EA Forums - Banner

No More Levels??

cool2006
755 posts Member
cool2006 wrote:
What do they mean by no more levels? is this the end? or is it just a story line?

what do you mean?

Replies

  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No more levels, no more characters (as stated within the in-game content) and giving tons of free donuts.....ummmm doesn't look promising.
    RIP Tapped Out 2017 - It's Over Folks!
  • Habby1113
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    how are they giving away tons of free donuts? i'm not getting any
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Habby1113 wrote:
    how are they giving away tons of free donuts? i'm not getting any

    me either. I got 2 for hitting level 60, but that was it.
  • Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This is simply a switch in how new content is released. Instead of a new level, that only some people have reached, content will continue to be released in events, both large and small. Levels the playing field for everyone and keeps new players interested. Not the end of the world some are spouting.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Willy9292 wrote:
    This is simply a switch in how new content is released. Instead of a new level, that only some people have reached, content will continue to be released in events, both large and small. Levels the playing field for everyone and keeps new players interested. Not the end of the world some are spouting.
    It states there will be no new characters also so not sure. Could be events with more skins & existing characters but dunno. All I do know is the revenue for this title fell off a cliff so dunno.
    RIP Tapped Out 2017 - It's Over Folks!
  • cool2006
    755 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    i really hope its not the end of the game :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Willy9292 wrote:
    This is simply a switch in how new content is released. Instead of a new level, that only some people have reached, content will continue to be released in events, both large and small. Levels the playing field for everyone and keeps new players interested. Not the end of the world some are spouting.
    It states there will be no new characters also so not sure. Could be events with more skins & existing characters but dunno. All I do know is the revenue for this title fell off a cliff so dunno.

    Where does it state that?
  • LagginPotato64
    212 posts New member
    edited May 2016
    Just based on the fact that you can pretty much get boatloads of donuts for free makes me think the end is near. I mean I got 3,000 donuts today with 35 million in game cash... it's not like EA to give away donuts like this. And there's no way they could've looked past the fact that the XP Collider + Rat Trap Delivery Trucks = DONUTS
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I dont think they overlooked the rat trap delivery truck since thats been there since day 1 when they released the collider. I think they screwed up on how much exp you need betwen levels. I was placing one rat trap delivery truck and getting 7 rounds of donut mystery boxes PER 1 TRUCK. Was pretty awesome lol

    EDIT: I think 40k between levels was suppose to be 400k or maybe even 4mill. Last time I cleared my town after assinging everyone on a 4 hour task i got 3 or 4 bonut boxes. That deff dont sound right even if they were trying to give them away
  • geekbyknight
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Willy9292 wrote:
    This is simply a switch in how new content is released. Instead of a new level, that only some people have reached, content will continue to be released in events, both large and small. Levels the playing field for everyone and keeps new players interested. Not the end of the world some are spouting.
    It states there will be no new characters also so not sure. Could be events with more skins & existing characters but dunno. All I do know is the revenue for this title fell off a cliff so dunno.

    It doesn't say no new characters, just no new characters with levels. We JUST got a bunch of New characters.
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No more levels, no more characters (as stated within the in-game content) and giving tons of free donuts.....ummmm doesn't look promising.

    When did it state no more characters?
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited May 2016
    Personally I think it'a good thing that there's no more level updates! They can now concentrate more on tie-ins, mini events and events! :mrgreen:
  • petehd14
    2768 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Hopefully some of these limited time characters and items become permanent like Maggie and Sideshow Bob.
  • rjohnson_8ball
    48 posts
    edited May 2016
    Is Lisa telling us something? When she warns us at the Saloon she holds a sign that says, "The End is Near!" (I have a snapshot but I don't know how to attach it here.)
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    From the current walkthrough ("Level 60 walkthrough")


    Card Handy Pt. 7

    <portion of the dialogue between Lisa, Homer, Quimby>

    Quimby: Whoa! The levels might be over, but the game isn't.
    Homer: Duh-wahhhh? What do you mean?
    Quimby: There will still be regular updates featuring new characters and buildings. But everyone will get to play them at once, no matter what level they've reached!


    EA sent up trial-balloons with occasional "early access" to items players would not otherwise be able to buy because they were on low levels. Apparently, EA discovered that was more profitable than barring the doors. They have a new decoration (Homerlayas) which will be upgrading as we play, and its highest upgrade is at "Milestone 742" ... when we get to "Milestone 100", the XP counter jumps to 500,000 XP ... and stays there for 839 ADDITIONAL "milestones".

    Unless a player has a HEAP of multipliers (e.g., is a hardcore premium player) it takes a significant amount of time to get that much XP ... So, do the math. 839 milestones at 500,000 XP needed for each milestone is EA telling us they ain't going no-place no-time soon.

    The game has never been more intense than it has been in the last 6 months. And people are spending money like crazy.
  • Autobots1984
    83 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    From the current walkthrough ("Level 60 walkthrough")


    Card Handy Pt. 7

    <portion of the dialogue between Lisa, Homer, Quimby>

    Quimby: Whoa! The levels might be over, but the game isn't.
    Homer: Duh-wahhhh? What do you mean?
    Quimby: There will still be regular updates featuring new characters and buildings. But everyone will get to play them at once, no matter what level they've reached!


    EA sent up trial-balloons with occasional "early access" to items players would not otherwise be able to buy because they were on low levels. Apparently, EA discovered that was more profitable than barring the doors. They have a new decoration (Homerlayas) which will be upgrading as we play, and its highest upgrade is at "Milestone 742" ... when we get to "Milestone 100", the XP counter jumps to 500,000 XP ... and stays there for 839 ADDITIONAL "milestones".

    Unless a player has a HEAP of multipliers (e.g., is a hardcore premium player) it takes a significant amount of time to get that much XP ... So, do the math. 839 milestones at 500,000 XP needed for each milestone is EA telling us they ain't going no-place no-time soon.

    The game has never been more intense than it has been in the last 6 months. And people are spending money like crazy.

    Glad to hear that.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Anyone with $150mm+ in cash who spends 1 day for the collider can reach the max level by buying and selling bloodmobiles. By doing this the player can easily obtain close to 900 donuts. Then, you can continue the process to obtain more. EA would not be handing out this many donuts unless the game was winding down. Doesn't make financial sense.
    RIP Tapped Out 2017 - It's Over Folks!
  • Autobots1984
    83 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    From the current walkthrough ("Level 60 walkthrough")


    Card Handy Pt. 7

    <portion of the dialogue between Lisa, Homer, Quimby>

    Quimby: Whoa! The levels might be over, but the game isn't.
    Homer: Duh-wahhhh? What do you mean?
    Quimby: There will still be regular updates featuring new characters and buildings. But everyone will get to play them at once, no matter what level they've reached!


    EA sent up trial-balloons with occasional "early access" to items players would not otherwise be able to buy because they were on low levels. Apparently, EA discovered that was more profitable than barring the doors. They have a new decoration (Homerlayas) which will be upgrading as we play, and its highest upgrade is at "Milestone 742" ... when we get to "Milestone 100", the XP counter jumps to 500,000 XP ... and stays there for 839 ADDITIONAL "milestones".

    Unless a player has a HEAP of multipliers (e.g., is a hardcore premium player) it takes a significant amount of time to get that much XP ... So, do the math. 839 milestones at 500,000 XP needed for each milestone is EA telling us they ain't going no-place no-time soon.

    The game has never been more intense than it has been in the last 6 months. And people are spending money like crazy.

    Which would possibly mean that we "could" get all 27 season episodes of characters & buildings. Even a possibility of celebrity guest stars as well (*fingers cross*). Also means we could finally get Sara Wiggum soon.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!