EA Forums - Banner

after wes doobners strategy ideas

2Next

Replies

• shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't TRYING to finish early, it just happened. I'm not bragging about it or rubbing it in anyone's face, it's just a fact. And yes, I was hoping for bonuts, weren't we all? and what's wrong with getting done early to receive free donuts?????

All I have to say to griper is; blah blah blah
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    @becker:
    Makes sense but I don't like waiting and what's done is done, in my case.
    @fastshadows:
    I just checked wiki and the main prize line currency WILL change from act to act. I hadn't checked before and hoped the currency would be clues for the whole event.
    Knowing what I know now, I'll just trade in the minimum number of hats and picks to earn the daily prizes. I'll hoard the rest to be used in the upcoming acts. It looks like the picks and hats will be needed for the other acts.

You asked about strategy. That's my strategy going forward.

i think thats going to be my strategy going forward also. thanks for info
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited April 2016
    I went ahead and finished act one prizes. I rather finished all the tasks before act two starts.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I am fully convinced EA is punishing all of us because of the ever-increasing use of the portmanteau "bonuts" on these forums. It's awful and it must be stopped. Think of the children.
  • p3bowman
    520 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I have a feeling we may lose our hats and axes going into act 2. Does everyone think they'll carry over? What happened during the monorail event? I wasn't far enough along at the time to carry anything over.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hats and axes will carryover. I'm expecting a new currency to be added in the mix with each new act, just like what happened during the monorail event.
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    Hats and axes will carryover. I'm expecting a new currency to be added in the mix with each new act, just like what happened during the monorail event.

+1
    From what I understand, this is how it will work.
  • battlefieldID194
    154 posts
    edited April 2016
    Nothing happens at 1500?!?

... Those jackasses (my middle finger is up)
  • 2montmorency
    116 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone know (or would like to speculate..) if prospectors continue in Act 2? Wondering if it makes sense to stockpile them now.

Edit: Thinking about it, I assume prospectors must carry over because we can purchase them with donuts.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Surfcitygal
    1213 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone know (or would like to speculate..) if prospectors continue in Act 2? Wondering if it makes sense to stockpile them now.

Edit: Thinking about it, I assume prospectors must carry over because we can purchase them with donuts.

I'm torn. Give them to neighbors who seem to be lagging behind or keep them all for Act 2? As for those of my neighbors giving me prospectors, I have no clue who you are as I never see names. This is true for all of my Springfields!
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Is you is, or is you ain't, all dyslexic using the term Bonuts?
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    ours is a living language capable of infinite expression. new words are crafted and dropped into the lexicon every day to match the pace of change in our lives, which is a positive adaptive quality of language and not something to lambast or become spastic over. The consequence of new vocabulary is that we experience regional drift in how we speak, and things like the Boston accent develop, and perhaps new dialects within English will spring up over time when we can no longer understand each other's diction.

Is that time for concern now? No, at present all we have is you refusing to acknowledge the genius and the glory of a freshly coined term for bonus donuts. Which is fine. Most democrats choose sillier causes than this to protest about, really. So if the word offends, by all means campaign against it righteously, though let's remember there is no central authority in English to tell us what's proper speech and what isn't. We rely on guidelines instead of enforcement. And the guidelines are to speak efficiently and effectively as possible so one's meaning is clear and uncluttered, and to match formal speech with formal situations as is appropriate, then use more informal modes of speech among friends in a relaxed setting such as this. "Bonuts" doesn't offend any of those guidelines from my perspective. It's not instantly clear what it means, but that's true of many new words. You can however infer its meaning as a play on the word donuts, and from there the mystery of the B can be ferreted out fairly easily since one only sees the term used during events when bonus donuts are available, so the context clues can lead you to decipher the meaning, or just ask, as you previously did. If you were unsatisfied with the answer, is that my problem? Well, yes and no, because you do have the right to take umbridge to the word as I said above. But we're not required to apologize for its use, as that is our right. :roll:
  • krysface
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hey I seem to be really struggling with this event. I log in 3 times a day, setting the 4 hour tasks. I visit my neighbors daily and I drop prospectors when I have enough to drop one per neighbor (I have about 40 neighbors) I don't get a lot of prospectors. I clear all the bandits when I log in. I don't have any of the premium characters. I'm still 2 prizes away from completing act 1. I have also been turning in as many resources as I can but I frequently run out. What am I missing?
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Krysface, it sound like you're doing everything right so I'm not sure why you're so far behind. We're only two days to the end of the event now, but if you want to try for the last two prizes I'd step things up a bit:

try to log in four times a day to set your characters on event tasks,
    clear your town of bandits completely when you log in,
    clear bandit hideouts every four hours,
    make sure you're generating the resource (hats/pickaxes) you're short of for your trades at the general store,
    prioritize larger trades as the clue payout is slightly better,
    turn in as many trades as you can each day,
    visit your neighbours every day, and
    drop all your prospectors off with the neighbours most likely to tap them and reciprocate.

Good luck with the prizes!
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If I currently have a Daily Challenge that has a reward of a bunch of Clues, what happens after Act 1 ends? Will the Challenge change to the Act 2 currency?
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited May 2016

I'm torn. Give them to neighbors who seem to be lagging behind or keep them all for Act 2? As for those of my neighbors giving me prospectors, I have no clue who you are as I never see names. This is true for all of my Springfield!

I found if you go to friends (before you tap them) then back to your Springfield the names usually show up.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I just had to spend 1,152 pickaxes and 480 hats to get the Day 14 donuts.

• tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If I currently have a Daily Challenge that has a reward of a bunch of Clues, what happens after Act 1 ends? Will the Challenge change to the Act 2 currency?

I had challenge to collect bandits for 60 clues. To avoid it would mean forgoing over 200 bandits though the day - the equivalent of about 3200 axes, which are worth a lot more than the clues from the challenge, even if they did carry over.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!