EA Forums - Banner

Duff Garden

Prev1
It seems to have disappeared, normally I can go back into my store to buy these things at a later stage but it won't let me and I'm not the only one :(

Mands xxx

Same here :(. And I was all set to buy my first Gil 'deal'.

Replies

• mandiepaxton
    256 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    00becker wrote:
    It seems to have disappeared, normally I can go back into my store to buy these things at a later stage but it won't let me and I'm not the only one :(

Mands xxx

Same here :(. And I was all set to buy my first Gil 'deal'.

:(:(:(

Maybe it's to do with all the teething problems that started tonight?

Hopefully it will come back when the patch is done.

Mands xxx
  • humytalkn2
    3 posts
    edited May 2016
    The Gil deal has disappeared in my town too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the EA gods fix it soon.
  • Ajbike295810
    37 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have the same issue
  • jonny13171
    1 posts
    edited May 2016
    I am having the same issue. I logged in. Saw the offer for Duff Gardens. I clicked to get more donuts and then it just disappeared.
    Yet my wife and daughter did the same thing and Gill showed up in the Store after they bought their donuts. They both were able to purchase Duff Gardens without a problem.

Fix this bug please!
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Did this straighten out for you guys with today's fix? If not EA chat, missing content.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • mandiepaxton
    256 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Did this straighten out for you guys with today's fix? If not EA chat, missing content.

No :( I thought the patch would have solved the issue but sadly no :(

I've looked again this morning and still not there :(

Mands xxx
  • Volardelis1
    4 posts
    edited May 2016
    I said no to gil's offer cause I needed to make room for the gardens. Next thing I know, he disappeared. Even though it said he was going to stick around for a week.

Come on EA, fix this bug. I don't care if you make up the 'its a promotion' excuse. It hasn't been a week, so the promotion is still ongoing. FIX THIS!
  • mandiepaxton
    256 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I said no to gil's offer cause I needed to make room for the gardens. Next thing I know, he disappeared. Even though it said he was going to stick around for a week.

Come on EA, fix this bug. I don't care if you make up the 'its a promotion' excuse. It hasn't been a week, so the promotion is still ongoing. FIX THIS!

CONTACTED EA

Absolutely useless!!!!!!!! No help whatsoever, told me to log in on another device, which I haven't got, so told me to try and re-start my phone. Didn't work :evil:

Absolutely cheesed off - maybe more people need to contact EA

Mands xxx
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I saw the Duff Gardens deal yesterday morning when I'd just woken up. I had to get ready for work, so I didn't have time to think about the deal, get more donuts, buy the Gardens, read the dialogue etc. I thought I'd leave it until the evening, but when I got home from work, I went to have another look and could find no trace. For a little while, I seriously thought that I had dreamt it.
    I would imagine that a bug that stops people spending money would be a high priority for EA to fix, so I assume it will be sorted out soon.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited May 2016

CONTACTED EA

Absolutely useless!!!!!!!! No help whatsoever, told me to log in on another device, which I haven't got, so told me to try and re-start my phone. Didn't work :evil:

Absolutely cheesed off - maybe more people need to contact EA

Mands xxx

Just keep contacting them until you get in touch with someone who actually understands the problem. Or if you can get to the ME TOO FORUM start a thread there, then come back and post a link here so others with the same issue can just click on it to go there and check me too and post if they want. That forum is monitored by an EA employee. I would think that they would want to fix asap because it's a premium purchase. Good luck guys, sorry you're having this problem.
  • melodyleonie
    3 posts
    edited May 2016
    I have the same problem. I wanted to know a little more about the Duff Garden before purchasing it but now the Gil Deal has disappeared. Hoping for a patch soon!
  • kevazingo
    12 posts
    edited May 2016
    Me too: ready to buy and it's gone :cry:
    Help please :D
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    This topic is currently being discussed on a thread over in Game Discussion if you want to add comments there too.
  • edited May 2016
    I contacted EA yesterday about Duff Garden, as with everyone else it vanished. I was told that because it is a promo, there was nothing they could do? So I guess there will be no Duff Gardens for me :( Yes I went to there support, spoke to three people in there chat, all said same Gil's Deal is a Promo, if it is gone they can't do anything.... Oh well......
  • Volardelis1
    4 posts
    edited May 2016
    I contacted EA yesterday about Duff Garden, as with everyone else it vanished. I was told that because it is a promo, there was nothing they could do? So I guess there will be no Duff Gardens for me :( Yes I went to there support, spoke to three people in there chat, all said same Gil's Deal is a Promo, if it is gone they can't do anything.... Oh well......

The promotion is still ongoing. So they can't use that 'its a promotion' excuse.
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited May 2016

...Or if you can get to the ME TOO FORUM start a thread there, then come back and post a link here so others with the same issue can just click on it to go there and check me too and post if they want. That forum is monitored by an EA employee. I would think that they would want to fix asap because it's a premium purchase. Good luck guys, sorry you're having this problem.

Here is a link to a thread on the EA Answer HQ forum where several people have reported the issue (this is the forum that IckabodShrek has referred to above - I quoted a part of what she said in order to credit her with suggesting it - it's a really good idea):

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Gil-s-deal-for-Duff-Garden-missing/m-p/5351046#U5351046

The "Me too" button can be found in the first post of that thread. If you decide to add a comment to the thread, also remember to click the "Me too" button as well.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ^^Thank you Sue. That will be really helpful. Some people have commented that when they spoke to EA support that under 10 people had reported the issue so they wouldn't be doing anything.
    Soooo...... If you guys really want this, hit Sue's Me Too link and tap 'Me Too"...super simple.
  • galaxy1069
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Still waiting for Gill's Duff Gardens offer to come to my Springfield.
    Wanted to buy it, but no Gill.
    Is this glitch going to be fixed or do we miss out?
  • whangdoodle
    3 posts
    edited May 2016
    Since people on the other forum where I originally posted suggested to post here (same one linked to by Suetopia - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Gil-s-deal-for-Duff-Garden-missing/m-p/5351046#U5351046 ), and I see people here saying to post over there, I'll go ahead and paste my post here in hopes that more coverage = greater chance for a fix.

I have had the same issue as everyone else since the 18th when Gil first popped. I made my post on the 19th in the other forum, which I will go ahead and copy/paste here:

Exact same problem. It was there, and was even in the build menu (at first). Closed game on iPad to do something else. Opened game on Android phone later to buy doughnuts (since I had some google credit on there - I didn't notice if the Gil deal was available in build menu as all I did was buy doughnuts and close game). Went to do something else again and when I went back to the game on the iPad all deals were missing.

No Gil wandering around. No Gil anywhere in the build menu (I scrolled through all of the screens).

Hard closed game on both platforms -> no Gil or Duff Garden option
    Uninstalled/reinstalled -> still no Gil or Duff Garden

Completely missing from both platforms.

I'm hoping they fix and extend the deal, as I would still like to purchase this.

edit 20May: Two days later from this first popping up, I've reinstalled again today on both platforms with no change. Yesterday, after seeing a couple comments about Springfield Heights also missing from their game menu - yep, me too. Hadn't thought to look for that. I'd love to email support, but the only options it ever gives me are to call or internet chat (and no time to spend much time hunting down their email through other means). I don't have the ability to sit here long enough to do either (and phone calls are completely out for me as an option).

Looks like loads of people still want to buy this. I know there are moderators here, but I'm not clear whether EA support reads this or ever sees potential issues in a timely manner. Hoping the word gets across for all of us that would like to throw some money their way.
  • Psdance
    150 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Just want to say I would buy the Duff Garden if the Gil deal was available in my two towns. :( I hope it comes back.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.