EA Forums - Banner

Hostility on the forum

Replies

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    *comments on subject or considered a hole* Not to be an assassinhole, but maybe this is the best way for noobs to learn. It's how I learned (to be an assassinhole). ;)
    While there certainly are a few a-holes on here[...]
    Are there also b-holes, c-holes, and d-holes here? I can't imagine what e-holes or f-holes are, though. I, myself, am an s-hole. No, it's not what you think. The s stand for Simpson's.

:mrgreen:
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Maybe we can start a permanent troll-topic, where all you may do is troll? When a troll feels the erge arise, he or she can click to the troll-topic and troll away against his/her fellow-trolls? Trolling kind people is too easy, I think the true challenge lies in trolling trolls (now try saying that line out loud ten times).
    :D
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Maybe we can start a permanent troll-topic, where all you may do is troll? When a troll feels the erge arise, he or she can click to the troll-topic and troll away against his/her fellow-trolls? Trolling kind people is too easy, I think the true challenge lies in trolling trolls (now try saying that line out loud ten times).
    I can't. Too busy figuring out what "erge" is. ;) :P Acid reflux? Those poor trolls. :(
  • derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    I can't. Too busy figuring out what "erge" is. ;) :P Acid reflux? Those poor trolls. :(

Nah, "erge" itches.
    ("erge" means "really bad" in Dutch, but it's pronounced with a very hard rolling "g", like a dog growling) :D

But good point, a lot of us here on the forum speak another language than English and can't write English 100% correctly.

(edits: now I keep spellchecking, you made me nervous)
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3079 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    *comments on subject or considered a hole* Not to be an assassinhole, but maybe this is the best way for noobs to learn. It's how I learned (to be an assassinhole). ;)
    While there certainly are a few a-holes on here[...]
    Are there also b-holes, c-holes, and d-holes here? I can't imagine what e-holes or f-holes are, though. I, myself, am an s-hole. No, it's not what you think. The s stand for Simpson's.

F-holes occur in orchestral stringed instruments such as violins, violas, cellos, and 🎃🎃🎃🎃. They can sometimes be huge jerks too.

You're welcome.

• NicholasD1984
    2623 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Rosshk wrote:
    A lot of said hostility is a matter of interpretation. For example, if I were to say this thread doesn't belong in the Game Discussion forum, I'm not being rude, just honest.

This thread doesn't belong in the Game Discussion forum.

That's were your wrong. If does belong on here that's because this is where all the b1tching is going on. Over on off topic there is no b1tching
  • NicholasD1984
    2623 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I agree with the op. I was going to creat a thread on this very issue but in the end chose not too because of people would end up being a.ss holes.

Am sick and tired of seeing Childish remarks and b1tching towards one another.
  • Big82S
    566 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Sometimes were just surrounded by THEM. Heh.

• Willy9292
    1600 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It does get frustrating when someone creates a thread about something that has been widely discussed for weeks, or wants to know how to do something that most of us find intuitive so sometimes a deep breath and pause is needed. That being said the OP is right, I have noticed a lot of head biting lately. Hopefully that will pass.
    Always remember the line from the famous book " I'm OK You're a bit of an A**hole"
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited June 2016
    Some forums are worse than others, this forum is actually pretty easy going. Interpretation is the key. Even work emails seems toxic that is why is recommended to read your emails a couple of times before you hit the send button.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Seeing way too many passive aggressive or just plain rude replies on a lot of topics lately. This is particularly noticeable when people respond to new members who perhaps haven't seen previous threads that cover their question.

Like come on.

Is it really worth being an a**hole?

Lets all be friends :lol:

Yes?
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited June 2016
    Totally agree with the OP but now and again there is a stupid comment that warrants a certain response! :)
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:

Nah, "erge" itches.
    ("erge" means "really bad" in Dutch, but it's pronounced with a very hard rolling "g", like a dog growling) :D

But good point, a lot of us here on the forum speak another language than English and can't write English 100% correctly.

Hah, sorry. Don't be nervous. Are you and that word really Dutch? (BTW, have you seen the spelling of some people here? I'm not sure they can even blame having English as a second language....)
    F-holes occur in orchestral stringed instruments such as violins, violas, cellos, and 🎃🎃🎃🎃. They can sometimes be huge jerks too.

You're welcome.

Thanks!
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    While there certainly are a few a-holes on here, I believe the mods do an excellent job on this forum. Also, sometimes interpretation can be the culprit. I recently wrote this to an advice column in my local newspaper, and somehow I ended up looking like the bad guy.... :roll:

My letter was short and sweet, and here it is:

Dear b*tch,

I have trouble making friends. What are YOU going to do about it?

:oops:

People are staring at me because I laughed way too loud at this comment. Breathe it out people, it's just not that serious. From time to time, people get snippy on this forum, or think they are funnier than they actually are, so just ignore them and move on. Plenty of people are helpful, nice, and fun on this forum, don't mind the few that are not.
  • derekpasteur
    303 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    simp7fan wrote:

Nah, "erge" itches.

Hah, sorry. Don't be nervous. Are you and that word really Dutch? (BTW, have you seen the spelling of some people here? I'm not sure they can even blame having English as a second language....) :(

Yep, both "erge" and me are 100% Dutch. (Although I did mean "urge" in this case. :oops: )
    Technically English isn't even my second language, but my fifth. I spoke Dutch, Frisian, German and French before I spoke English, but linguists say that medieval Frisian an medieval English are more simular than Frisian and Dutch. (Frisian is spoken in Friesland, a provence in The Netherlands). But this is getting REALLY offtopic... :wink:
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    24404004074_f072b8a359_z.jpg
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Wiredup11
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Like others have said, there are plenty of people willing to help if you make an effort in making reasonable questions.

Sometimes there'll be the sarcastic reply here and there, people will pile on which'll make their collective intention to be vile, although individually they're all taking harmless jabs. This'll mostly happen when people have done no effort in looking for an answer on their question and are expecting to be spoon-fed information. When this happens I'll more than likely skip the question.

Sour comments leave a bigger mark on a thread if you allow them too, but remember they are also in a vast majority. Luckily the moderators are mostly on point on this forum, leaving us with a friendly environment to discuss our addiction. Kudos, mods.

Have a strip
    rdY87Rh.jpg
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    simp7fan wrote:

Nah, "erge" itches.

Hah, sorry. Don't be nervous. Are you and that word really Dutch? (BTW, have you seen the spelling of some people here? I'm not sure they can even blame having English as a second language....) :(

Yep, both "erge" and me are 100% Dutch. (Although I did mean "urge" in this case. :oops: )
    Technically English isn't even my second language, but my fifth. I spoke Dutch, Frisian, German and French before I spoke English, but linguists say that medieval Frisian an medieval English are more simular than Frisian and Dutch. (Frisian is spoken in Friesland, a provence in The Netherlands). But this is getting REALLY offtopic... :wink:

Frisian? *Swoon* Takes me back to studying Anglo Saxon.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Top eBayer A+++? That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day!
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    mwdalton wrote:
    Top eBayer A+++? That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day!

Three pluses, eh?

Do you offer free shipping?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!