EA Forums - Banner

How many 'Fremium' players made it to Wes Doobner?

Replies

• matseym
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    hughejars wrote:
    I'm just short of 'Bank and Top Chop Barber Shop' even though I've been logging in regularly every 4 hours :shock:
    Thinking of skipping the rest of this grinder event :!:

Add me and I can give you a bunch of prospectors. matseym
  • Annathewicked
    4719 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    tyleerxo wrote:
    I'm 1500 away, so hopefully I make it in time.

What's annoying me is I have over 2000 hats available to trade in but close to nothing on the axes. And guess what ALL 3 of my trade ins ALWAYS are? Axes :evil: It's really irritating

I'd trade ya if I could - I have over 10,000 axes and 10 hats right now - fighting to make it to Wes - IDK if I'll get there in either town.............. :? :evil: :cry:
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    tyleerxo wrote:

What's annoying me is I have over 2000 hats available to trade in but close to nothing on the axes. And guess what ALL 3 of my trade ins ALWAYS are? Axes :evil: It's really irritating

Why do you keep generating hats if you need axes? Not trying to sound snarky - but are you aware that you control whats generated by starting a craze at the general store with either Homer (hats) or Apu (Axes)?

For the OP - There is no way you are logging in every four hours, visiting neighbors, dropping prospectors, turning in clues and that far behind. You have to be missing something.
  • cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Freemium, got him 3 days ago. It was no problem whatsoever.

The trick with the crafting (much like the monorail) is to craft when your quantities are good in all currencies. When you become deficient in one of them, the crafting options sway to that one, and you get stuck while you wait to earn more.
  • icacic0901
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I got him a couple of days ago and finished his quest line. Currently, I have 5960 pickaxes and 3756 hats.
  • Annathewicked
    4719 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    cdepast wrote:
    Why do you keep generating hats if you need axes? Not trying to sound snarky - but are you aware that you control whats generated by starting a craze at the general store with either Homer (hats) or Apu (Axes)?

:oops: actually No, I hadn't caught this crucial issue
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Got him yesterday, i play about 3x a day. I think only buying the largest of the 3 options, works.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited May 2016
    Premium with every thing this event has offered/uses and just got him this morning. Currently on the 8 hour build time. Can't assume everyone is freemium and has a little trouble. I got him being down to the wire as other players are. My issue is play time - I check twice a day as that is all I can do for the time being.
  • stephtog
    491 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No chance for me - I was away for the first few days and have been grinding but haven't managed to catch up :cry:
  • SatansHockey
    113 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I just finished, I had missed a day and a half so happy to finish this act.
  • gameover0330
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm freemium and I got it 3 days ago. I've been bored ever since. Got the monorail bonuts at the same time. Kinda just chillen til tomorrow.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    tyleerxo wrote:

I'd trade ya if I could - I have over 10,000 axes and 10 hats right now - fighting to make it to Wes - IDK if I'll get there in either town.............. :? :evil: :cry:

Sorry to hear that happened. I was thinking we were neighbors and went to drop some prospectors to you. Feel free to add me if you need some help.
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I need 3,00o or so more clues. Not gonna make it
  • TArmada23
    55 posts
    edited May 2016
    I'm a freemium player and I got him with about 5 1/2 days to spare (I own none of the premium characters to aid this event).
    Here's how I did it:
    got the update on the first day
    I logged in about 4 times per day
    only purchased daily clues using the largest trade ins
    only made hats
    always sent prospectors to other towns 2 times a day (3-5 per town, paying attention to who is high on the leaderboard)

with that plan I was able to:
    unlock Gummy Joe ASAP and get him earning materials quickly.
    unlock Krusty Burger ASAP to get it earning bandits quickly.

I lucked out this time and didn't make any wrong turns

This is basically how I accomplished it and with essentially the same time remaining in Act 1, though I don't think I sent out prospectors at the same rate. While I do have quite a few premium items and characters, I didn't have any of the premium characters that could be used to acquire supplies, nor did I purchase any buildings that generate bandits.
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Freemium in the middle of a move, so little time to grind, but made it. Hubby will not.
  • baxbooch
    214 posts
    edited May 2016
    I also moved and went on vacation so life has been crazy. Won't make it. Is he worth donuts? I may be able to get close enough to get him with my 155 donuts but I dunno if that's worth it.
  • ojbee
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I got it today. I deliberately did it slowly since all the posts pointed to reserving picks and hats for next acts. I have over 8000 picks and 4000 hats. I think I will wait until Act 3 to see if we can turn them into bonuts (cuz I have read that there is no bonuts in this act).
  • TribalChopper
    10 posts
    edited May 2016
    I got him this morning... waiting for the building to finish ... so yeah barely!
  • LastMinuteG
    71 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Got him two days ago, completely freemium player. Just had to make sure to always do the most expensive trade at the general store (it's better value for clues), and to split your characters to produce both types of materials at the same time (I made the Simpsons family do the hats, and everyone else do the pickaxes).
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm a freemium player and I got him with about 5 1/2 days to spare (I own none of the premium characters to aid this event).
    Here's how I did it:
    got the update on the first day
    I logged in about 4 times per day
    only purchased daily clues using the largest trade ins
    only made hats
    always sent prospectors to other towns 2 times a day (3-5 per town, paying attention to who is high on the leaderboard)

with that plan I was able to:
    unlock Gummy Joe ASAP and get him earning materials quickly.
    unlock Krusty Burger ASAP to get it earning bandits quickly.

I lucked out this time and didn't make any wrong turns

Pretty much exactly the same for me, except I did alternate between axes and hats depending on my amounts, and I have Lurleen (from a sale). Tried to keep 1000+ of each to ensure I'd be in good shape for next day's challenge. I think cashing in lots of high value trades helped a lot.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.