EA Forums - Banner

I missed Gil, and now he's gone!

2Next

Replies

• Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Anna, do you remember what year/ event?

I was able to search it successfully - Amazingly search sucks - It was The Homer - 3/11/15

Agreed Starman - Ridiculous. I have never felt the watched game discussion unless we say Glitch a bunch. :lol: But they do monitor the Issues forum. So we can report there. I did attach this discussion, the others on the update that reference Gill missing in my last talk - as well as the thread on the last one when it WAS FIXED for us, to prove this has happened before and resolved.

The last advisor assures they ARE working on it. which leaves the question who's lying to get me to leave them alone?.......
    So again, please report if this IS an issue for you - it may mean the difference in it being fixed before or after the sale times out......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Have you all tried to completely uninstall the app, clear device cache/power off/on, reinstall and let it finish downloading before signing in. This should reinstall the limited time deal as it's within the time allotted to purchase per the coding and shouldn't depend on game progression. Just a thought. Good luck.
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Have you all tried to completely uninstall the app, clear device cache/power off/on, reinstall and let it finish downloading before signing in. This should reinstall the limited time deal as it's within the time allotted to purchase per the coding and shouldn't depend on game progression. Just a thought. Good luck.

Reinstalled 4 times in the last 2 days........... no go for me
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Have you tried rotating to another device and clicking play now etc? Sometimes this resets the process (ability to obtain multiples etc) which might bring the offer back.
  • justabar69
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have 3 devices on 2 platforms, uninstall, reinstall, bupkis
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I just went onto live chat and the advisor said it is a known issue that's being investigated. I asked if it would definitely return for purchase, and he said yes. So I guess I will just wait and see.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Contacted them as well about the Gil deal. Strange they don't seem inclined to restore the deal. How hard can that possibly be?

Got the usual, " I have reported it to the Expert Team and they are working on it and will resolve very soon and you will enjoy your game."

LOL

I'd enjoy a boatload of donuts!
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Copying and pasting this from a thread in the Bugs and Issues part of the forum:
    suetopia wrote:

...Or if you can get to the ME TOO FORUM start a thread there, then come back and post a link here so others with the same issue can just click on it to go there and check me too and post if they want. That forum is monitored by an EA employee. I would think that they would want to fix asap because it's a premium purchase. Good luck guys, sorry you're having this problem.

Here is a link to a thread on the EA Answer HQ forum where several people have reported the issue (this is the forum that IckabodShrek has referred to above - I quoted a part of what she said in order to credit her with suggesting it - it's a really good idea):

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Gil-s-deal-for-Duff-Garden-missing/m-p/5351046#U5351046

The "Me too" button can be found in the first post of that thread. If you decide to add a comment to the thread, also remember to click the "Me too" button as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.