EA Forums - Banner

Homer's Chiliad is Live!

Replies

  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I bought everything! It was a bit pricey. I never really cared about the coyote, but at least he has tasks. And I never thought I'd get Devil Flanders skin. This is a better deal than at Halloween, although I don't have the Heck House skin. I wonder if he has any new 24 hour tasks with that booth.

    Tomorrow must be that Devil Donuts trailer or something.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    This mini event seems to be pretty rubbish. Let's just hope there are some surprises (but I doubt it)

    I like it so far. Space Coyote has some good tasks and earns event currency. Devil flanders with five alarm chili and Ajax steel mill offered; and both Roscoe and the stand earn event currency. The prizes look pretty meh. But as you said maybe their will be a surprise or two available in this event.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    jukan00 wrote:
    For no good reason other than to stir the pot... :D

    Question. When you all read the word "coyote" are you reading it as 'Kai-yoh-tee'
    or as 'Kai-yoht'

    Cuz I hope it's 'Kai-yoht'.
    Good question, but it's "koh-yoh-te".
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    jukan00 wrote:
    For no good reason other than to stir the pot... :D

    Question. When you all read the word "coyote" are you reading it as 'Kai-yoh-tee'
    or as 'Kai-yoht'

    Cuz I hope it's 'Kai-yoht'.
    Good question, but it's "koh-yoh-te".

    Hmmmmm, sounds like we've got a poll in the making......
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    This mini event seems to be pretty rubbish. Let's just hope there are some surprises (but I doubt it)

    I like it so far. Space Coyote has some good tasks and earns event currency. Devil flanders with five alarm chili and Ajax steel mill offered; and both Roscoe and the stand earn event currency. The prizes look pretty meh. But as you said maybe their will be a surprise or two available in this event.

    Are any of his tasks visual? I would love to get him if he has any cool tasks. The steel mill is priced well too. 100 D after the 50 D rebate for a character and building.
  • Grumpstown
    1361 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It's Live now!
    at the same time as pokemon sun and moon info comes online lol
    sun and moon hype, glad i just looked at this forum before i started gaming :lol:
  • Wiredup11
    343 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I was hoping the coyote would be free. What was I thinking?

    Huge huge building though!
    30newas.png

    Wasn't expecting it to be free but I'm not interested enough in the character to spend that much donuts on it.

    I kind of like the building. Don't have it but it could pair well with the Kwik-E-Mart Central Office.
  • edited June 2016
    something else is there starting tomorrow morning. donut day :D

    What does this mean? Lol
  • organizmx66
    515 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    jukan00 wrote:
    For no good reason other than to stir the pot... :D

    Question. When you all read the word "coyote" are you reading it as 'Kai-yoh-tee'
    or as 'Kai-yoht'

    Cuz I hope it's 'Kai-yoht'.

    Direwolf? My rural peoples, where you at? Back me up on this. :lol:

    I live in an area where we have coyotes...most of the people around here pronounce it Kai-Yoht, but a few say it the other way, so either is acceptable
    D'oh!!
  • frigidiceman
    139 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For those who did buy the Steel Mill originally, is it worth the buy? I did not get it before because it was way expensive but for only 100 donuts, thats a pretty good price. Are the visuals cool or meh?
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    mattruns84 wrote:
    This mini event seems to be pretty rubbish. Let's just hope there are some surprises (but I doubt it)

    I like it so far. Space Coyote has some good tasks and earns event currency. Devil flanders with five alarm chili and Ajax steel mill offered; and both Roscoe and the stand earn event currency. The prizes look pretty meh. But as you said maybe their will be a surprise or two available in this event.

    Are any of his tasks visual? I would love to get him if he has any cool tasks. The steel mill is priced well too. 100 D after the 50 D rebate for a character and building.

    He has two visual tasks bite Homer's leg (60m and requires Homer) and Guide Vision Questers (4h) requires quest. He also has a 3 hour non visual task called Guide the quest which earns 4 insanity peppers.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    jukan00 wrote:
    For no good reason other than to stir the pot... :D

    Question. When you all read the word "coyote" are you reading it as 'Kai-yoh-tee'
    or as 'Kai-yoht'

    Cuz I hope it's 'Kai-yoht'.

    Direwolf? My rural peoples, where you at? Back me up on this. :lol:

    I live in an area where we have coyotes...most of the people around here pronounce it Kai-Yoht, but a few say it the other way, so either is acceptable

    But how do YOU say it? Things are acceptable but only one way is like, totally rad. 8) :D
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For those who did buy the Steel Mill originally, is it worth the buy? I did not get it before because it was way expensive but for only 100 donuts, thats a pretty good price. Are the visuals cool or meh?

    The building has flashing lights, 5 hrs tasks for Smithers or Roscoe. Really cool. And both characters are visible
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    jukan00 wrote:
    For no good reason other than to stir the pot... :D

    Question. When you all read the word "coyote" are you reading it as 'Kai-yoh-tee'
    or as 'Kai-yoht'

    Cuz I hope it's 'Kai-yoht'.

    Direwolf? My rural peoples, where you at? Back me up on this. :lol:

    We say kaiyohtee ... we have them in the hills behind our house. We also happen to be near a fire station. The coyotes go into a howling frenzy every time they hear a siren. It's kinda cool, and sometimes the dog next-door joins in. Soul-brothers, as it were. :)
  • Grumpstown
    1361 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For those who did buy the Steel Mill originally, is it worth the buy? I did not get it before because it was way expensive but for only 100 donuts, thats a pretty good price. Are the visuals cool or meh?

    The building has flashing lights, 5 hrs tasks for Smithers or Roscoe. Really cool. And both characters are visible
    also 5h task for duffman to join the party ;)
  • 1louisobyrne
    93 posts
    edited June 2016
    The building has flashing lights, 5 hrs tasks for Smithers or Roscoe. Really cool. And both characters are visible

    EDIT: Beaten to it
    Grumpstown wrote:
    also 5h task for duffman to join the party ;)

  • 2montmorency
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Potential nasty bug on iPad with this update? :shock:

    I often swipe down (pulls down the message screen) and swipe up to instantly set everyone on tasks. Following this update, doing that instantly froze my iPad such that even a power down didn't work. Eventually had to do a hard reset (hold down power button and home button for 15 secs) to get the iPad back again.

    Currently in the process of deleting and reinstalling the game just in case. Reluctant to try it again to check if it was a rare glitch or something more serious. Posting here in case anyone else uses the swipe thing and can report back if they hit problems.
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For those who did buy the Steel Mill originally, is it worth the buy? I did not get it before because it was way expensive but for only 100 donuts, thats a pretty good price. Are the visuals cool or meh?

    I love the building. Plus, Roscoe has great visual tasks -- 4 hour and 12 hour -- and a neat 5-hour one dancing in front of the steel mill. (Smithers and Duffman also have that 5-hour task, so the three of them in front of the building is a hoot.)

    :)
  • LPNintendoITA
    11648 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    on june 7th the duff gardens promo will reset and should appear again
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah the prizes are pretty weak, but it's a mini-event so what can you do? There honestly wasn't much else memorable from the episode aside from the chili stands, the coyote and the tortoise (we already have E.A.R.L).. I'm a bit annoyed the Coyote is premium (when he could've easily been the last prize), but at least he has tasks.

    Considering how many donuts they've given us lately, I can't imagine the Coyote being anything but premium. To be honest, I prefer it that way. At least now he'll have a premium payout instead of one of those slacker freebie characters that don't want to help pay the bills ;)

    My only real let down is the lack of the tortoise. I normally hate NPCs, but I would have picked the tortoise up even if it were for donuts.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.