Replies

• ink19810
    616 posts
    edited May 2016
    I jumped to 60, 61,62,63 and then to 636
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Nobody should be surprised by the end coming (except the die-hards who push logic aside and replace with emotion). I still maintain this will be the last year this title is supported by EA. Why? Because the numbers don't lie, this title hasn't been making much money over the last half of year (even with all of the new content). I believe all of this new content was already developed and in the pipe so they're just throwing it in quick to see what they can make. Once depleted and the decision was made (in the past) I don't believe anything new has been or will be created. Just my $0.02. I realize this will inflame some, but we're all entitled to our own opinion. It's all about the numbers! EA is a business and if this isn't cutting it anymore, it will be removed. Simple.

The concept of "Levels" seems to have fallen away. In its place is a new business model. For six months now they've been testing the waters -- to see whether they still make money without new levels. They're making a veritable fortune by releasing non-stop special events, each with it's own batch of outrageously expensive premium "limited time" items, and the feeding frenzy has been obvious.

"Levels" are not profitable. People realize that the permanent, premium content can wait, and hold onto donuts they otherwise would feel pressured to spend. An infinite number of posts in this forum have advised people to "just wait. Don't spend your donuts on [fill in name of permanent premium item here] yet. The Christmas (or Halloween) (or Thanksgiving) event is right around the corner. WAit to see what that has. Those will be limited time items. [Fill in name of permanent premium item here] isn't going anywhere. Hold onto your donuts."

EA isn't stupid. They have a money-making business model now, and want us to stop wondering about new levels.

That's MY two cents, anyway.
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm afraid to level up now, it seems like the lockout glitch (see LPN's thread) seems to be hitting people who level up randomly. Is anyone else concerned about losing their town like this?
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited May 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    I'm afraid to level up now, it seems like the lockout glitch (see LPN's thread) seems to be hitting people who level up randomly. Is anyone else concerned about losing their town like this?

At this point, I don't even care what happens, EA obviously doesn't
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    anaquarind wrote:

Yep. After seeing LPN's thread ("I'm out"), I'm not doing any more leveling up. I'll hold off until he comes back with news that he's got his town back.

• brownhugh307
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Did the bloodmobile thing and quickly end up in the 900s with a donut per level.

At some point it switched to bonus boxes and I've been collecting the 3 at a time for over 20 minutes. Can't see my HUD so no idea how many bonuts I've racked up. Hope it actually sticks at some point.
  • HappyGamer73
    2389 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    There seems to be a problem at level 65, according to LPN's earlier post. I bought enough Rat Trap trucks to launch me well past that and didn't have a problem. Maybe it's just random luck, don't know. I'm now at level 939 and getting the usual bonut boxes every 40K XP. From what LPN said, his problem was that he couldn't control the level-ups - they just happened and kept happening and he ended up with enough donuts that it must have set off some sort of kill switch intended to prevent h*ing.
  • suetopia
    4219 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:

Yep. After seeing LPN's thread ("I'm out"), I'm not doing any more leveling up. I'll hold off until he comes back with news that he's got his town back.

Yes. I'm going to wait until there is news of a fix before even attempting the new quests that are non-event related. Although I have to admit - I'm reluctant to even open my town right now.
  • Big82S
    564 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This is why taking advantage of glitches on games like this are bad.

In console games it works out. But EA must have things in place so people can't cheat the system. Too bad it negates the fact that they forgot to most likely make it so people couldn't go past the current lvl by accident and not actually try to fast level Meaning it should have naturally looped and stayed on same level. Like before. Unless that nukeing and stuff of the map is what's causing ppl to level more?

Either way ea will most likely fix it. Hopefully soon.

Still lvl 60.
  • 1WngdAngel271
    43 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    anaquarind wrote:

Ditto. I'm not touching the game again until a patch and confirmation of the fix.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    :D We finally get Raphael. :thumbup:
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    OK, good to know I'm not the only one staying put until this is sorted out. On one hand this looks like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to convert cash into mass donuts... on the other hand one could lose their entire town permanently.

Stakes seem to high for me.
  • gco1020
    18 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So upset I forgot about the collider thing until I had already spent 1/2 my money (about 8 million spent). Could've had an extra 45 donuts or so.

Oh well - happy to take advantage. Got to Level 500+ so extra 450 donuts for about 18 million. Down to my last million or so.
  • Newcastlenia
    798 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    anaquarind wrote:

I'm all for using the XP collider, but there are way too many bugs out there right now for me to even contemplate it at the minute. I appreciate that people want to take advantage of the current issues, but do you know what? I'm happy where I am, and will continue to just play normally until this storm passes. My Collider will sit there collecting dust until I'm happy my gameplay won't get ruined from using it.

I genuinely feel for those of my neighbours that can't even get into their game at the minute. Fingers crossed for you guys.
  • jax16389
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    anaquarind wrote:

Ditto. I'm not touching the game again until a patch and confirmation of the fix.

Same thoughts here.....Leveled up to 60, but stopping there......I think I'll wait it out. :cry:
  • jukan00
    2312 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Can I just take a moment to say God bless this forum? Really y'all. For EVERYTHING you do, to EVERYONE who cares. God bless y'all
    Gon chill for a minute now so I don't get kicked out. This cost 5 donuts and 20 million btw.

PpZUxYw.png?1
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    anaquarind wrote:

I maxed out at Level 939 and then a MASSIVE amount of bonus donut boxes came up that took over 45 minutes to clear. I gained well over 1,000 sprinkles. Exited my town and had absolutely no trouble going back in and everything is working fine. Hope that's the case the others as well!
  • LawrenceCohen
    3800 posts
    edited May 2016
    I really don't understand what's happening.
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    88KEYS62 wrote:
    anaquarind wrote:

I maxed out at Level 939 and then a MASSIVE amount of bonus donut boxes came up that took over 45 minutes to clear. I gained well over 1,000 sprinkles. Exited my town and had absolutely no trouble going back in and everything is working fine. Hope that's the case the others as well!

Oh man... so tempting...
  • stinkbugger
    1956 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm completely confused at this point.

Got here late to the party - had to delete a bunch of stuff on my iPad to even get the update.

Is there a good summary of Best Practices?

I've started building the Googolplex. I guess the next step is to charge the XP Collider and wait or rush the building and then also do the ratmobile stuff?

What is likely to break everything?

For the time being though I'm heading outside to enjoy the wonderful outdoors.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!