EA Forums - Banner

Kwik E Marts are much more profitable and cheaper than most people realize !!!!

Replies

• anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    OK just did my first KEM collection round... did 4 rounds of Bonuts, and it certainly looks like the strategy moving forward.

But nobody told me about the visceral joy of seeing Kwik-E-Marts raining down on your town leaving splatterings of Cyan-coloured XP symbols littering the sidewalks... Very satisfying!

(anyone got a cigarette?)
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I did my first KEM farm test. I'm only at about 175% multiplier and not yet at level 400.

I seem to level up and get a donut for every 11 KEMs I build (when the collider is on), which I think is about $150K/donut?

Whereas with one Rat Trap Truck (with collider on), I get about 324,000 XP. ($112,500 cost after selling back)

I need to organize this data better. Ugh.
  • geekbyknight
    655 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    But doesn't the build time mean you'd have to have the xp collided on longer than if you just did the same with bloodmobiles?
  • anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    But doesn't the build time mean you'd have to have the xp collided on longer than if you just did the same with bloodmobiles?

You are correct. There are two strategies here:

1) Leave the collider on 24/7 and continually build KEMs
    2) Gather money and turn the collider on for one day and blow all your money on Rat Trap Trucks/Bloodmobiles

#2 has been the conventional strategy, but the subject of this thread is #1. The OP's contention is that it is better than option #2, which seems to be the case if you have a decent multiplier (and can generate ~225,000xp in a day without the collider)
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yous guyz!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We're only quickening the day when they'll take this away from us!

Anywayz, the deal with Bloodmobiles and RatTraps is they're not as sustainable. They take a big chunk out of your cash totals each time. You're burning through your millions, which is fun, just like in real life, but it's not quite as cool as how QEM costs can be earned back almost as fast as you build them, meaning this QEM thing can be part of your permanent lifestyle, like you're a music mogul and you have constant donut royalties streaming in. Just adjust your total # of QEM's downward until your cash is holding even every day. (Not necessarily breaking even every 4 hours, because you'll earn rents more heavily at different times of the day). I also use a blended strategy of letting the accelerator turn off for a couple days while my town recovers & earns back its cash up to the "turn the XP back on!" amount I've set. Also that down time is when I do some other spending on normal non-donut stuff. Just building a big batch of Marts once per day, maybe for overnights, will probably let even younger towns at least break even on a 10 day XP experiment.
  • anaquarind
    1494 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yous guyz!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's no joke... I'm usually pretty patient about getting into the newest donut scheme, but I have had a nagging feeling that EA is going to change something like the starting price of the second KEM, or dropping the collider to 3X or something. So I wanted to get this started sooner rather than later!
  • tbolin1123477
    216 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ok, please help as my brain seems to not be getting this.

Have collider running 24/7(which I'm doing anyway)
    Sell all but original KEM
    Purchase 25 additional KEMs
    Collect 50,000 base xp from build (4hrs)(I'm at 333%)
    Get bonuts

Repeat sell of KEMs and begin again.

Have I got this right?
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    Yous guyz!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's no joke... I'm usually pretty patient about getting into the newest donut scheme, but I have had a nagging feeling that EA is going to change something like the starting price of the second KEM, or dropping the collider to 3X or something. So I wanted to get this started sooner rather than later!

That kind of worries me too. No matter what chicken little keeps saying, most of us aren't making that much off the KEMs. It's kind of a grind, but if I keep it up over the course of the next month or so I'll be able to pick up a few characters/buildings I never would have spent donuts I paid for on - and that's really all it comes down to. I'm still going to have to drop 20-50 dollars each event to get everything I need.

Only the smallest minority are making out like gang busters with this - but they're also the minority who's dumped the most money into this game and they really deserve it. If people (like chicken little) keep making a fuss and making it look negative, they're going to nerf us and end up making it impossible for the mass of players to even finish the Homerlayas, let alone enjoy some extra bonuts.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    774 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ok, please help as my brain seems to not be getting this.

Have collider running 24/7(which I'm doing anyway)
    Sell all but original KEM
    Purchase 25 additional KEMs
    Collect 50,000 base xp from build (4hrs)(I'm at 333%)
    Get bonuts

Repeat sell of KEMs and begin again.

Have I got this right?

Yes. If you want the maximum XP for the fewest cash, build 25 KEM at a time. If you have a lot of cash leftover, you can do more than 25, slowly work your way up to see what you can sustain. The reason the chart stops at 25 is because the maximum price for KEM is 14,400.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    774 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    anaquarind wrote:

You are correct. There are two strategies here:

1) Leave the collider on 24/7 and continually build KEMs
    2) Gather money and turn the collider on for one day and blow all your money on Rat Trap Trucks/Bloodmobiles

#2 has been the conventional strategy, but the subject of this thread is #1. The OP's contention is that it is better than option #2, which seems to be the case if you have a decent multiplier (and can generate ~225,000xp in a day without the collider)

Method #2 was the old school way because the XP bar was at 10 million. You had to use Rat Trap trucks and bloodmobiles because there was no effective was to build all those KEM stores. You needed a lot of land and time to build and spend your cash pile before your XP collider expired.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    774 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    anaquarind wrote:
    Yous guyz!!!!!!!!!!!
    SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

EA is clearly making it easier to get donuts. I remember when I started playing, donuts were precious. The only free donuts was from events, Sideshow Bob's booth, and holiday giveaways. Within the past year, they have added the railyard, find Maggie game, daily challenges, and lowered the XP bar to make it easier to get donuts.
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I sold back all my KEMs (except the original which is in my town area) but it still shows the price of KEM as 14,400. How do I get the price of 260 to appear again?!
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    774 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I sold back all my KEMs (except the original which is in my town area) but it still shows the price of KEM as 14,400. How do I get the price of 260 to appear again?!

Are you sure you sold it? I think you might have put those stores into your inventory.
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Are you sure you sold it? I think you might have put those stores into your inventory.

Omg, I pretty sure I sold them back (got the price confirmation screen) but a bunch are in inventory! Ugh!!!!! (and thanks)
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    What? Do you secretly have a second batch of Marts in storage you forgot about or something?

Well sure, this ^ post looks funny now in hindsight. But there was a time when it would have been downright prophetic..... if I'd posted it at that time.
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the chart Jabba and outlining everything so clearly! I've just been levelling up as it comes with daily collections, but I think I might take your advice and speed it up.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    sp2qkQE.png
    What do the colors mean, specifically yellow and green?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Surfcitygal
    1272 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I did the KEM build/sell thing with the collider turned on for 3 days in all five of my towns. It was profitable, but I'm burned out with it now having to check on 5 towns every four hours. What a relief when the collider expired and I sold all those KEMs for the last time.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    sp2qkQE.png
    What do the colors mean, specifically yellow and green?

The yellow shows the point at which you will not be producing enough XP/bonuts to cover the cost of 10 day collider @2.5 donut/day. The green means collider is profitable.
  • RexBanner00
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    So I've decided to give this a try. After 2 X KEM harvests and just having people on tasks I've earnt 7 donuts. So the collider has paid for itself already, although I guess I would have made those donuts anyway if I was patient. I'll update at the end of the 24 hours what the total donuts and cash spent was. My multiplier is 217%.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.