what I have so far concerning characters. We seem to be missing a possible character on Xavier's team. The character may have been mentioned, or like Black Widow, won't be mentioned until they are recruited.

Characters /Team affiliation
    Magneto -- Magneto
    Mystique -- Magneto
    Doom -- Magneto
    Juggernaut -- Magneto
    Purple Man -- Magneto (not me, Annette, Moxxee, or Squirrel)
    Winter Soldier -- Magneto
    Deadpool -- Magneto, possibly Xavier
    Loki -- Magneto, possibly Xavier
    Elektra -- Magneto/Xavier
    Xavier -- Xavier
    Gamora -- Xavier
    Hulk -- Xavier
    Captain America -- Xavier
    Back Widow -- Xavier
    Jubilee -- Xavier
    ?????? -- Xavier

I think the list makers in these CGs are starting to rub off on me. Didn't know you guys were contagious. :lol:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Awesome list, Sakura. Thanks for making it!
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    sorry I haven't been all that active in this but ive been busy with my game, but talking to my hubby, Peter could be quicksilver....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    sorry I haven't been all that active in this but ive been busy with my game, but talking to my hubby, Peter could be quicksilver....

Actually the Peter we've been talking about was in the storyline (should be in the second message on this thread if you go back to the first page). When Professor X contacted Starlord (aka Peter Quill) but got Gamora instead. I forgot there I another Peter, sometimes called Pietro, in the Marvel Universe. But if he is in this then it's a character not mentioned yet.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Actually the Peter we've been talking about was in the storyline (should be in the second message on this thread if you go back to the first page). When Professor X contacted Starlord (aka Peter Quill) but got Gamora instead. I forgot there I another Peter, sometimes called Pietro, in the Marvel Universe. But if he is in this then it's a character not mentioned yet.

yah I got that we weren't sure if his name was peter though...

crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited April 2016
    I seem to be missing the clues...I've gone back and read everything, wading through pages of posts and feel like a squirrel trying to remember where it buried its nuts.

The annoying thing is, Iknow there are clues there.....I just cant find them.....I need to find a mouse that belongs in the other nest.
    I'm goign to go and re read everything again, perhaps I'll put my brainy classes on and I'll see the light....this guinea pig has the right idea

np5sMIA.jpg

Hey Look! Its a Squirrel

• ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Sorry I wasn't around much today, but just spent the last 3 hours watching Villanova trounce Oklahoma, 95-41 (Joe got his masters degree at Villanova, and is a MAJOR fan of their basketball team. So he's in 7th heaven. What a game. )

tomorrow will be quiet around this house, so hopefully we can figure out some more stuff. Though I'm not sure how much we should be saying here in the thread about the clues.

Gotta go put mulch in the garden around my roses. We can't water from April 4 to April 11, but the water company is waiving the no-watering-on-weekends for just this one weekend. :(
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited April 2016
    OMG..I think I have made a breakthrough and found some clues...this little mouse is finally out of the trap.
    But my posts really arent making much sense at the moment and I hope that we dont all lose sight of one thing...That it was all started by a mouse. Wasnt that a quote by Walt Disney or was it Mickey Mouse :mrgreen:

Anyway this picture has nothing to do with the plot but I liked it....rats can be very endearing...just remember that when it comes time to vote.
    LVkzf7J.jpg

Hey Look! Its a Squirrel
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I know most of the characters on the list but not all of them. I'll have to do a bit of research.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!