EA Forums - Banner

To Collide or not to Collide, that is the question...

Prev13
wadebear
3891 posts Member
wadebear wrote:
So I started building the Googleplex and was going to charge up the XP Collider today, but then last night I started thinking...

The reason for doing that in the past was to quickly boost up XP and get bonus donuts when the XP bar filled. But in this case as soon as the XP bar fills I'll be going to the next "level" and getting 1 donut (if I've read all these posts right). And then the XP requirement drops to almost nothing (40,000? I can do that in a day or less with my house farm and multiplier.)

There won't really be any "Bonus" donuts until I've reached level 939. Wouldn't it be smarter to wait until I hit 938 to charge up the Collider? It's not like I'm in a huge hurry. And I actually LIKE reading the funny stuff.

Then there's the issue of my third game. No house farm. Piddling multiplier of 17.5%. No cash reserve to buy Rat Trap Trucks or Bloodmobiles...

By the way: which IS the best bang for the buck? Rat Traps or Bloodmobiles?

Opinions? Flames? Declarations that the game is over anyway so who cares?

The stone walls are the best but that is a whole lot of tapping. I think the rat traps and blood mobiles are about the same but I've only verified stone walls to blood mobiles.

The advantage I see of using the collider now is that you can net a lot of donuts now as opposed to gradually earning them durning normal gameplay.

Replies

• Psdance
    150 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    wadebear wrote:
    So I started building the Googleplex and was going to charge up the XP Collider today, but then last night I started thinking...

The reason for doing that in the past was to quickly boost up XP and get bonus donuts when the XP bar filled. But in this case as soon as the XP bar fills I'll be going to the next "level" and getting 1 donut (if I've read all these posts right). And then the XP requirement drops to almost nothing (40,000? I can do that in a day or less with my house farm and multiplier.)

There won't really be any "Bonus" donuts until I've reached level 939. Wouldn't it be smarter to wait until I hit 938 to charge up the Collider? It's not like I'm in a huge hurry. And I actually LIKE reading the funny stuff.

Then there's the issue of my third game. No house farm. Piddling multiplier of 17.5%. No cash reserve to buy Rat Trap Trucks or Bloodmobiles...

The best bang for the buck is still the Weather Stations, then the Rat Traps and close behind the Bloodmobiles.

Your logic is sound, but you are assuming that there will be no updates to the XP level up requirements. This is/was my concern and that is why I spent the donuts for the XP collider. I want my donuts and I want them now. Sure I could put it off, but there is also my time as well. I went all out and bought 10 days worth. I figure with all the extra donuts I am going to get I'm still ahead! So far I am and I have still a lot of money to burn through.

I'm using the Rat Traps as it is easier to place and resell back, even though based on my calculation the weather station is the better value. Just too many to place and clear.

EA is getting those donuts back, but I'm wondering if characters are going to become inflated?
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The best ones are the Training Dummies and the Lady Justice Statues. I think the Prison Bus gives the same xp per dollar as the bloodmobiles, but obviously gives a much bigger punch.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Now that there is some stability with levels 61-939, someone needs to put together a calculator online. A user would be able to input their multiplier, their total cash, etc. and then see different scenarios for if they, say, buy 24 hours of Collider and 100 rat trap trucks. I know this wouldn't account for XP via their buildings, etc. but it would give a general idea.
  • Bueraner04
    98 posts
    edited May 2016
    I went for the rat traps, since it is the biggest cash sink for a reasonable/standard $/XP ratio.

I went for four lines of 33 Rat Traps.
    The advantage: You can bulk sale 44 Rat Traps at once easily. So for all 132 Rat Traps I just had to make 3 sell actions.

• justabar69
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I calculated the amount of xp return with both the rat traps and blood mobile, and divided that with money spent, and they were the same. others may provide better, I guess, I didn't do any others. but these will give you the most return for your time and effort. get the collider multiplier. considering how many donuts you will get in return, it's certainly worth saving you the time considering how many thousands of taps you are about to embark upon. 7 days, for 20 donuts? makes it so much quicker, it's a no brainer.

get the collider bonus and cut ur tapping down by 80%
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    wadebear wrote:

One of the forum posters actually did the math, and compared Rat Trap trucks to bloodmobiles, and the result was almost identical. The difference was so small that it was meaningless.
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    wadebear wrote:

Wadebear, you are aware that the XP requirement of 40,000 XP is only for levels 61-100 ... Right? Because after that, it is 500,000 for levels 100-939.

All of those are one-donut level ups. After you clear level 939, the "bonus" levels (aka "3 donuts" ) begin ... At 1 million XP per level.

Some poor underpaid slob at EA had programmed 40,000 as the requirement all the way through the roof. So for a short time yesterday, we spent our time blasting through hundreds of levels and bonus rounds and some folks ended up with upwards of 6,000 donuts. It was a short-lived money party. The Glitch Of Glitches. I like to think he did it on purpose, as his Last Act as an EA employee before quitting his job. My hero. :)

Then they sent a patch to fix it. :(
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've never understood why people still do bloodmobiles. There's no reason to still use bloodmobiles! The ratio is the same for Rat Trap Trucks, but since bloodmobiles cost less, you end up spending more of your time doing it!

(sorry, personal pet peeve of mine)
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm going to drop this here.
    Mopurglar wrote:
    Some time ago, I tested it for all the decos and came up with the ratios corrected for multiplier in excel. I just checked and added some newer items. All the ratios seem to be pretty much the same, including the Bloodmobile. You may get slightly different numbers when you attempt to correct for your multiplier, but the individual ratios relative to each other will stay the same.

The best items are:
    Name                    Cost    Cost / XP
    Lady Justice Statue     4500    8.997
    Minnow Pond             4500    8.997
    Training Dummy          4500    8.997
    Volleyball Net          4500    8.997
    Weather Station         9500    9.499
    Chalmer's 1979 _ONDA    9800    9.799

Thus, the best to use are the Lady Justice Statue and Training Dummy due to their size.

After the Bloodmobile was released, I lost patience for using <10k items to level up. For items that are really expensive and easier to buy/sell, the best ones are:
    Name                    Cost    Cost / XP
    Rat Trap Delivery Truck 150000  10.000
    Bloodmobile             132000  10.000
    Tiki Bar                95000   10.000

I've never tested the Zirconia because it's unique and I'm afraid to lose it if I sell it.
  • justabar69
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Has anyone examined the cost vs. sell back ratio?
    I wonder if that makes any difference.
    i'd do it, but ... um, religion or something

• suznstl635
    95 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    wadebear wrote:

One of the forum posters actually did the math, and compared Rat Trap trucks to bloodmobiles, and the result was almost identical. The difference was so small that it was meaningless.

I did some calculating too. With the XP collider and a big multiplier(thanks tennis court glitch), I tested the rat truck and the bloodmobile. The rat truck gave me 8 levels per 10 trucks. The bloodmobile gave me between 7-8 level ups per 10 blood mobiles bought. I went from levels 60 to 419 since I got back into the game. I've racked up so many donuts that I was able to get Maggie's western skin, the feed store and Duff Gardens. I was going to pass on the Duff deal, but what the heck, it was Free. :D
  • dustandair
    91 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    These are the factors to consider when deciding the timing of buying a 24-hour collider charge:

Reasons to not wait:
      [li]Level thresholds: You expect the xp thresholds for levels you haven't reached yet to go up in the future.[/li] [li]Cash and time: You have a large amount of cash on hand and enough time to convert a sufficiently large amount to xp (sufficiently large means enough to earn much more than 5 donuts; I would say at least 100 donuts).[/li] [li]Various limited-time factors: There's a limited-time item or deal you want but you don't have enough donuts to buy it; or there's a limited-time item that gives a better return than rat trap trucks; or there's a sale on collider charges; etc. If you're about to get a large amount of xp from an unusual event (like completing a large building), that always helps, but it's a much lower priority than the other factors.[/li]

Reasons to wait:
      [li]Level thresholds: You expect the xp thresholds for levels you haven't reached yet to go down in the future. Based on the new model they've implemented where the thresholds no longer go down with level releases (and the fact that they already increased the scale on the new model once), you can probably have high confidence that this will never happen.[/li] [li]Cash and time: You don't have enough cash on hand and/or enough time to convert it to get a good return during the 24 hours the charge lasts.[/li] [li]Bonus percentage: Your current bonus percentage is too low to make it mathematically possible to earn more than 5 donuts worth of xp, or you have specific expectations that your bonus percentage will increase significantly. A higher percentage will provide a better return.[/li] [li]Need for donuts: You don't plan on spending any donuts right now, so it doesn't matter to you whether you get them now or later.[/li] [li]Various limited-time factors: You have reason to expect any of the various limited-time factors to occur at a later date that's worth waiting for. For example, you know a character will be released in the next act of an event, so you save up a little more cash while waiting a week or two for it to come out.[/li]

The reason your current level isn't a factor is because in the long run, if the listed factors don't change, then the total xp you will have gained will be the same regardless of where you position the gain from the collider charge within that long run. If you'll get, for example, 50 million xp from a charge, whether you get that 50 million today or a month from now won't change the total xp you'll have earned (and level you'll be, and donuts you'll have gotten from getting there) three or six or twelve months from now.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The advantage I see of using the collider now is that you can net a lot of donuts now as opposed to gradually earning them durning normal gameplay.
    I think the advantage is literally earning 5x as much as you could otherwise. Just think about it.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    I think the advantage is literally earning 5x as much as you could otherwise. Just think about it.

Aren't you just earning them faster? You're not magically earning 5x as many donuts simply by using the Collider.

• jamesj9371
    101 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Aren't you just earning them faster? You're not magically earning 5x as many donuts simply by using the Collider.

There are only two costs to using the xp collider
    1. The donuts to turn it on.
    2. The increase in xp/level as you level up.

Cost 2 goes away after level 939. Then you are magically earning 5x as many donuts (minus cost 1).
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    jamesj9371 wrote:

There are only two costs to using the xp collider
    1. The donuts to turn it on.
    2. The increase in xp/level as you level up.

Cost 2 goes away after level 939. Then you are magically earning 5x as many donuts (minus cost 1).

Sorry, I'm dense and still not getting it. It seems like you are just approaching infinity at a faster rate with the Collider. What mechanism, apart from the element of time, is giving you 5x as many donuts?
  • wadebear
    3891 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    Wadebear, you are aware that the XP requirement of 40,000 XP is only for levels 61-100 ... Right? Because after that, it is 500,000 for levels 100-939.

All of those are one-donut level ups. After you clear level 939, the "bonus" levels (aka "3 donuts" ) begin ... At 1 million XP per level.
    No, I missed that. Too many posts with people saying different things to keep track of all the numbers.

By the time I'd learned what I could about level 60 and posted in my Google Group for new events the bug reports had started rolling in - particularly LPN's. I wasn't about to start anything with the risk of losing my town.

The thing is, my B Game still hasn't recovered from the last time I used the Collider so I could afford the Yellow Submersible. And then I bought both the Fortress of Choclitude and Krustyburger Oil Rig thinking nothing new would be coming up until at least after the Wild West ended.

It still makes more sense to me to wait until I hit 939 before I charge up the Collider. I'll get the same number of donuts from the intermediate levels whether I smash through them at high speed or not, but I'd be using up my cash reserves to get to the point where I'd actually get the bonus donuts. I'm already over halfway to level 61 and I haven't even collected the XP from finalizing the build on the Googleplex.
  • Newcastlenia
    798 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    See I'm torn with whether to collide or not. I'm still amazed at how low the bar is to level up and I think that's my issue here. There is nothing to stop them going in and pushing up the XP amount you need to level up by at any moment, it just feels too easy at the minute. I don't know if my view is slanted on that though. I've been a freemium player over 3 years, my multiplier without SH is 310% and I have a ton of in game cash I could burn if I wanted to.

Where is the fun in that though? Torn, torn, torn!
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have read these xp farming threads before, and they are always confusing.

Part of me would love some free donuts. I'd love to be able to add whatever new feature i wanted. I'd also like to add some basic features, like just a few police cars.

But I'm afraid to touch that collider thing. I don't want to lose my donuts and i don't want my game to freeze up.

Besides, I'm at the feature limit anyway, so how much can i really add?

Game might be starting to lose its appeal, thanks to this dumb feature limit.

=(
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited May 2016
    I finally decided to buy some rat trap trucks. I did not use the XP mulitplier but I did pull all my SH buildings from my inventory. After about 5 trucks, I went from level 60 to 66. That was too easy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!