EA Forums - Banner

Am i missing something

Keep spending a little more on the larger items each day. Save just enough that you are sure to be able to get the four you need first thing in the morning. I've been spending a little extra each day, though I haven't maxed out once yet, and I'm at about 21,000 clues. Should be finished by tomorrow sometime.

Replies

• izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    So my hats and pickaxes are starting to really pile up. I do the 4 items at the store every day that take the most resources.

I still have 4 prizes to get. snd it really seems like it is a possibility that i wont complete in time at the rate i am going.

Am i supposed to continue to spend my resources at the store just for clues even after i get my daily item?

does not make sense to me
    Yes, that's exactly what you're supposed to do. I didn't figure that out until two days ago myself. :(
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    The caps - designed to stop people from finishing in a couple of days - seem to be throwing people hopelessly behind. I'm on the last prize now, but I have to wait because I hit the cap less than a minute after the General Store becomes available.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    So my hats and pickaxes are starting to really pile up. I do the 4 items at the store every day that take the most resources.

I still have 4 prizes to get. snd it really seems like it is a possibility that i wont complete in time at the rate i am going.

Am i supposed to continue to spend my resources at the store just for clues even after i get my daily item?

Yes, that's exactly what you're supposed to do. I didn't figure that out until two days ago myself. :(

that is pretty stupid

thanks
  • devilhunt1449
    3459 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I've spent a some extra each day, usually 2 or 3 of the largest clue offer and have yet to hit the limit, I try to make sure that I've got enough picks and hats to easily get the next daily item the next day and at the moment I'm currently working towards the final prize, I'd expect to have it in about 2 days.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    yea i just spent a crap load of them and got my second prize of the day.

i didn't hit a cap yet but decided to stop for now as it put me ahead of the calendar now snd we have no idea if these will be needed in the next acts.
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    yea i just spent a crap load of them and got my second prize of the day.

i didn't hit a cap yet but decided to stop for now as it put me ahead of the calendar now snd we have no idea if these will be needed in the next acts.

I believe I read in one or more of the threads that the currencies change for act 2, so there's no point in hoarding the hats and picks.

Edit: That being said, I'm still not sure how the bonus donuts will work, so I want to have enough on hand to keep going for at least a couple days. That shouldn't be a problem, though, with the number that can be earned pretty easily.
  • mrrichport747
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I do not think that the currencies change in Act 2, rather a new currency is added to the mix. Moe will be available to "start a craze" at the saloon and a third resource will be added to the mix.

This event is like a combination of Halloween 2015 and the Railyard.

I was also behind for the first few days as I would only turn in the 4 needed exchanges. I have also now switched over to doing the 4 needed first thing in the morning, and continuing to exchange a few more times throughout the day.

I always have enough resources for the next day, and I am almost done with the prizes earned from clues. I just placed the bank and barber shop this morning.
  • LPLeach
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't see how anyone could be working on the last prize. I've been collecting and working every day, all day only taking a break for sleep. I won't get that rib hut until the last day of Act 1.
  • AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Maps to badges to dynamite for prizes
    Hats and axes + guns + gold coins for currency

I'd imagine like all past events the cap goes away after all the main prize track is completed then you can earn bonuts.
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LPLeach wrote:
    I don't see how anyone could be working on the last prize. I've been collecting and working every day, all day only taking a break for sleep. I won't get that rib hut until the last day of Act 1.

I am currently working on the last prize as of editing this post I am at 22,830 Clues collected so roughly about 2,000 clues away
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LPNintendoITA
    11429 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    no bonuts from extra main currency this time. only the last prize of each act's general store prize track
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I spend all my resources daily and am ahead of schedule. Just start turning them in and you should catch up
  • Oatmeal832
    566 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    LPLeach wrote:

I'm not sure how anyone who plays that actively could not be close to the final prize! :?:

I'm barely 2000 clues from the Rib Hut, and I've slowed down production to send Bart and Lisa to slave away at the Railway for my weekly 5 donuts because I don't need them. I have 3400+ of both hats and pickaxes and max out on General Store exchanges as soon as they're available.

So I'll be done with Act 1 no later than tomorrow and will just go for daily prizes until next week.

Honestly unsure how someone who plays all the time isn't in the same spot!

• tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:

The whole point is to spend resources to get clues - this is what takes us along the prize track for the act. The daily prize is just an added extra.
    LPLeach wrote:

I have the Wild West Studio, Lurleen and BuckMcCoy (but not the other two prem characters that can collect), do 4 or sometimes 5 collections a day and am now only 3000 from the final prize. Haven't been rushing and don't have any neighbours apart from my B town. It seems to make a difference if you only hand in the largest amounts at the store.
  • Turkey1010
    2665 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I had no idea. WOW.
  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    No reason to save up, really. Just spend. There aren't rounds and rounds of bonuts this time.
  • geekbyknight
    656 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm on the penultimate prize and have yet to hit a cap of any kind. And I exclusively get the biggest bundle.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!