Prev1
grind it out my friend, it's the only way

Don't forget Krustyland, you can turn those tickets into cash

Well, you could buy donuts and use those donuts to by cash

Replies

• Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Grinding out money at low levels really is the worst part of this game. You'll jump up 3 levels in XP before you actually make enough money to buy the next character/building combo. I didn't even begin to make a dent in my back log until the Halloween event when my multiplier went from like 60% to something like 190%.

House farms really are the way to go, even though EA massively punishes new players now on the cost (the cost really needs to drop considerably for people below level 59). Most of them take at least a month to pay for themselves, but you need more and more money the higher you get. I'd suggest spending at least two weeks giving up on buying new characters and building house farms. It's not much fun, but it will speed things up later.

If you don't want house farms (I didn't), plan B is to build at least 10 of each building type and make a residential area. It doesn't look as bad if you mix them around and will give you the minimum you need to advance.

Of course it's all about the multiplier though. The more you can get that up, the easier (relatively) it becomes.
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited June 2016

how do you turn krustyland tickets into cash?
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • DrumminBeard
    182 posts
    edited June 2016

Well, first you have to complete the ENTIRE Krustyland storyline, and that includes Princess Penelope's part in it (if I recall correctly). Anyway, if you haven't invested much time in KL already, don't start just to get the 'tickets-into-cash' option. The exchange rates are quite terrible, and it exists only to ensure that KL can never be considered to be completely useless.
  • acbc123
    40 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Go to Krustyland, and tap on the main entrance (the big krusty head), it will give you exchange rates of krustyland tickets to cash. Trading 30k tickets is most efficient, so save up whenever possible.
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Well, first you have to complete the ENTIRE Krustyland storyline, and that includes Princess Penelope's part in it (if I recall correctly). Anyway, if you haven't invested much time in KL already, don't start just to get the 'tickets-into-cash' option. The exchange rates are quite terrible, and it exists only to ensure that KL can never be considered to be completely useless.

You have to finish that quest line to unlock the next character, unfortunately. If not for that, I'd say ignore Krustyland completely. It will pay for itself...eventually...slowly...maybe over 6 plus months. Harvest tickets daily, but don't waste character tasks there after getting Penelope.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You can earn money buy tapping buildings and sending characters on tasks
  • philong67
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    the lower the time of task you put characters on actually gives you a better percentage of cash. make sure to put premium skins on characters because they do earn more xp and cash.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    JimJ321 wrote:
    You can earn money buy tapping buildings and sending characters on tasks

^This
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ONE WAY to get a bunch of money (if you have time to sit and grind for a while) is to go to "Other Springfield" and capture Sideshow Bob, then arrow to the next 'neighbor' and arrow back to "Other Springfield" and Sideshow is coming out of the same area he came out of before.

He's in Other Springfield every time you enter it (until you get the PLAYABLE Sideshow in your own town. )

Catching him pays out $52 dollars each time you tap, plus some XP. In our Race-to-the-Finish game, with 15 minutes of non-stop "Sideshow Bob" grinding, a player earned almost $7,000 ... I believe we could get back-and-forth to Other Springfield about 10 times per minute.

But I warn you it's a REAL grind. And be sure that your first 'neighbor' (the one right after "Other Springfield" on your neighbor screen) is one that loads fairly quickly. I set my first few neighbors to "hide" when I was doing this, because they were advanced levels ... I found one that was lightly-decorated that loaded more quickly.

The trick is that "Other Springfield" is static for several levels. (When YOU get to around Level 30, for instance, "Other Springfield" updates to a new stage, and Sideshow appears in a new area of the town. I wish I could find the details for where to look for him, but it's a really cool way to make money.)

Once you get the actual CHARACTER of Sideshow Bob, this ceases to work. But it's a great way to make a bunch of money in a short time, if you don't mind going insane. :)
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Tips for increasing cash flow:

Send characters on tasks manually (not using the Unemployment Office)
    Send characters on the longest tasks that fit with your check-in schedule (they should always be ready to collect when you log in)
    Set Cletus's farm, KBBL Radio, Cannel 6 etc. on the longest tasks that fit your check-in schedule
    Send characters on tasks in premium skins or at premium buildings for higher payout
    Buy a regular scratch-r every 8 hours (minimum payout has a net gain of $100)
    Visit all of your neighbours everyday
    Collect from your buildings instead of leaving them for neighbour visits
    Place graffiti-able buildings near the landing site for neighbour's to tap (this is the only time they pay out)
    Do not bet at Springfield Downs
    Do not make Squidport tiles
    Do not buy land
    Avoid Krustyland, Springfield Heights and monorail tasks (they do not pay out in-game cash)
    Avoid tasks for the money mountain, giant redwood, and IRS building

• stephtog
    493 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I found that a good 2-3 weeks of only doing 24 hour tasks really helped with upping the cash, but that was when we had loads of time between events.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    there are several ways to get cash.

1. work and then you will get paid for it
    2. win money in a contest of some sort
    3. get an inheritance
    4. Sell something
    5. Steal it

there are many ways to get cash. hopefully this list of a few helps you out
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    there are several ways to get cash.

1. work and then you will get paid for it
    2. win money in a contest of some sort
    3. get an inheritance
    4. Sell something
    5. Steal it

there are many ways to get cash. hopefully this list of a few helps you out

#5. Don't work for things just use the five finger discount.
  • someonewashere
    1771 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    ONE WAY to get a bunch of money (if you have time to sit and grind for a while) is to go to "Other Springfield" and capture Sideshow Bob, then arrow to the next 'neighbor' and arrow back to "Other Springfield" and Sideshow is coming out of the same area he came out of before.

He's in Other Springfield every time you enter it (until you get the PLAYABLE Sideshow in your own town. )

Catching him pays out $52 dollars each time you tap, plus some XP. In our Race-to-the-Finish game, with 15 minutes of non-stop "Sideshow Bob" grinding, a player earned almost $7,000 ... I believe we could get back-and-forth to Other Springfield about 10 times per minute.

But I warn you it's a REAL grind. And be sure that your first 'neighbor' (the one right after "Other Springfield" on your neighbor screen) is one that loads fairly quickly. I set my first few neighbors to "hide" when I was doing this, because they were advanced levels ... I found one that was lightly-decorated that loaded more quickly.

The trick is that "Other Springfield" is static for several levels. (When YOU get to around Level 30, for instance, "Other Springfield" updates to a new stage, and Sideshow appears in a new area of the town. I wish I could find the details for where to look for him, but it's a really cool way to make money.)

Once you get the actual CHARACTER of Sideshow Bob, this ceases to work. But it's a great way to make a bunch of money in a short time, if you don't mind going insane. :)

Incorrect, once you obtain SSB he is still available in Other Springfield, but only other Springfield, actually made a list of locations but much like everything its all in my head (if you showed me a map of the other Springfield i could tell you where his spawning point is)

Lv 57? your Other springfield should be Lv 30, he is between Sprawlmart and Springfield elementary (the street specifally between the two buildings) note he walks in any direction and will hide for a couple secs and reappear in the location where he hid.

Sideshow Bob
    Likes: Killing Bart, Literature, Long walks around Springfield.
    Dislikes: Bart, Simpsons
    Payout 52$

Increasing your multiplier is the best way, there is also a list of characters with special payouts
    link is
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10296197.page

@ MaxxSpider
    Its not your comment that irks me, its that gosh darn avatar, seriously i wanna find the actor who plays that character in Trailer Park Boys and punch him in his face, he does not wear his face well, does he realize that many people suffer from eyesight problems and are very selfconcious?
    Im not saying i have that issue i just want to punch him in his face so he cant wear glasses anymore.

Also your comment is mildly funny but unnecessary, kinda like Adam Sandlers current career funny that he still has a career, unnecessary to make movies so frequently, thankfully your not annoying orange levels of commenting. (Whoever made that video deserves a special place in the middle of nowhere, specifically nowhere)
  • wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    00becker wrote:
    Tips for increasing cash flow:
    Do not bet at Springfield Downs

I don't know about that. I bet the best odds, and I seem to win about 50% of the time, if not more. The initial $2000 is an investment to make $6000.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    uhhhhh, you're winning exactly 50% of the time. (which is like not doing anything). Whereas I bet on Wolves all the time, which makes me an idiot..... or, rather, it means that I'm using "a system." Mostly, the only reason to be at the dog track is it's an important part of the Springfield lifestyle. If you don't feel that way, then don't, because I doubt anyone "wins" there in the long run.
  • wiedmannaj
    1125 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    uhhhhh, you're winning exactly 50% of the time. (which is like not doing anything). Whereas I bet on Wolves all the time, which makes me an idiot..... or, rather, it means that I'm using "a system." Mostly, the only reason to be at the dog track is it's an important part of the Springfield lifestyle. If you don't feel that way, then don't, because I doubt anyone "wins" there in the long run.
    If you win $6000 for every $4000 spent, then it certainly is not like not doing anything. Plus, you get XP regardless of whether it is a win or loss.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    okay, once again with the "math." fine. it sure didn't ever feel like that lowest $ bet was taking me anywhere. we do live in an XP world now, though, which is the real reason I'm still at the track.

also, if tapping Bob doesn't float your boat, and you're looking for an alternate way to go insane, try setting all the 45 second jobs at the same time so they run in a continuous circuit with you cycling through to the beginning over and over as soon as you get done with the previous minute's fun. Ah, the memories. Actually, I don't know how that'd work anymore with the new job window system.
  • jpatt62478
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    What worked for me has been years of playing, checking in every 3 or 4 hours depending on what the event times are for the particular event going on for the week or month, and building every thing that cost cash as soon as I had enough. Then I was able to actually save money up with a ton of buildings to collect every day. So basically you are poor until you finish building everything that costs cash and start the new level grind/climb....
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I prefer to set characters to the shortest tasks I can depending on how often I can check in and reset them. Such as when I'm off and can get to it each hour, I use one hour tasks. Overnight I use 8 hour tasks, etc. And I try to get every building up and paying as soon as possible. Premium items help out tremendously if you can swing it. And visit every friend every day if possible. Every little bit helps.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.