EA Forums - Banner

I now "level up" 3 times a day, and it means nothing.

Prev1
people still needs to come to level 60 to get that...

Replies

• Bueraner04
    98 posts
    edited May 2016
    jmn120176 wrote:
    It's like the "free college" a couple of these liberal presidential candidates promise. That's great for them, but what about the tens of thousands I spent paying for it myself?
    Is this about US-politics now, or TSTO?
    Here in Germany people can study mostly for free. And we're doing fine, I might add.

Coming down to TSTO: I spent quite some real life money for donuts and I still enjoy some extra sprinkles for the purchases to come ;)
  • Lancemountain37
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It's not all doom and gloom. I thought it was too. It's actually awesome for players like me

I have been tapping since whacking day but am Freemium and a total scroodge with my donuts. I currently sit at 172.90% multiplyer. I play several times a day. But us freemiums can only get the multiplyer so high. Just this morning I had reached level 61 and I decided to buy the XP boost and do the bloodmobile thing. I had 40M. I'll only get a few hundred levels before my cash runs out, then back to the grind

This new concept is only a bad thing for a small fraction of the players of the game. If your multiplyer is so high you level several times a day then you are the 1% :lol:

After all these years I finally was able to afford The Lair and the Springfield Sign.
  • Bueraner04
    98 posts
    edited May 2016
    After all these years I finally was able to afford The Lair and the Springfield Sign.
    good to hear. Those are some pretty good buys! :thumbup:

I personaly bought the Gorge. Something I wouldn't have done without the recent spinkling rain :)
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    jmn120176 wrote:
    I sure am glad the designers made this game so much easier for the noobs after all the time and effort I put in to get where I am and earn the things I did. It's like the "free college" a couple of these liberal presidential candidates promise. That's great for them, but what about the tens of thousands I spent paying for it myself?

That move, among many others, contributes to overall the dumbest move(s) the devs have made since this game's inception. But I'm sure, as a dedicated player, that these words will fall on deaf ears, as do so many other suggestions made by loyal longtime players. Boy do I feel like a sucker.

What precisely is it that the noobs don't have to do that you did? I must have missed something ...

You "earned the things you did"? We are playing. A game. We while our time away staring at a glass screen, tapping imaginary cartoon characters and imaginary cartoon cash registers hovering over imaginary cartoon buildings, so we can get imaginary dollars and buy imaginary newspaper dispensers for our imaginary towns.

You make it sound as if you did something noble. It's like me going to Tahiti for a week, getting a tan, and claiming I "earned" the tan. Just because I decided to spend my real life money going to Tahiti, that doesn't mean I should care that the guy next door got his tan by sitting on his own patio.

But back to my original question. What exactly don't the noobs need to do, that we had to do?
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Hate to break it to you, but this isn't about you. After 3 years, the game has become harder for a new player to get started, compete, and stay interested. While tapped out is continuing to make money - it's not making as much money as it was and its numbers are plummeting as far as popularity in freemium games goes. No new players, no fresh money coming in, no more tapped out.

So they're helping making sure the game you love continues - nothing to complain about.

You're getting way more free donuts a day than a newer player will - so nothing to complain about.

And finally - what other people are doing really shouldn't diminish your enjoyment of the game - so nothing to complain about.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DZn2Qhd.jpg
  • DudewheresmyPS3
    14 posts
    edited May 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    Hate to break it to you, but this isn't about you. After 3 years, the game has become harder for a new player to get started, compete, and stay interested. While tapped out is continuing to make money - it's not making as much money as it was and its numbers are plummeting as far as popularity in freemium games goes. No new players, no fresh money coming in, no more tapped out.

So they're helping making sure the game you love continues - nothing to complain about.

You're getting way more free donuts a day than a newer player will - so nothing to complain about.

And finally - what other people are doing really shouldn't diminish your enjoyment of the game - so nothing to complain about.

I Couldn't agree more..I myself am a long term player, playing since whacking day, and premium for the last couple of years.
    This latest is update is fantastic and I am reaping the rewards for being a long time player, I consider this a thank you from EA, and regarding newer players they still have to complete every single
    job "we" did and over time will reap their rewards also. Nothing has got easier within the game, just more structured. Don't hate the "noobs". if people stop downloading, the end is nigh. I am happy at this point to continue indulging in my weekly "donut" binge (regardless of bonuts) to make sure this fantastic game stays alive and remains accessible to the masses.
    all hail TSTO.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    jmn120176 wrote:
    I sure am glad the designers made this game so much easier for the noobs after all the time and effort I put in to get where I am and earn the things I did. It's like the "free college" a couple of these liberal presidential candidates promise. That's great for them, but what about the tens of thousands I spent paying for it myself?

That move, among many others, contributes to overall the dumbest move(s) the devs have made since this game's inception. But I'm sure, as a dedicated player, that these words will fall on deaf ears, as do so many other suggestions made by loyal longtime players. Boy do I feel like a sucker.

Happy tapping!
  • geekbyknight
    655 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Oh look, a Troll with privilege. That's new...
  • Oatmeal832
    570 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It's not all doom and gloom. I thought it was too. It's actually awesome for players like me

I have been tapping since whacking day but am Freemium and a total scroodge with my donuts. I currently sit at 172.90% multiplyer. I play several times a day. But us freemiums can only get the multiplyer so high. Just this morning I had reached level 61 and I decided to buy the XP boost and do the bloodmobile thing. I had 40M. I'll only get a few hundred levels before my cash runs out, then back to the grind

This new concept is only a bad thing for a small fraction of the players of the game. If your multiplyer is so high you level several times a day then you are the 1% :lol:

We need a new word for "premium players who only buy characters/skins" - that'd be me! :D

I've been playing about as long as you - I started right after Whacking Day 2013 - and I also have a "relatively low" multiplier - 192% or so, although I buy donuts with gift cards I earn on an online survey site.

I just don't use them for multiplier-based items. I did buy a few in my early days, but for most of my TSTO run, I've only used them for characters/skins.

The wailing walls a while back helped my multiplier a ton! :)
  • derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm sad for you. I don't really understand why and how your game-experience is diminished by this, but there are more things I don't understand about humanity, so that's probably just me. I'm an "oldtimer" myself and personally I don't really give a crap about how the game is for other people and if the game is easier for them than it was for me, just as long as there are enough players for EA to continue. I love this game for me and play it for me. It's my form of meditation. When stressed, I tap.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Seriously, why do people keep replying to this?

It doesn't get much more obvious....
  • Big82S
    565 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Maximum_trolling_gif.gif

ITS A GAM3 3NJ0Y IT.
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Take your politics elsewhere, @sshat
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited May 2016
    Nothing wrong with a free education OP. And this game is not supposed to be competitive. It's supposed to be collaborative. Thank you.
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited May 2016
    Oh look, a Troll with privilege. That's new...

:lol::mrgreen:
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've said it before and I'll say it again ---- if anyone (even a forum regular) EVER suggests the game Is winding down (opinion) or anything else remotely bad
    he/she will be labeled as a troll and mocked continuously thereafter. Unfortunately this forum is NOT a place to share different viewpoints but now merely a collective group of long time fan boys who have dedicated their lives to this game, forum and tv show. It is clear you aren't a troll and realize a lot of readers (non posters) agree with you and are probably also laughing (as I was after reading this). Use caution (not that anyone outside of this group would care what anyone here thinks lol) if you have opposite viewpoints and don't expect a 'non-biased' discussion to emerge. Got popcorn? Thanks for sharing your opinion (wish there were more non-emotionally biased viewpoints shared here).
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for sharing your opinion (wish there were more non-emotionally biased viewpoints shared here).

Opinions/viewpoints are 8)

The issue is when said "opinions/viewpoints" are stated as FACT.
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    As a horrible liberal American who invites the possibility of higher education made affordable, even free...I can't help but laugh at the attempt to draw a parallel between making this "game" easier for new players and the real-life struggles of millions of Americans just trying to keep all the plates balanced on wobbly sticks in a ridiculous circus act called making a living, having a family My European friends, who went to medical school and got free degrees in numerous careers laugh at the idea that education is only for the privileged 1%. And...I put myself through a university in that liberal Mecca, California, in the '70's. I certainly do not have any issue with my own kids who are graduating high school soon, being able to afford a college degree. The term compassionate conservative is a hoot.
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've said it before and I'll say it again ---- if anyone (even a forum regular) EVER suggests the game Is winding down (opinion) or anything else remotely bad
    he/she will be labeled as a troll and mocked continuously thereafter. Unfortunately this forum is NOT a place to share different viewpoints but now merely a collective group of long time fan boys who have dedicated their lives to this game, forum and tv show. It is clear you aren't a troll and realize a lot of readers (non posters) agree with you and are probably also laughing (as I was after reading this). Use caution (not that anyone outside of this group would care what anyone here thinks lol) if you have opposite viewpoints and don't expect a 'non-biased' discussion to emerge. Got popcorn? Thanks for sharing your opinion (wish there were more non-emotionally biased viewpoints shared here).

Dude, you're not even beating a dead horse any more. You're beating the stain in the drive way where the corpse of the horse rotted away.

I'm not going to say there aren't any fan boys here because obviously there are. But the mass of the negative backlash is on you, what you're doing, and how you're doing it - not on us.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.