EA Forums - Banner

Ybitty Ybibbity Bibbity That's All Folks!

Replies

• notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    Doom and gloom much guys? I think continuing with levels would have spelled an end far more than the direction they opted for.

Let's face it, they have run out of classic characters to introduce as main characters and it was time to retire that. Introducing characters like Gina proved that.

BUT they still have a ton of characters that you can still get excited about when offered as limited time as part of events. Would a single nerd be a good level character? No. Can you build a college themed event and introduce all three of the nerds at that time? Yes, and that would be pretty cool.

There's still a slew of characters left that would work great in an event. The bar flies from Moe's tavern, some left over plant workers, background characters from the Krusty show, 4 or 5 kids that were around in the early years of the Simpsons that could be introduced in a school themed event and so on.

I'd much rather get 3 or 4 second stringers at a time in an event than more 'really, them?' as leveled characters. They needed to change how we played the game and I think they're really going in the right direction.
    You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with available content at all. It has to do with EA now giving away massive amounts of FREE donuts. Would a business do this if it was planning to continue the business for long? Of course not! 1,000+ free donuts allows you to never pay again. Game over.

Nah, you're the one missing the point, no offense.

One - they give us roughly 1000 free donuts a year as it is. The monorail alone nets you 260 a year alone, far less than you get from staying up with 'where's Maggie'. Those are just two of the many ways to get free donuts.

Two - it was never intended for us to rack up 1000+ donuts in a single day. The new system is most likely intended to last at least a year or so to reach levels that high and get those first 800 and some odd initial bonuts. The XP for the additional levels was set too low when it rolled out and people took advantage of it. Plus I don't think EA took into account how many long time players were sitting on a half a billions worth of in game cash. The ones who got 1000+ bonuts were a minority, pretty sure most of us didn't get nearly that many.

Three - dude, seriously, do you even play this game? 1000 donuts is a drop in the bucket. I've bought easily 4000 donuts, EASILY, and I'm no where close to having everything. There's at least 10 premium characters I'm missing and I haven't picked up any of the buildings that only come with skins. I could drop an additional 100 dollars and STILL not get everything.

And that doesn't even touch the fact that they roll out at least 500 donuts worth of new material for each and every event. Even the mini events manage to have about 200 donuts worth of new material. This is not a cheap game to make, and it sure as hell isn't a cheap game to play. Giving us even 2000 or 3000 free donuts is NOT going to hurt the money they make. Considering the amount of money some people have spent on this game, I'd say a few thousand donuts is just a really nice thank you for supporting them.
    I respect your points and not here to debate (losing proposition w/ die hard forum go'ers). Again, to reiterate, you can still get to the last lvl in a day even after both patches. Also, again, it doesn't stop there - you can keep going and build up many thousands of free delicious donuts. This is not a normal business practice for a company who wants to remain in business (common sense). I guess I'm speaking to non-business minded people which is fine. I've stated my opinion and that's all it is - my opinion. Only time will tell. Happy tapping!
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Actually, if you really are to look at it solely from a business perspective and have a business background it should be blatantly obvious that EA has restructured the business model in regards to this game. They have gotten rid of the old level update structure (which in terms of purchases/profits may have slowed down in regards to the purchases long term premium players make) and have opted for a limited time event structure (both mini events and major events) which adds urgency for all the current players, long term and new, to purchase premium currency - thus adding to the profit margin of the game.

I should add - If they intended to end the game anytime soon they likely wouldn't have bothered with the restructuring (because that actually involves researching as to whether or not it would work, rebranding (in a sense) and a whole new marketing forecast projection (among other things). So really - it's common sense that they wouldn't have bothered restructuring the game if they intended to end it any time soon.
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The Sky is Falling.....................!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The Sky is Falling.....................!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    They shut down the scrabble forum? Oh the horror!! :shock:

What we need is a benevolent, ex-GQ "CEO" model with a wallet jam-packed with credit cards to hug us and tell us everything is going to be all right.

v6ho49.jpg

And not just *any* credit card. An American Express *Centurion* card. And hopefully not just a cardboard one this time, either. Excuse me, now. Gotta go jump in my Lambo and head on up to Malibu.

• suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    moxxee wrote:

What we need is a benevolent, ex-GQ "CEO" model with a wallet jam-packed with credit cards to hug us and tell us everything is going to be all right.

v6ho49.jpg

And not just *any* credit card. An American Express *Centurion* card. And hopefully not just a cardboard one this time, either. Excuse me, now. Gotta go jump in my Lambo and head on up to Malibu.

:wink:

:lol:
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They shut down a lot of games last year because it was too expensive to get them compatible with ios9 (which was what, only 7 months ago?). This one is still around because they did pay the expense.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    suetopia wrote:
    Actually, if you really are to look at it solely from a business perspective and have a business background it should be blatantly obvious that EA has restructured the business model in regards to this game. They have gotten rid of the old level update structure (which in terms of purchases/profits may have slowed down in regards to the purchases long term premium players make) and have opted for a limited time event structure (both mini events and major events) which adds urgency for all the current players, long term and new, to purchase premium currency - thus adding to the profit margin of the game.

I should add - If they intended to end the game anytime soon they likely wouldn't have bothered with the restructuring (because that actually involves researching as to whether or not it would work, rebranding (in a sense) and a whole new marketing forecast projection (among other things). So really - it's common sense that they wouldn't have bothered restructuring the game if they intended to end it any time soon.
    None of this makes any sense. None of this is a restructuring - period. No level updates for six months now 1 level released. All other levels have repetitive (old) banners only further demonstrating no programming time was put into this. Adding a code to increase a number based on a trigger (xp value) is not a restructuring (especially when the last lvl released was six months ago).

To purchase premium currency? Again missing the fundamental point - the ability to now earn thousands of free donuts eliminates the need to purchase. Again, this model suggests they are going after new players until the game ends as new players don't have the cash and/or bonus % in order to rapidly progress through the levels. Rebranding? There is no rebranding. Huh?

Don't quit your day job.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    I concur, it's not over.

John

I concur with John, we have a long way to go. Baby.

-Mox
    There can only be one response to this!!!

Taco!!! :mrgreen:
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    suetopia wrote:

None of this makes any sense. None of this is a restructuring - period. No level updates for six months now 1 level released. All other levels have repetitive (old) banners only further demonstrating no programming time was put into this. Adding a code to increase a number based on a trigger (xp value) is not a restructuring (especially when the last lvl released was six months ago).

To purchase premium currency? Again missing the fundamental point - the ability to now earn thousands of free donuts eliminates the need to purchase. Again, this model suggests they are going after new players until the game ends as new players don't have the cash and/or bonus % in order to rapidly progress through the levels. Rebranding? There is no rebranding. Huh?

Don't quit your day job.

Actually - I said rebranding in a sense. In restructuring the design of their product (in this case the method of the way they are releasing content) it does fit the definition of a rebrand - again in a sense. They have rethought the design of the product.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    moxxee wrote:

v6ho49.jpg
    I have only two responses to this!!

Taco Taco 8) :mrgreen:
  • Timdametsfan
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It's not over til Selma and patty become pretty
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    Doom and gloom much guys?

Always... No? :twisted:
    You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with available content at all. It has to do with EA now giving away massive amounts of FREE donuts. Would a business do this if it was planning to continue the business for long? Of course not!
    System Message: As any good drug pusher will tell you, the first ones are always free.*

* Revised Mystery Box (slightly edited)
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • johncolombo
    11594 posts Senior Moderator
    edited May 2016
    keanu2.gif
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I respect your points and not here to debate (losing proposition w/ die hard forum go'ers). Again, to reiterate, you can still get to the last lvl in a day even after both patches. Also, again, it doesn't stop there - you can keep going and build up many thousands of free delicious donuts. This is not a normal business practice for a company who wants to remain in business (common sense). I guess I'm speaking to non-business minded people which is fine. I've stated my opinion and that's all it is - my opinion. Only time will tell. Happy tapping!

And I reiterate

No.
    You.
    Can't.

I have a 250% base modifier plus EVERYTHING in the heights that gives an XP modifier (plus like 10 extra from a glitch that briefly allowed us to make more heights buildings than we were supposed to) which puts my total XP mod around 500%.

Even with that I'll only be going up 2-3 levels a day max. I figure if I save up my money for a week or two then invest in the XP collider, I might be able to push those numbers up to 10-15 - which isn't a drop in the bucket to go from my present level of 134 to the 700 and some odd levels I'll need to finish the new mountain. It's probably going to take me months to get to that point, best case scenario.

The people who got up that fast were sitting on 100 million plus because they've played for so long. They were a minority. Even if I'd remembered to use the XP collider, the 8 million I had at the time of the glitch would have only put me into the 500s and still no where close to the big cap.

And once again, even if I'd managed to get all the bonuts you're afraid of, I STILL wouldn't have had enough to buy everything forever for free. Not even close.

Your failure to understand what's going on doesn't make your fears any more real. Nobody is going to get unlimited free bonuts and even if they are, they won't be getting them at a rate faster than tapped out releases new, limited buildings/characters and skins.

No offense but learn to math.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:

And I reiterate

No.
    You.
    Can't.

I have a 250% base modifier plus EVERYTHING in the heights that gives an XP modifier (plus like 10 extra from a glitch that briefly allowed us to make more heights buildings than we were supposed to) which puts my total XP mod around 500%.

Even with that I'll only be going up 2-3 levels a day max. I figure if I save up my money for a week or two then invest in the XP collider, I might be able to push those numbers up to 10-15 - which isn't a drop in the bucket to go from my present level of 134 to the 700 and some odd levels I'll need to finish the new mountain. It's probably going to take me months to get to that point, best case scenario.

The people who got up that fast were sitting on 100 million plus because they've played for so long. They were a minority. Even if I'd remembered to use the XP collider, the 8 million I had at the time of the glitch would have only put me into the 500s and still no where close to the big cap.

And once again, even if I'd managed to get all the bonuts you're afraid of, I STILL wouldn't have had enough to buy everything forever for free. Not even close.

Your failure to understand what's going on doesn't make your fears any more real. Nobody is going to get unlimited free bonuts and even if they are, they won't be getting them at a rate faster than tapped out releases new, limited buildings/characters and skins.

No offense but learn to math.

My math is dead on, and you are dead wrong. Please reread what was previously written (this time slower so you understand the simple logic presented). See below.

Rewrite: There is no doubt the game is now winding down. EA is a business trying to make money so the mere fact they have now made it possible for anyone with $150mm in cash, 1-day purchase of the Collider, to now earn close to 900 FREE donuts suggests the end is near. Not to mention after reaching lvl 939 you can continue to earn donuts only furthers this assumption. I really enjoy this game but the facts speak for themselves. I only hope we are able to continue playing without periodic updates when EA does in fact STOP all new content. It is clear the only money now generated from this point forward will be from new players.

I'm done debating this with you. This will not work for you because you don't have the necessary cash or Collider activated. However, for long term players, this is a cake walk and for many up 1,500-3,000 donuts.

Take care now - later.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    keanu2.gif

*nods & smiles @ EA & JC*
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • justabar69
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I agree the game MUST be winding down. I have (well, HAD anyway) well over a billion dollars saved up. I have a 579.35% multiplier and the SH bonus on top of that. With all the characters and buildings I have to collect from, I clear WAY over a million bucks everyday. With the collider bonus on top of that, I can basically convert my billion dollars into donuts, which is what I am doing now. Making rat trap trucks and selling them back. If they leave it like this, I WILL NEVER HAVE TO BUY DONUTS AGAIN. EVER
    No need to hunt for Maggie, no need to work on the monorail, I can just spend the rest of my Springfield life converting money to donuts. I spent about 75 million today, got somewhere around 1,000 donuts, and I quit cuz I just got sick of it. Go again tomorrow. And that's with the patch, flipping the xp at 1,000,000.

The doomsday clock has begun.
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    justabar69 wrote:
    I agree the game MUST be winding down. I have (well, HAD anyway) well over a billion dollars saved up. I have a 579.35% multiplier and the SH bonus on top of that. With all the characters and buildings I have to collect from, I clear WAY over a million bucks everyday. With the collider bonus on top of that, I can basically convert my billion dollars into donuts, which is what I am doing now. Making rat trap trucks and selling them back. If they leave it like this, I WILL NEVER HAVE TO BUY DONUTS AGAIN. EVER
    No need to hunt for Maggie, no need to work on the monorail, I can just spend the rest of my Springfield life converting money to donuts. I spent about 75 million today, got somewhere around 1,000 donuts, and I quit cuz I just got sick of it. Go again tomorrow. And that's with the patch, flipping the xp at 1,000,000.

The doomsday clock has begun.

You and many others now have a FREE full premium game. Congratulations - you beat the game - literally. That's what my point has been. They ended the game by allowing cash to now acquire endless amounts of donuts. So now, there is an end and this is it. All new players can now strive to accomplish this - having a free premium game. Clock ticking.
  • ZennGlenn
    1781 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Screenshot_2016-05-18-21-45-33-1_zpsavp6gw9t.png

...the 'pitiful' billionaires are likely far & few between :twisted:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.