EA Forums - Banner

TIP: WILD WEST: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I too have had problems even getting into the forum :(
    Overnight - about 9 hours - counted 30 bandits in both of my towns.
    Counted 6 bandits after 1 hour.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    From Simpsonswiki, clues needed:
    Gummy Joe 740
    800 pick axes 1280
    Stagecoach 2360
    400 hats 4430
    Cowboy Homer 7490
    800 pick axes 11360
    Bank etc 15860
    400 hats 20720
    Wes Doobner 25580
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • mischiefma567
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi everyone.
    Sorry to ask this but I don't know if I'm just sick and too impatient but:
    Have the western robbers or whatever they are (grr, sorry, my mind has gone blank right now and I can't think of the proper name of them: so sick I need sleep but so sick I can't sleep) stopped gravitating towards the plaza/saloon or the message saying they have all gone disappeared from the game at the moment? I haven't managed to see either in the last few hours and I really don't know if I'm just missing something, my game has a bug or they have disappeared. Can anyone help? Thanks
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I wouldn't have known about the trick mentioned above, which lets us use both the Rich Texan AND Belle simultaneously. (Could someone clarify for me whether this is how to accomplish that? )

FIRST, select Homer to "rile people up" (or whatever it's called), and send the Rich Texan to do that. (Being sure NOT to assign Apu)
    SECOND, select Apu to sell overpriced supplies, and send Belle to do THAT.
    Then decide which task you want the other event-currency-earners to be assigned to.

Was that right?

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi everyone.
    Sorry to ask this but I don't know if I'm just sick and too impatient but:
    Have the western robbers or whatever they are (grr, sorry, my mind has gone blank right now and I can't think of the proper name of them: so sick I need sleep but so sick I can't sleep) stopped gravitating towards the plaza/saloon or the message saying they have all gone disappeared from the game at the moment? I haven't managed to see either in the last few hours and I really don't know if I'm just missing something, my game has a bug or they have disappeared. Can anyone help? Thanks

Hi Mischief, hope you feel better soon, it's never fun to be ill, but especially so during a Tapped Out Event. I was once ill during an event, where I had the event to keep up with, and run this thread! It was not fun!! But the sense of achievement and camaraderie here on the forums made me feel better!! :D

On you're points. I've just emptied my town of Bandits (for all I know they could come from the East too ;) I like to keep things PC!) and I got the message saying they all disappeared, and they still congregate on a stopped screen, I've also deleted all my roads except for around the Town Plaza, where I've got enough roads to accommodate every body, while still being able to see everybody on any given spot. It's a square of roads, with straight roads between it, like a brick wall almost.

And to update everybody else on the spawn rates, it took about 10 hours for my Springield to fill up, and yet still only got 36. Something is clearly not adding up here.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Don't assign Apu and Homer to anything until you pick either Belle or Rich Texan. (I think Homer's the one that switches to hats, so if that's wrong the method is still pretty close.)

If your town square was producing pickaxes last time, then you should be able to assign Belle to produce them. Then assign any other characters you want to produce pickaxes (except Homer and Apu). Then press the button above and assign Homer to get everyone riled up. The unassigned characters should all be showing hat tasks, and Rich Texan should be available.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    I wouldn't have known about the trick mentioned above, which lets us use both the Rich Texan AND Belle simultaneously. (Could someone clarify for me whether this is how to accomplish that? )

FIRST, select Homer to "rile people up" (or whatever it's called), and send the Rich Texan to do that. (Being sure NOT to assign Apu)
    SECOND, select Apu to sell overpriced supplies, and send Belle to do THAT.
    Then decide which task you want the other event-currency-earners to be assigned to.

Was that right?

I think that's right, except once you've assigned Apu and Belle, all the other characters will be locked into doing the Pickaxes job with Apu. It's also worth noting it would work the other way round too. After doing the above, and the jobs are all finished, send Apu and Belle on their jobs, THEN change the craze with Homer and send all the other characters to create Cowboy Hats with him.
    petehd14 wrote:
    Don't assign Apu and Homer to anything until you pick either Belle or Rich Texan. (I think Homer's the one that switches to hats, so if that's wrong the method is still pretty close.)

If your town square was producing pickaxes last time, then you should be able to assign Belle to produce them. Then assign any other characters you want to produce pickaxes (except Homer and Apu). Then press the button above and assign Homer to get everyone riled up. The unassigned characters should all be showing hat tasks, and Rich Texan should be available.

A combination of what Pete and I said works...... I think!! :s
  • edited April 2016
    Does anyone know what happens after getting all the Act 1 prizes? Is there any benefit (ie bonuts) in trying to rush through it by handing in the max amount of trades each day?

Here is the amount per day cap -

Capture.png

Thanks to TSTOaddicts for the image.
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LP released the Plaza lv requirements for upgrades and the bonuses you get from them.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone know what happens after getting all the Act 1 prizes? Is there any benefit (ie bonuts) in trying to rush through it by handing in the max amount of trades each day?

Here is the amount per day cap -

Capture.png

Thanks to TSTOaddicts for the image.

Your image has seemingly nothing to do with the post you quoted, so I need a bit more information. Is this the amount of Clues you need for bonuts??
  • edited April 2016
    Ha! That is embarrassing. I quoted the wrong post, sorry. The image I posted is regarding the max amount of clues that can be turned in on that day. Obviously we all know there is a cap as to how many clues can be turned in and this picture just shows what the cap limit is per day. Make sense now? Haha
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Ha! That is embarrassing. I quoted the wrong post, sorry. The image I posted is regarding the max amount of clues that can be turned in on that day. Obviously we all know there is a cap as to how many clues can be turned in and this picture just shows what the cap limit is per day. Make sense now? Haha

Lol! I did wonder if you quoted wrong, and figured it was either what I said above or what you said! :)
    Mind if I use the image on the front page?
  • edited April 2016
    Haha yeah sorry! No problem at all my friend, go ahead! :)
  • Wiredup11
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    You're able to tap well over 3 neighbour bandits during your friend visits.

This is how you do it:

You tap the first two times on anything (buildings, bandits). Then, when you're about to tap your last bandit, keep tapping others until the screen won't register taps anymore.

If done right, this can give you 5 to 6 (or even more, haven't gotten over 6) friend actions per neighbour.

Daily Challenges: Even though each new incoming DC will be rewarding event currency, you can still swap them out for a chance on a donut/Heights currency/money DC.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Quick tip for finding bandits if you have a Daily Challenge to "Collect Hats" (or Pickaxes):

Click on "Go to" from within the Daily Challenge pop-up and it will take you right to any bandits that are wandering around - or tell you that there are none left for now.

Assume it will work for "Clear Bandits" as well
  • Mev03
    3 posts
    edited April 2016
    Rumors and speculation, other characters that will/may have tasks in the future:

Rich Texan here's a pic from the store.
    ftGZ8kG.png?1

Paris Texan (according to another thread)

Belle (cant post pic since i already purchased her last year, secondary town is not the right level, etc.)

I do have Belle and currently i see no task for her may be unlocked later or maybe a non-resource task?

The Rich Texan does have a job, he only produces hats though, not pick axes.

:D
  • p3bowman
    524 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Has anyone reached the Level 5 Town Plaza? I'm wondering if bandits will spawn from more than one Krusty Burger.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    p3bowman wrote:
    Has anyone reached the Level 5 Town Plaza? I'm wondering if bandits will spawn from more than one Krusty Burger.

Probably not. Just like having multiple Kwik-E-Marts doesn't help, it's probably the same for Krusty Burger. :(

On an update note, for everyone on the thread, after 8 hours again (that seems to be the length of time it takes for Springfield to fill up) I got 45 Bandits, up from the low 30's of recent times, but still really bad considering it takes so much longer to fill up than usual. Not all happy with the spawn rate. Why deviate so suddenly and to such an extent from previous events???
  • Mev03
    3 posts
    edited April 2016
    Should I hand in pick axes and hats to gain clues in the general store when there are no items to unlock or wait until the items are available? Currently waiting for day 6 fence to unlock so hoarding pick axes and hats but am aware I need clues to earn act 1 prizes too so not sure??

Also have read the thread about ratio of handing pick axes and hats to get either small/regular/large amount clues but it was a little confusing for my unmathematical brain!! Is it better to hand in lots of small trades or fewer large trades?

Thanks for your help! :thumbup:
  • Tulumos
    81 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Mev03 wrote:
    Should I hand in pick axes and hats to gain clues in the general store when there are no items to unlock or wait until the items are available? Currently waiting for day 6 fence to unlock so hoarding pick axes and hats but am aware I need clues to earn act 1 prizes too so not sure??

Also have read the thread about ratio of handing pick axes and hats to get either small/regular/large amount clues but it was a little confusing for my unmathematical brain!! Is it better to hand in lots of small trades or fewer large trades?

Thanks for your help! :thumbup:

I think its a personal preference. Smaller rewards earns you daily prize in one go (atleast for me) and than you can spend on biggest prizes since the biggest payout gives you better (nothing major) ratio on clues. There is no reason to withhold on spending resources whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.