EA Forums - Banner

TIP: WILD WEST: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Is it better to try to craft larger amounts of clues or lots of smaller ones?
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Is it better to try to craft larger amounts of clues or lots of smaller ones?
    Wiredup11 wrote:
    In certain trades: The higher amount of pickaxes you trade for clues, the lower amount of pickaxes you'll pay per clue.

To save you nightmares about the words pickaxes and clues, I'll abbreviate those to P and C.

192 P for 60 C goes for a 3.2:1 ratio
    320 P for 105 C goes for 3.05:1
    576 P for 210 C goes for 2.74:1

To give you an idea about what you'll save between the 192/60 and 576/210 trades:
    If the ratio of P:C for the 576/210 trade was as high as 3.2:1, it'd cost you 3.2 * 210 = 672 P for 210 C.
    The 576P/210C trade is 672 - 576 = 96 P cheaper than simply making use of the lowest trade all the time.

However, a different trade just came up for me:
    640 P for 230 C goes for 2.78:1

This latest trade will give you a slightly more expensive P per C ratio than previous three deals.

Looks like when you want savings, you'll have to do the math.
    There you go. This post was on the second page.

You have waited too long to submit the form. The system has recreated the form and it can now be resubmitted. Please try again.

You have waited too long to submit the form. The system has recreated the form and it can now be resubmitted. Please try again.
  • battlefieldID194
    154 posts
    edited April 2016
    So it seems like the best strategy is to turn in the biggest supplies offer to the general store (get the most clues for the supplies) if you think you'll be able to do it easily four times per day to get the free item.

So far, it seems like an average amount of gameplay will allow us to complete Act 1, no problem.
  • Psdance
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Been busy so didn't have a chance to check the whole thread. But there is some good info from checking out the first post. :thumbup:

It took me until just now that Apu and Homer produces different currency! Apu = pickaxes and Homer = Hats. And once you select those then the rest of the characters will produce that currency. Doh! I was wondering why I had so many pickaxes! :) So I just switched over to Hat production.

Going on vacation soon, so it will be interesting to see how I progress along this event. It sounds like a long one, so I should do okay. Not going out of country so I'll have data and tapping capabilities. :)

Was there a max to the wandering Bandits as well as a spawn rate determined?
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Alright. It's probably been mentioned before. But I just found out there is a max of number of projects or clues you can hand in just like the Railyard during the event. For one of my town it was soon after homer outfit was unlocked. The number may vary as there are other sources of clues but shouldn't be too far.

Btw, please kindly pm me if there are any fight clubs for this event. I never made it on anyone's list and always found out after it's over. Thanks ahead of time!
  • lotusmantisx
    164 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Btw, please kindly pm me if there are any fight clubs for this event. I never made it on anyone's list and always found out after it's over. Thanks ahead of time!

Piggybacking off this post...Do these fight clubs happen often? If there is some kind of pm list I would be grateful if I could be added to it :)
  • edited April 2016
    Oh yeah.. I would really appreciate it if I could get notified of any good fight club happenings lol. Never have been notified and I always get left out!

So here is my question.. and sorry if this is a duplicated.. Has anyone noticed that Apu makes more picks than Homer does when he starts a craze? Anyone know why?
  • Wiredup11
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    This might help during certain parts of the event.

When I went to clear my town after 12+ hours, my Kwik-E-Mart and Flanders house both had not 1 but 3 hats, stacked.
    Instead of 1 Bandit Hideout I got 3 each building, which resulsted in getting not 10 but 30 Bandits for these two buildings.

Main town is at Town Plaza level 3.

This didn't happen in my other two towns, who both had Town Plaza level 2.

All towns are on the same pt. of the main questline, Once Upon A Time In Springfield pt. 10.
  • happyone2323
    1496 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Wiredup11 wrote:
    This might help during certain parts of the event.

When I went to clear my town after 12+ hours, my Kwik-E-Mart and Flanders house both had not 1 but 3 hats, stacked.
    Instead of 1 Bandit Hideout I got 3 each building, which resulsted in getting not 10 but 30 Bandits for these two buildings.

Main town is at Town Plaza level 3.

This didn't happen in my other two towns, who both had Town Plaza level 2.

All towns are on the same pt. of the main questline, Once Upon A Time In Springfield pt. 10.

I had 3 hats on the Simpsons house in my feeder town. My town plaza was at level 1.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Brabsel wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    First posts now updated, thanks for all the information guys, too many people helped in little ways that aren't quotable. If there's any issues with the information I've put up, let me know! :)
    The bug in your third post with the negative count of daily challenges has been fixed with the patch yesterday! :wink:

One thing I'm waiting for the most right now is a level overview of the saloon. How much it costs each level and what we get.

Level one to two added one more bandit per hideout. Level three will add a job for Joe so he can earn currency as well. I'm guessing more and more characters will get jobs there, but I don't know at what level.

Thanks for the bug update, and I'm actually here to request that anybody at that level post the requirements moving ahead, and I'll collate them on the front page.

AO please look at my earlier post it does state the requirements for level 3 and 4 PLaza

level 3, requires 150 Bandits (+1 to bandit in bandit hideouts)
    Level 4 300 bandits (unlocks Gummy Joes task)

im off to find more info, Friends bandits drop 8 pick axes or 4 hats, just fyi, and they dont appear to count towards the bandits required for plaza upgrading.
  • Brooklynight
    210 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Oh yeah.. I would really appreciate it if I could get notified of any good fight club happenings lol. Never have been notified and I always get left out!

So here is my question.. and sorry if this is a duplicated.. Has anyone noticed that Apu makes more picks than Homer does when he starts a craze? Anyone know why?

Please keep me appraised of any Fight Club goings-on too.

As for your question, it looks like pickaxes are just supposed to be a higher amount. Characters always make half the amount of hats. Just a way to spice things up probably.
  • Brooklynight
    210 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone know what happens after getting all the Act 1 prizes? Is there any benefit (ie bonuts) in trying to rush through it by handing in the max amount of trades each day?
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Alright. It's probably been mentioned before. But I just found out there is a max of number of projects or clues you can hand in just like the Railyard during the event. For one of my town it was soon after homer outfit was unlocked. The number may vary as there are other sources of clues but shouldn't be too far.

Does anybody know the actual number of projects we get capped at? Or maybe it's not the specific number of projects, but how many clues we get from these projects? I may be wrong, but I think that's how the original projects worked, during the Monorail Event, and this information may change many people's tactics.
    AO please look at my earlier post it does state the requirements for level 3 and 4 PLaza

level 3, requires 150 Bandits (+1 to bandit in bandit hideouts)
    Level 4 300 bandits (unlocks Gummy Joes task)

im off to find more info, Friends bandits drop 8 pick axes or 4 hats, just fyi, and they dont appear to count towards the bandits required for plaza upgrading.

Yes! Thanks for reminding me Someonewashere, I couldn't recall where that post was. So I've got Level 3 and 4 to add to the front post, if it's okay with everyone, I'll assume we don't need Level 2 requirements posted, if people can provide the level up requirements beyond this, that'll be great.
    Does anyone know what happens after getting all the Act 1 prizes? Is there any benefit (ie bonuts) in trying to rush through it by handing in the max amount of trades each day?

I'm not sure it's 100% confirmed, but very close to that. Bonuts are involved at the end of Act I. The construction of the event lends itself to Bonuts.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Okay, I'm still not sure about how long it takes to fill up, but I've maxed out at 45 Bandits in a full Springfield 3 times in a row now. Which stinks. That's soooo low. I'm starting to have suspicions the max is linked to the Town Plaza Level.
  • mischiefma567
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    So just to confirm what I've found, and some assumptions I've made that I'm hoping somebody can confirm:

From the General Store, you can choose one of two items to produce. Apu produces pickaxes, and Homer produces something else (is it Cowboy Hats? I've not done that one yet). Each job lasts four hours, and produces 64 of their producible items (pickaxes for Apu, Cowboy Hats for Homer), and 8 maps. Each item has a list of characters that can also produce the same item as Apu or Homer produces, and is also 64 of the corresponding item (Apu-Pickaxes, Homer-Cowboy Hats), and 8 maps that I'm now realising are probably the Clues. Can anybody confirm whether the list of characters are different under Apu and Homer? If somebody can produce a full list, that would be marvellous! :)

The production of Pickaxes and Cowboy Hats can be exchanged for Clues, a set amount of Clues each day can unlock certain items. For example, on Day 1, it was Cabbage Rock and the trussed-up horse. Can anybody confirm whether you can fall behind on this and still catch up, or if you don't get the item on the right day, that's it, it's lost?

Hi AO. Thanks for the run-through. I haven't read every page of this so I may be telling you what you already know but hopefully it's helpful.
    I am very sick and didn't get to play yesterday and can confirm you can catch up on the daily prize if you missed it.

I also hadn't noticed before but the Rich Texan is available under Homer's "riled up" heading. I know I only just got a new update since I last played 3 hours ago and I'm not sure if he was always there and I missed him, or he's only been added in the update. He gets the extra points for being a premium character as well. I was already doing "riled up" so I don't know if he's on both or only Homer's. Hope this helps. Sorry if it has already been said

Edit. The Rich Texan isn't available for Apu's challenge, but Belle is there instead, again with the premium prizes
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • McYahoo
    26 posts
    edited April 2016
    I just noticed the same thing about the Rich Texan having a job when the craze is set to Riled Up. He produces 64 hats versus 32 hats for the others. This isn't available with the craze is set to Overpriced Supplies. I checked to see if Paris Texan was usable for this craze and she wasn't
  • ramrod130
    531 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Is hoarding the right thing to do? I've been doing 4 of the max one each day, I have 3480 maps, 2600 axes and 1400 hats.
  • viki108582
    17 posts
    edited April 2016
    Just reached Town plaza level 4 and can see the requirements for level 5. It takes 500 bandits and says that at level 5 you will be able to clear bandits from an additional hideout at Krusty Burger.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm not sure if this is a new one, but it seems that Belle can only produce pickaxes and the Rich Texan can only produce hats. You can still make them produce at the same time by picking the one that is available for the current currency, and use Homer or Apu to switch to producing the other currency. The other character should appear in the list.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hey guys, sorry I didn't get on this morning, I was having trouble accessing the forums. I understand I'm not the only person, so I thought I'd give a little run down of how things are going.

First of all, thanks to those who told me about Belle and The Rich Texan taking part in the crazes, I myself noticed Belle on my game. Thanks also to viki108582 for the information about Level 5 of the Town Plaza.

I also got new information on the Bandits spawning and the max number. Once again, this is from a full Springfield, which took approximately 8 (!!) hours to happen, and I got......... 31. What the hell is going on?!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.