EA Forums - Banner

Kwik E Marts are much more profitable and cheaper than most people realize !!!!

Replies

• Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    So I've decided to give this a try. After 2 X KEM harvests and just having people on tasks I've earnt 7 donuts. So the collider has paid for itself already, although I guess I would have made those donuts anyway if I was patient. I'll update at the end of the 24 hours what the total donuts and cash spent was. My multiplier is 217%.

It is actually more like picking between making 2 dollars a day or paying 2 dollars a day to make 10 dollars a day.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:
    So I've decided to give this a try. After 2 X KEM harvests and just having people on tasks I've earnt 7 donuts. So the collider has paid for itself already, although I guess I would have made those donuts anyway if I was patient. I'll update at the end of the 24 hours what the total donuts and cash spent was. My multiplier is 217%.

It is actually more like picking between making 2 dollars a day or paying 2 dollars a day to make 10 dollars a day.

Very apt comparison, nice.
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    1pzmTKnl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I did the KEM build/sell thing with the collider turned on for 3 days in all five of my towns. It was profitable, but I'm burned out with it now having to check on 5 towns every four hours. What a relief when the collider expired and I sold all those KEMs for the last time.

I've done this for a couple of weeks and it works great but I'm tired of the grind. I'm getting that end of event feeling.

I'm thinking of just blowing though the majority of my money with trap trucks and being done with it.
  • RexBanner00
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:

That's a good way of explaining it. So I've just finished my 24hrs of the collider. Here are the results.

I started at level 101 with $52.7M cash. Placed between 25-30 KEM's and started the collider just before I collected that first lot. My multiplier is 217% plus some SH buildings out, not all of them.

In the 24 hrs I had 5 cycles of building/collecting KEM's and I received 16 level up donuts. I also had my springfielders on regular tasks and interestingly my cash went up to $52.9M. So for $0 I made 16 donuts, minus the 5 for the collider makes a profit of 11 donuts.

Then I had a short amount of time to spare so thought I'd spend some money on blood mobiles. Not sure how many I bought/sold but I spent about $3M to make another 16 donuts in less than 5 minutes.

So end result, cost me $3M in game money to make 27 donuts. I'd do it again but only 24 hrs at a time when I know I can commit to the 4hr KEM build cycles. I can see it would a grind to do it 24/7.

I hope that made sense! :D
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:

That's a good way of explaining it. So I've just finished my 24hrs of the collider. Here are the results.

I started at level 101 with $52.7M cash. Placed between 25-30 KEM's and started the collider just before I collected that first lot. My multiplier is 217% plus some SH buildings out, not all of them.

In the 24 hrs I had 5 cycles of building/collecting KEM's and I received 16 level up donuts. I also had my springfielders on regular tasks and interestingly my cash went up to $52.9M. So for $0 I made 16 donuts, minus the 5 for the collider makes a profit of 11 donuts.

Then I had a short amount of time to spare so thought I'd spend some money on blood mobiles. Not sure how many I bought/sold but I spent about $3M to make another 16 donuts in less than 5 minutes.

So end result, cost me $3M in game money to make 27 donuts. I'd do it again but only 24 hrs at a time when I know I can commit to the 4hr KEM build cycles. I can see it would a grind to do it 24/7.

I hope that made sense! :D

Looking at your numbers .... you should be able to cover the 2.5 donuts per day on a 10 day run without doing many KEM cycles. Tasks and cash collection quickly build up when using the collidor.
  • bobobobob690266
    97 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi all,

Was wondering, if you had some extra space and money, is there another building with a similar low cost vs xp gain you could run next to your 25 KEMS? Would it work nearly as well with brown houses or krusty burgers? What would their profitability breaking point be? Would it still be first 25 builds or would it be lower? I would try to do the math myself but I would imagine there is some smart cookie out there that has already looked into this, I just can't seem to find it discussed anywhere else...?

Thanks for your help everybody, you're awesome!

PS autocorrect is annoying sorry for the edits...
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Does this kem apply for those who reached level 939?
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi all,

Was wondering, if you had some extra space and money, is there another building with a similar low cost vs xp gain you could run next to your 25 KEMS? Would it work nearly as well with brown houses or krusty burgers? What would their profitability breaking point be? Would it still be first 25 builds or would it be lower? I would try to do the math myself but I would imagine there is some smart cookie out there that has already looked into this, I just can't seem to find it discussed anywhere else...?

Thanks for your help everybody, you're awesome!

PS autocorrect is annoying sorry for the edits...

If you have extra cash and space it is still very profitable (most profitable) way to just add more KEM to each batch. After 25 the price remains 14,400 for every extra KEMbuilt. I often run batches of 200 when my cash builds up but keep a minimum 25 going at all times.
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Does this kem apply for those who reached level 939?

My figures quoted at the beginning of thread are for above 939... But this technique is the most profitable way to convert cash to XP for ANY LEVEL.

If you can harvest approx 220,000xp in 24 hours without spending your cash you should have your XP collider switched on 24/7
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I did the KEM build/sell thing with the collider turned on for 3 days in all five of my towns. It was profitable, but I'm burned out with it now having to check on 5 towns every four hours. What a relief when the collider expired and I sold all those KEMs for the last time.
    5 towns!? i think there's your real source of burn out..............
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • monduboiss937
    148 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm burning out of KEM farms. I do it extensively only on the weekends (yes that means over 400 kem at a time - over 5 millions spent at a time) and only 70 or so during the weekdays. Yes it is pretty good donut wise, but I'm burning out. The grind becomes rapidly boring... Reminds me of the time before the IRS and the sending everyone off to task option, and with SH grind and monorail grind... Unfortunately something doesn't work right anymore with my bloodmobiles so it won't pop out the right amount of boxes. I need a break from the grind. When it is your chosen way to grind please take this into account. Clicking and clicking the check marks, waiting for the next donut box to appear so you can pay 50k to choose, then selling and rebuilding... Again and again... Anyone else having enough of it? I can't wait for the superhero event...

Also, Forgot who was asking, but you can use krusty burger too. Just don't build too many, and it takes 12 hours. But if you want a cheap way to do it, it's an option.
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm burning out of KEM farms. I do it extensively only on the weekends (yes that means over 400 kem at a time - over 5 millions spent at a time) and only 70 or so during the weekdays. Yes it is pretty good donut wise, but I'm burning out. The grind becomes rapidly boring... Reminds me of the time before the IRS and the sending everyone off to task option, and with SH grind and monorail grind... Unfortunately something doesn't work right anymore with my bloodmobiles so it won't pop out the right amount of boxes. I need a break from the grind. When it is your chosen way to grind please take this into account. Clicking and clicking the check marks, waiting for the next donut box to appear so you can pay 50k to choose, then selling and rebuilding... Again and again... Anyone else having enough of it? I can't wait for the superhero event...

Also, Forgot who was asking, but you can use krusty burger too. Just don't build too many, and it takes 12 hours. But if you want a cheap way to do it, it's an option.

It's a chore. Not as bad as the grinding I did in the heights, but still a chore.

On the bright side, because of KEM farming, I've given up the monorail - which was also a bit of a chore. I figured out I'm losing enough money working on the monorail that I'd be losing money I could be making from KEMs, so I gladly gave up the monorail.

My present goal is to grind until I hit level 929 and then give it up for awhile. Once I hit the loop levels, I may go back to just doing bloodmobiles once a week since they're way easier.
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I did a 1 day collider yesterday using only KEM's, but on an industrial scale. I had saved up enough cash to also buy the 5 aspirationals that I wanted too. I do realise that they are really bad for XP, but thought I might as well buy them at the same time as using the collider.

PREPARATION:
    3 days before collider day: placed popsicle, sit 'n' rotate, fortress of choclitude (3 day builds, I had around $85m before placing them)
    1 day to go: put all characters on 24 hour tasks, on the evening placed 600 KEM's to build overnight (took me 25 minutes to do that!)

COLLIDER DAY:
    I didn't start the collider as soon as I got up as I wanted to collect overnight character tasks, buildings and building KEM's the next day. I don't always get up the same time each day.
    Instant built KB oil rig, Zirconia.
    All characters on 1 hour tasks.
    After finishing overnight builds and selling, placed, built and resold 3 X 600 during the day, then 200 overnight. I was so tired by the end I didn't have time or much energy to do the full 600! It took around 1 hour to finish each set of 600, sell and replace another 600.

Here are my final stats:
    donuts used to start collider: 0 (I still had the free one they gave to us)
    starting level: 150
    finishing level: 443
    increase in levels:293
    KEM's built: 2600
    multiplier: 287.70% plus 154% from SH (11 condos)
    number of game crashes during the 24 hours: 8
    $ at start of building initial 600 KEM's: $52m (I had $65m at the time, but have taken off the $13 used for 2 asp's)
    $ at end of the 24 hour collider period:$27m
    $ difference: $25m
    Time and patience required: A LOT!

A few notes: Building aspirationals when running the collider seems to really mess things up. I would get several level ups building one, synchronise, then it would go down, so the overall effect would be 1 level up. Weird. The 5 aspirationals cost me $35m.
    I would synchronise my game after every 5 levels as I had so many crashes.
    Each set of 600 cost me $8,370,170, but I got back a quarter back for reselling.
    The figures are approximate, as the crashes tended to skew some of my figures.
    1 KEM once built earned 54175 XP.
    I am really happy with how many levels I gained, I will now go back to building 24 KEM's every 4 hours and build up my cash reserves!

• Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Johnny2bd: Don't you want to get another 10 levels for 939 then? :lol:

Comparisons between other buildings - here are the first 5 prices for brown, KEM, KB as listed in LPN's charts
    KEM - 220, 260, 300, 380, 450 (base XP of 2000, 4 hour build)
    KB - 2600, 2900, 3200, 3500, 3900 (12 hour build?)
    Brown - 355, 420, 500, 575, 675 ( 12 second build)

I haven't been able to find much info on build XP details and these may be out of date, but brown house may be 35XP and KB 260XP.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I thought about doing this but even thinking about the grind is making me feel ill :(

you guys are brave!
  • Jabba0the0hutt
    350 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Muhsterino wrote:

Comparisons between other buildings - here are the first 5 prices for brown, KEM, KB as listed in LPN's charts

I haven't been able to find much info on build XP details and these may be out of date, but brown house may be 35XP and KB 260XP.

Just checked some prices Krusty Burger is paying out 2500 per build ... So the first 20 are very good value. It takes more space and 12 hours but nice cash to XP ratios
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Muhsterino wrote:

Just checked some prices Krusty Burger is paying out 2500 per build ... So the first 20 are very good value. It takes more space and 12 hours but nice cash to XP ratios

Thanks for this info, I thought that what I found didn't seem to be right. It may be worth doing a combination of the two.
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    zqFRMl5l.jpg
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    So if I have a multiplier of 100%, and I buy and sell 25 KEMs 4 times in a 24 hour period, and have the XP collider on, I'll get a maximum of 6 donuts? Have I understood the table correctly??
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.