EA Forums - Banner

TIP: WILD WEST: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• pichu2727
    353 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for doing this again, AO! Yes, I did recognize your new avi as Captain Britain. :lol:

Thanks for everyone's tips. I read them all. :-)

I noticed if I leave the screen alone (only tried at the Saloon so far), for a bit, the prospectors tend to congregate there.
    Seems same as some past events. This may reduce chasing them around.

Have fun all.

:D
    Please PM first.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    pichu2727 wrote:
    Thanks for doing this again, AO! Yes, I did recognize your new avi as Captain Britain. :lol:

I noticed if I leave the screen alone (only tried at the Saloon so far), for a bit, the prospectors tend to congregate there.

Have fun all.

Well done on recognising my avatar! Lol! Fellow Marvel Comics fan?

I can confirm that they do congregate as usually happens. Whether you're right Pichu, that's it's around the Saloon specifically, but I went the whole hog and removed all my roads, had a few around my Saloon, and they all go there.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I had them congregate at the Simpson's house before, so it seems they can congregate everywhere. After logging in your starting point is the saloon so at the beginning they will all go there. But if you stay long enough somewhere else they'll come there as well it seems.
  • johncolombo
    11504 posts Senior Moderator
    edited April 2016
    suetopia wrote:
    thanks for all the info. No one mentioned and I don't understand the medals. I have one. Some of my friends have a lot more. Where do they come from and what do they do? You can only see them from the friends screen unless I'm missing something.

You get points by clearing and sending prospectors. It's just a measure of how good a friend you are, nothing important! :mrgreen:

But I am clearing and dropping.
    Lol
    Is it possible the friends with more medals
    Are purchasing prospectors?

I think the medals correlates to the number they are on your leaderboard - it least that how it looks to me.

So the more medals they have, the lower down they are on your leaderboard, the less medals the higher they are.

EDIT: Ninja'd :wink:

That would make sense.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Current characters that can produce include but not limited too:

Homer
    Marge
    Apu
    Bart
    Buck McCoy
    Lurleen
    Cletus
    Gummy Joe (requires Lv 4 Plaza)

Plaza upgrades
    (amounts dont carry over so you start from zero)
    lv 3: 150 Bandits (+1 Bandits at Bandit Hideouts)
    lv 4: 300 Bandits (unlocks Job for Gummy Joe at Plaza)

Sell overpriced supplies (Requires Apu):
    64 Pick axes 8 Clues freemium
    128 pick axes 16 clues Premium

Rile people up (Requires Homer):
    32 Hats 8 clues Freemium
    64 Hats and 16 clues Premium

It appears to mimic THoH in that manner choose which resource you want to produce and the characters produce them with the addition of some clues. The list stays the same minus the character doing the "craze"

It mimics monorail in turn in resources for clues to progress act.

And mimics every event ever by having us tap things.

You have waited too long to submit the form. The system has recreated the form and it can now be resubmitted. Please try again.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Brabsel wrote:
    I had them congregate at the Simpson's house before, so it seems they can congregate everywhere. After logging in your starting point is the saloon so at the beginning they will all go there. But if you stay long enough somewhere else they'll come there as well it seems.

This how it works for me as well^^.

Doesn't mater where I am. The prospectors will appear anywhere I wait in one spot long enough. Same goes for the bandits.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi AO,

Some corrections to the info in your post:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    From the General Store, you can choose one of two items to produce. Apu produces pickaxes, and Homer produces something else (is it Cowboy Hats? I've not done that one yet). Each job lasts four hours, and produces 64 of their producible items (pickaxes for Apu, Cowboy Hats for Homer), and 8 maps. Each item has a list of characters that can also produce the same item as Apu or Homer produces, and is also 64 of the corresponding item (Apu-Pickaxes, Homer-Cowboy Hats), and 8 maps that I'm now realising are probably the Clues. Can anybody confirm whether the list of characters are different under Apu and Homer? If somebody can produce a full list, that would be marvellous! :)

Homer produces hats at half the rate of Apu's pickaxes, so while Apu makes 64 pickaxes Homer only makes 32 hats. And character jobs making pickaxes/hats match Apu/Homer's rate. I didn't notice the clue production rate differing, so I assume it's the same for both. Also, the character list is the same and includes Homer, Apu, Marge, Bart, Lurleen, the cowboy that comes with the new movie set (I don't remember his name) and the first prize (Gummy Joe?). This last one needs the Town Plaza to be at level four for the task to unlock. There may be more but those for sure.

AOFIGO009 wrote:
    The production of Pickaxes and Cowboy Hats can be exchanged for Clues, a set amount of Clues each day can unlock certain items. For example, on Day 1, it was Cabbage Rock and the trussed-up horse. Can anybody confirm whether you can fall behind on this and still catch up, or if you don't get the item on the right day, that's it, it's lost?

It's a set number of jobs redeemed that unlocks this prize list as opposed to the value of clues granted for those resources (quite similar to the monorail daily challenges). The clue values count towards the main prize track though so it seems a good balance between number of job redemptions and size of job will be needed to keep up with both prize tracks. As to whether or not a prize from day one is lost if not achieved that day, I can't say for sure. I'm assuming not as the language only says the prizes unlock on set days (like our daily challenge wording), but we won't know for sure until someone tests it out. I didn't think to check with the fence section prize before redeeming jobs today, so I won't test it out myself until another prize available for in-game cash comes up (I'm not that confident about it).

Thanks for doing the strategy threads again for the event, they're always helpful.

Looks like I type pretty slowly - someonewashere's got a nice breakdown above for the hat/pickaxe generation at the plaza.

Edit 2: correcting Lurleen/Luann mix-up
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    00becker wrote:

Homer produces hats at half the rate of Apu's pickaxes, so while Apu makes 64 pickaxes Homer only makes 32 hats. And character jobs making pickaxes/hats match Apu/Homer's rate. I didn't notice the clue production rate differing, so I assume it's the same for both. Also, the character list is the same and includes Homer, Apu, Marge, Bart, Luann, the cowboy that comes with the new movie set (I don't remember his name) and the first prize (Gummy Joe?). This last one needs the Town Plaza to be at level four for the task to unlock. There may be more but those for sure.

Just quick note its Lurleen not Luann, Luann is Kirks wife/ Milhouses mother comes with Cracker Factory,Lurleen comes with Beer-N-Brawl just to clarify.
    Other than that information is spot on.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    00becker wrote:

Homer produces hats at half the rate of Apu's pickaxes, so while Apu makes 64 pickaxes Homer only makes 32 hats. And character jobs making pickaxes/hats match Apu/Homer's rate. I didn't notice the clue production rate differing, so I assume it's the same for both. Also, the character list is the same and includes Homer, Apu, Marge, Bart, Luann, the cowboy that comes with the new movie set (I don't remember his name) and the first prize (Gummy Joe?). This last one needs the Town Plaza to be at level four for the task to unlock. There may be more but those for sure.

Just quick note its Lurleen not Luann, Luann is Kirks wife/ Milhouses mother comes with Cracker Factory,Lurleen comes with Beer-N-Brawl just to clarify.
    Other than that information is spot on.

Good catch - I totally got their names mixed up :)
  • rockyb2006
    756 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Current characters that can produce include but not limited too:

Homer
    Marge
    Apu
    Bart
    Buck McCoy
    Lurleen
    Cletus
    Gummy Joe (requires Lv 4 Plaza)

Plaza upgrades
    (amounts dont carry over so you start from zero)
    lv 3: 150 Bandits (+1 Bandits at Bandit Hideouts)
    lv 4: 300 Bandits (unlocks Job for Gummy Joe at Plaza)

Sell overpriced supplies (Requires Apu):
    64 Pick axes 8 Clues freemium
    128 pick axes 16 clues Premium

Rile people up (Requires Homer):
    32 Hats 8 clues Freemium
    64 Hats and 16 clues Premium

It appears to mimic THoH in that manner choose which resource you want to produce and the characters produce them with the addition of some clues. The list stays the same minus the character doing the "craze"

It mimics monorail in turn in resources for clues to progress act.

And mimics every event ever by having us tap things.

You have waited too long to submit the form. The system has recreated the form and it can now be resubmitted. Please try again.

I totally missed that Apu and Homer can cause a switch between hats and axes just like Halloween. Thanks for that!
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Rumors and speculation, other characters that will/may have tasks in the future:

Rich Texan here's a pic from the store.
    ftGZ8kG.png?1

Paris Texan (according to another thread)

Belle (cant post pic since i already purchased her last year, secondary town is not the right level, etc.)

I do have Belle and currently i see no task for her may be unlocked later or maybe a non-resource task?
  • pichu2727
    353 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    pichu2727 wrote:

Have fun all.

Well done on recognising my avatar! Lol! Fellow Marvel Comics fan?

I can confirm that they do congregate as usually happens. Whether you're right Pichu, that's it's around the Saloon specifically, but I went the whole hog and removed all my roads, had a few around my Saloon, and they all go there.

=================================

Used to be a fan. Used to love Super Hero Squad. He was even on that. :lol: Haven't been able to keep up much lately though.

Sounds like others found the prospectors congregate wherever you leave the screen.

Please PM first.
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Just wanna say to you OP i love your Captain Britain avatar.
    Huge fan of the original Excalibur series as well as the New Mutants original series too
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hey guys, thanks for all the information, we're doing a brilliant job. I'll start adding stuff to the front page in the morning now, as its past midnight here in the UK and I'm very tired!! If there's anything else you can add before that, brill, in particular look at my last long post, and those that have quoted it. If we can get all of that information correct, I think we'll be motoring!!! :)

Oh and Pichu, me and you? We are clearly kindred spirits!! Simpsons, Marvel, Captain Britain, and of course Pok?mon!!! Those are some of my favourite things IN THE WORLD!!!
    cvf007 wrote:
    Just wanna say to you OP i love your Captain Britain avatar.
    Huge fan of the original Excalibur series as well as the New Mutants original series too

Even though you just ninja'd me, you're awesome too cvf007!!! ;D
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    First posts now updated, thanks for all the information guys, too many people helped in little ways that aren't quotable. If there's any issues with the information I've put up, let me know! :)
  • 2montmorency
    116 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The bandit spawn rate seems slow compared to other events. I'm getting 5 an hour, a max of around 30 first thing in the morning (~8 hours break), and no bank. I don't clear the bandit dens (Simpson's house, Flander's house, KEM) till I've cleared the bandits roaming the town.

Is that what others are getting too?
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    First posts now updated, thanks for all the information guys, too many people helped in little ways that aren't quotable. If there's any issues with the information I've put up, let me know! :)
    The bug in your third post with the negative count of daily challenges has been fixed with the patch yesterday! :wink:

One thing I'm waiting for the most right now is a level overview of the saloon. How much it costs each level and what we get.

Level one to two added one more bandit per hideout. Level three will add a job for Joe so he can earn currency as well. I'm guessing more and more characters will get jobs there, but I don't know at what level.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Brabsel wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    The bug in your third post with the negative count of daily challenges has been fixed with the patch yesterday! :wink:

One thing I'm waiting for the most right now is a level overview of the saloon. How much it costs each level and what we get.

Level one to two added one more bandit per hideout. Level three will add a job for Joe so he can earn currency as well. I'm guessing more and more characters will get jobs there, but I don't know at what level.

Thanks for the bug update, and I'm actually here to request that anybody at that level post the requirements moving ahead, and I'll collate them on the front page.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    There seems to be some confusion on here regarding the friendship medals...not to be confused with gold coins, which is future game currency. The MEDALS are points earned for sending, clearing and having PROSPECTORS cleared. The HIGHER the medal count on the leaderboard, the more ACTIVE the neighbor(probably NOT a hoarder and will return your prospectors).

Zero score on their maps means they are not playing yet and you can't drop prospectors in their town. However, you can tap bandits there but there will still be $ signs out, so be careful where you tap if you want event currency.

This is set up almost identically to last haloween's purple terrors, right down to the growl when a prospector is dropped in your town.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The bandit spawn rate seems slow compared to other events. I'm getting 5 an hour, a max of around 30 first thing in the morning (~8 hours break), and no bank. I don't clear the bandit dens (Simpson's house, Flander's house, KEM) till I've cleared the bandits roaming the town.

Is that what others are getting too?

Well it definitely seems lower than usual, as I've just got 45 from about 8 hours, and my town was said to be full. It'll be really helpful if others can give their thoughts here, as it's totally confusing me.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.