EA Forums - Banner

Tablet Suggestions

Prev1
simp7fan
4163 posts Member
I started playing on Kindles, but Amazon took forever to update so I went with a Samsung galaxy tab 4. Google Play is a much better store anyway. The only issue I have is with how much space this game alone uses. I'm tempted to buy another Tab just to play Tapped Out and nothing else. :D
Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.

Replies

• Snakeyees
    2342 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    My Android Galaxy Tablet Pro 8.4 inch recently broke a couple weekends ago after two years but I used it every single day a lot and my problem with it was of my touch ui started messing up so where I would press on the screen wasn't necessarily where m tablety thought my finger was after going to all the trouble shooting I still couldn't fix it and now it's permanently broken I'm currently saving up my money for a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.1 inch and I don't suspect that I have any problems running this game because I had no problems running it on my 8.4 8nch
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited April 2016
    I switched from iPad w/16 Gb to iPad Air w/30 Gb just because TSTO uses so much memory
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    When I upgraded from old phone to newer tablet, I went cheap. Using Acer B1-770 (CPU 1300MHz, 1G RAM, 16G ROM),
    Android 5.0.1.

Made a HUGE difference, no problems at all. Have about 7000 items out and monorail running.

Believe I checked out the Tab A and it had better specs than this...

ETA: Here's my thread where I asked this forum for similar advice before buying http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10355890.page
  • sealley123
    328 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I had to stop playing on my iPhone due to lack of space so it was deleted from there. So I am only going to play on my 120 GB iPad aire 2. The day that runs out of space I don't know what I'll do. So get a device with plenty of room for this game to grow.
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I used to use my kindle, which was okay but we always got updates late.
    For Xmas Hubbie bought me a Samsung Tab 2S with the keyboard cover. I love it, but it was expensive.
    It has plenty of storage and a slot for more.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for all the suggestions, so far, everyone!! I think I'm hearing that even 16GB is not enough anymore. SD card might offset things, but the game can have issues using it, as far as I've heard.

Thanks for the link to your post, nissa762. :)
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The game plays great on my Kindle. I have the cheapest version which retails for $50. I bought mine last black Friday when amazon sold them for $35. 7'" screen, 8gb and a SD slot. Works fine for movies, books and internet browsing. Also using their coin system you can usually get a discount and/or rebate on donuts purchases.
  • Krylon39
    20 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I play on a 16GB Tab A... no issues at all (The resolution on the Tab A's isn't the best, but is fine for Tapped Out and other games).
    Looking for friends who play hourly ?

Krylon39 - wreck39 - skyealex
  • devilhunt1449
    3768 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm still playing on a Tab 3 10.1 and it still copes with the game very well ( and I've 2 monorail running ) so the newer Tab A should be great.
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    A 128Gb iPad Pro is a great tablet to play Tapped Out on.
    No lag problems and still some space left for the game to expand :)
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I ditched a Kindle Fire and have had since November a Lenovo Tab 2 A8-50 (8inch) 16GB and no problems with Tapped Out.

I did stick to the OS it had upon arrival because I saw on the product forum many issues with the latest Android.

Also, check out the app Google Opinion Rewards, earn free Play Store credit for short surveys. I earned 6GBP in month one!
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6372 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    A 128Gb iPad Pro is a great tablet to play Tapped Out on.
    No lag problems and still some space left for the game to expand :)

This is what I'm using as well :thumbup:
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Krylon39 wrote:
    I play on a 16GB Tab A... no issues at all (The resolution on the Tab A's isn't the best, but is fine for Tapped Out and other games).
    What's wrong with the resolution?

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I want a higher resolution than I have right now. It's a 500mb storage for my game, the higher resolution is more like 900mb. If only I have the great internet to handle that each update.
  • edited April 2016
    I don't know if this would offer much advice but I play mainly on an iPad mini 2 and it works great. I love it.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    What size are those?

I'm going to stick to Android. No Kindle or iPad.
  • DutchTapper
    131 posts
    edited April 2016
    I play on the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet.
    It's a very very good tablet which can run
    every game smoothly. It costs only about 200 dollars.
  • Psdance
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm curious, how much space is the game taking on the various Samsung Tablets? On my iPhone 6s+ it takes up 1.1 GB. I also play in an old iPad 2. It is slow on it but still playable. I'll be looking to upgrade to another tablet as well.

• Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I play on the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet.
    It's a very very good tablet which can run
    every game smoothly. It costs only about 200 dollars.

I've been thinking about one of these lately. My 2nd gen Nexus 7 is OK, but it's starting to show it's age. I usually send around 90 people to the She-She Lounge and there is some lag when I collect. My iPhone 5s and my son's 7" Kindle don't lag at all, really.
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I play on a 2nd generation Nexus 7. I haven't had a lot of glitches and the game runs smoothly. I love my tablet.
  • MissMetalNz
    19 posts
    edited April 2016
    I'm playing on a samsung tab 3 10.1. (The wierd new zealand version) and it handles the game perfect. Not exactly sure on what price it is now. But I'd say it's come down quite abit. Then again i use a samsung s3 to play my other town and that runs fine as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.