EA Forums - Banner

So should we stop playing today to avoid lethal glitching?

124Next

Replies

• stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    LOL yeah it's all intentional. That's why they accused LPN of modding his game and said they would have to set it back to level 0. Because of intentional game play.

You're confusing the words of an EA customer support person (or whoever LPN communicated with) with the intentions of an EA developer. The support people often are confused and give out incorrect information. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

Who exactly accused him of modding his game? A higher up?

• notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Anyone with a brain knows his game is modded. Everyone knows this.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited May 2016
    note: there was never any comeuppance for the Monsarno Fight Club glitch

there have been several "glitches" like that, and none were punished.

That is true, however those may have been more difficult to pinpoint as to who took advantage of it and who didn't. With this, anyone that is over level 60, and let's be generous and say that even a few levels over 60 could have been done unwittingly. But anyone well over level 60, especially people at levels of 939, it will be obvious that they were taking advantage of the glitch. I imagine everyone will be reset back to level 60. Whether the ill gotten donuts will be taken away, that is something that everyone will have to wait and see.

But there is no glitch and the donuts are certainly not "ill gotten".

LOL yeah it's all intentional. That's why they accused LPN of modding his game and said they would have to set it back to level 0. Because of intentional game play. That's why those who exploited the gitch (I mean intentional game play) are all locked out of their games now and those of us who didn't can get into our games just fine. Because it was intentional. That's why they are working on a fix right not to fix the umm intentional game play. That totally makes sense, and your logic is flawless.

You can't credibly explain why level 97 had a dedicated quest at the googleplex.
  • starstrucsims
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No, actually if you read the Level 60 walkthrough thread, the levels are intentional. However, getting each of them for 40k xp can't be intentional which is probably what caused the game to break. Although I can't imagine I will ever level up to 939 the normal way. I would be dead by then. Is it a ploy to sell more XP collider time?
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    That's why those who exploited the gitch (I mean intentional game play) are all locked out of their games now and those of us who didn't can get into our games just fine. Because it was intentional. That's why they are working on a fix right not to fix the umm intentional game play. That totally makes sense, and your logic is flawless.

None of this is true. There are people who utilized the standard XP farming techniques like myself who can still play, and there are those who didn't who cannot play. The fix they are working on is to allow people to play their games who cannot. If it was simply that the XP level is too low, they could change that in 5 minutes.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    note: there was never any comeuppance for the Monsarno Fight Club glitch

there have been several "glitches" like that, and none were punished.

That is true, however those may have been more difficult to pinpoint as to who took advantage of it and who didn't. With this, anyone that is over level 60, and let's be generous and say that even a few levels over 60 could have been done unwittingly. But anyone well over level 60, especially people at levels of 939, it will be obvious that they were taking advantage of the glitch. I imagine everyone will be reset back to level 60. Whether the ill gotten donuts will be taken away, that is something that everyone will have to wait and see.

But there is no glitch and the donuts are certainly not "ill gotten".

LOL yeah it's all intentional. That's why they accused LPN of modding his game and said they would have to set it back to level 0. Because of intentional game play. That's why those who exploited the gitch (I mean intentional game play) are all locked out of their games now and those of us who didn't can get into our games just fine. Because it was intentional. That's why they are working on a fix right not to fix the umm intentional game play. That totally makes sense, and your logic is flawless.

I was once in a EA Support chat for a TSTO issue I was having...and had to explain what TSTO even was to the support agent. EA support is hardly a source to rely on.

You're also making big assumptions about what is being fixed. This is hardly the first time updates to the game have locked people out, requiring a fix of a bug to let them play again. But that doesn't mean they are going to change the perfectly legal game play too, as you assume. Additionally, there are people who have gotten locked out who didn't even level up rapidly - just by doings something as simple as rushing the movie theater build.
  • damienbasile
    41 posts
    edited May 2016
    I rushed the Googolplex (because I hate waiting for buildings to build) and then got the bug. I didn't read about the specifics of the bug until I got it, so the fact that some people are blaming people for cheating for getting the bug is ludicrous.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    My question to the people that got locked out, did you all rush the Googleplex? And was the XP collider on? That seems to be a common thread to a lot of posts and would seem to fit in with ephphoneapps theory that the lock out is a conflict between the server and players devices. The huge jump in xp throws the two out of whack.
  • Autobots1984
    85 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    My question to the people that got locked out, did you all rush the Googleplex? And was the XP collider on? That seems to be a common thread to a lot of posts and would seem to fit in with ephphoneapps theory that the lock out is a conflict between the server and players devices. The huge jump in xp throws the two out of whack.

yes, I did rush the Googleplex & still have my XP collider going for another 29 days.
  • skippy913
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I rushed the Googolplex (because I hate waiting for buildings to build) and then got the bug. I didn't read about the specifics of the bug until I got it, so the fact that some people are blaming people for cheating for getting the bug is ludicrous.

This is the same thing I do and do with any building. Why is that now a problem? I have zero problem buying donuts to speed the game along. As much as I love the game between work and family, I cannot spend hours waiting for things to happen. I don't even understand the 30,000 donut thing or whatever it is. I got to level 69 and I figured it was some kind of payback for having to wait months for level 60.
  • skippy913
    46 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    KillaSqirl wrote:

yes, I did rush the Googleplex & still have my XP collider going for another 29 days.

Yes and yes, my XP Collider has never been off.
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited May 2016
    I didn't chance it by leveling up to infinity level. I did get in on the fight club awhile back. Hearing about the glitch was tempting but I rather be playing my game.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So, why can't I get into my game if it's punishing people using the gameplay in some advantageous way? I can't reach either game- one was running the collider- it was before the update.... I didn't use it on purpose- and I was in the game where it wasn't running when I got locked.
    It's not an intentional lockout of people I don't think
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Deleted
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    That's why those who exploited the gitch (I mean intentional game play) are all locked out of their games now and those of us who didn't can get into our games just fine.

except for those who can get into their games just fine who leveled up the same as me, and except for those who didn't level up but are locked out, you're exactly right (which is to say, you're completely wrong).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!