EA Forums - Banner

Event premium items, help me decide

I passed on the donut shop but I did get Ajax. It comes with Roscoe, whereas the donut shop doesn't. The multiplier is good but I would rather have the character to earn cash. Just my 3 cents worth.

Replies

• Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I recommend buying the ajax steel mill because you get 50 donuts back
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • amsprink134
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If you like characters with visual tasks, roscoe and the steel mill are a great buy. I got it last year for 150 donuts, I think, and I've really enjoyed that purchase. So for 100 donuts after rebate, I think it's a "steel". I bought the donut truck, but I think it's meh ....
  • devilhunt1449
    3704 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I have both items myself but got the steelmill when it was initially released, if it was a choice between the two then the steelmill would win hands down and the bonus of a rebate makes it even better.
  • Wiredup11
    339 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I see you mention the Ajax Steel Mill decent rebate but I don't see if you even like the item that much. I'd pass on the minor multiplier you'd get from the donut truck and opt with buying neither right now.

When you like the Ajax Steel Mill, go get some. This will leave you with 120 donuts and days left to replenish your total. Come next event you'd have enough donuts for at least one premium character and maybe another small item, depending on how soon it drops.

In my experience I always regret spending donuts when a new event has dropped and my donut count is near depletion.
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Buying characters at a discount is the way to go. Kicking myself for missing Jimbo at half price a while back. So I say, buy AJAX. I did!
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Plus if you have Smithers and Duffman, they both also have permanent visual jobs there.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If you can only choose one, Id suggest Ajax. It opens visual jobs for Smithers and Duffman as well.
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    cdepast wrote:
    If you can only choose one, Id suggest Ajax. It opens visual jobs for Smithers and Duffman as well.

Beat ya! See above.

:)
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    Ajax all the way, the donut truck/shop and boat don't appeal to me. I got Ajax just for the fact it came with a discount, can't beat that.
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Super Hero Part 2 event I think is close by....so I'd suggest wait for that. But at the end it's still your decision.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Is ajax and the steel mill always available at it's regular price? If so I think that might be the deciding factor. As I do like the idea of having a donut truck in my town and I don't think we will see that stay after event or come back any time soon.
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The steel mill was a limited item, so I think it's limited this time around too. I got it first time around and didn't regret it!
  • vibra5
    337 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! ...
  • Psdance
    150 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    vibra5 wrote:
    Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! Roscoe! ...
    I agree. Is this okay?
  • meredythl
    320 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'd been wishing for the Steel Mill as I'd missed it first time around. So happy I got it!
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

• Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Well time partly decided for me as I forgot to check in and buy the donut truck. Hopefully it will come around again sooner than later. Which means less spent holding me back from buying ajax. I think that puts me in a good position to buy something next event or whatnot.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.