EA Forums - Banner

Social battles

Replies

• Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I kinda like this new style of earning new content. It prevents the users who obtained donuts through illegal means to simply rush and grab and rewards those who put in the daily commitment to what will eventually be a very rare prize. Doubt it will be offered later for donuts. Want it? Then you must play daily - show your neighbors that you are a dedicated Tapper. Good luck everyone. We'll have to create a poll afterwards to see how many obtained the last social prize (which has an awesome animation btw).

Be careful spending so much time on top of soap boxes, you might fall.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I think there's a glitch in the friend battle system. It's still not working and at this point it's been at 28 hours.

Seriously getting annoyed with this! :evil:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • notDepressed
    286 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm up to 9 completed but only learned about the fight club trick today to double each set of 3 by using 2 devices. So max of 6 per day as long as it isn't patched.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I think there's a glitch in the friend battle system. It's still not working and at this point it's been at 28 hours.

Mine took a bit longer than 28 hrs. to reset, AJ... so hopefully yours will be here quite soon. :-)
    Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • Johnny2bd
    680 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm up to 9 completed but only learned about the fight club trick today to double each set of 3 by using 2 devices. So max of 6 per day as long as it isn't patched.

I could have swore you were looking down your nose at people for using exploits to get ahead in the game like all of 30 minutes ago. I must have imagined it.
  • johncolombo
    11503 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    I'm up about 35 hours. Can't do neighbor fight
    :shock:
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • AtomikHooligan
    14 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'm up about 35 hours. Can't do neighbor fight
    :shock:
    28 Hours, this is so stupid :\
  • AtomikHooligan
    14 posts
    edited June 2016

PM Me ;)
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I hope they make it so that all players can get the prices and not just those who wake up in the middle of the night to make sure that they don't waste more than 25 hours after they last battled....
  • xenedar
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Constant, repeated crashes when visiting friend towns. Constant.
    Easily replicated. Happens more often than it doesn't.
    Even if I manage to get into someone's town, it will crash while I'm just panning across their town.
    This is extremely not good, considering how important to the game the social visiting thing is.
    This needs to be fixed.
  • nutty31383286
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    Question for anyone out there who may have lost one of their social battles...

I'm curious if the same type of strategy can be applied to the social battles (i.e., in your friend's towns) as that which can be used in the hero battles (i.e., in your town). If you lose a hero battle, you get the 'loss' reward but the felons remain so you can just go back to get the 'win' reward afterwards (essentially, your double-dipping from the same felon group to maximize event currency).

In regards to the social battles, it's not so much the event currency that I'm interested in, but the social prize track (e.g., you need 10 'fists' to unlock the first prize). Do these 'fists' refer to wins or simply to battles (i.e., get credit whether win or lose)? Does losing a social battle 'eat-up' one of the three neighbor actions (i.e., do the felons remain so that I can heal-up and go at them again without losing another neighbor action)? It would be great if we could increase our daily take from the social battles, but I'm pretty sure I'm just clutching at straws over here...
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Kind of disappointed you can only do 3 battles per 24 hours :thumbdown:
  • rockyb2006
    755 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It's definitely glitched. I got the notice that I completed my first social battle when I was completing my THIRD social battle. Does that mean I can't play another battle after my third battle even though it should be my first battle? I might loose a whole day!
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I did my 3 yesterday and I did one right off the bat today since fighting a friend was my daily task for today.
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    I also got the friend battle as a daily task for today. Haven't had any issues with crashing/freezing while tapping my town or in friends towns.

Hopefully you that are experiencing issues will have them resolved soon. Keep calm and tap on!
  • matt777jam77
    243 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Johnny2bd wrote:

I could have swore you were looking down your nose at people for using exploits to get ahead in the game like all of 30 minutes ago. I must have imagined it.

Yeah that was pretty pathetic
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

Mine took a bit longer than 28 hrs. to reset, AJ... so hopefully yours will be here quite soon. :-)
    I didn't wait. It was already late.

I checked in today and it worked, but it was probably more than 30 hours after my first round.

I'm not fighting 3 battles at once. I'm letting them heal which takes 2 hours and then fighting more rounds. I hope that doesn't screw up the clock.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • dave_815
    8 posts
    edited June 2016
    Question for anyone out there who may have lost one of their social battles...

I'm curious if the same type of strategy can be applied to the social battles (i.e., in your friend's towns) as that which can be used in the hero battles (i.e., in your town). If you lose a hero battle, you get the 'loss' reward but the felons remain so you can just go back to get the 'win' reward afterwards (essentially, your double-dipping from the same felon group to maximize event currency).

In regards to the social battles, it's not so much the event currency that I'm interested in, but the social prize track (e.g., you need 10 'fists' to unlock the first prize). Do these 'fists' refer to wins or simply to battles (i.e., get credit whether win or lose)? Does losing a social battle 'eat-up' one of the three neighbor actions (i.e., do the felons remain so that I can heal-up and go at them again without losing another neighbor action)? It would be great if we could increase our daily take from the social battles, but I'm pretty sure I'm just clutching at straws over here...

You can only do 3 a day doesn't matter if you win or lose them. There no second tries.
  • nutty31383286
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    dave_815 wrote:
    You can only do 3 a day doesn't matter if you win or lose them. There no second tries.

That is what I was figured, but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the response.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The three battles reset all at once one day after you started your neighbor visits.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.