EA Forums - Banner

Do you favor visual tasks EVERY time?

4junk3000
5301 posts Member
I used to. Have so many favorites. I'm doing hourly tasks right now to replenish cash stocks though. Once I get through a few good KEM rounds I'll set them back to my favorites.

Except:
Babysitter bandit is on 24hr at BDH
Lizard Lisa? is on 4hr - love that skin and her screams
"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    This is a question to initiate discussion about how we reassign the characters. I'll explain...

After a full collection from my town, i used to reassign chars based on when i knew i would next log in. It i was going to log in again in 5 hours, I'd set everyone on 4 hr tasks. This maximized their earning power.

Once i got to 100 chars and had a good bonus rate to maintain my cash level, i abandoned this practice and switched to 12hr cycles focusing on am/pm consistently. Now i just do 24s, and pay no attention to time.

Today i set everyone on their longest visible task. I've never done this. The town is full of busy people!! It looks hilarious.

Does anyone else do this as their usual routine? It takes a while but its so funny!

I can certainly understand the visual appeal of this approach and it sounds tempting, but I’m just too lazy to adopt it. I know it’s horribly inefficient in terms of earning money, but I generally use the Unemployment Office to send characters out on tasks.
  • TriplicateGirl
    64 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I typically just use the 12 hour tasks, too lazy to do all the visual.
  • lotusmantisx
    164 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've pretty much followed the same path. Would be cool if they made a "send all on visual tasks" type thing for the unemployment office.
  • Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    I typically just use the 12 hour tasks, too lazy to do all the visual.

This is what I usually do as well. Sometimes I'll send them on 4hr tasks while I'm at work. Then a 12 hr before bed, though I do always send Crazy Cat Lady cat bowling because its so funny.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've actually been planning on doing this for about a month or so. I'm just waiting to hit the level cap and I can go back to enjoying the game instead of building freaking KEMs.
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I mostly send everyone on the same task each time, and each one is specific to the character and not any particular length of time.
    Lately, I've been into dual tasks and each one I'm referring to is visible.
    I either lean towards my favorite visible task for each character or I use that character to animate a building that I like.
    I also especially enjoy tasks on benches.

Some of my favorite dual tasks are:

Homer and Marge taking a romantic stroll (5 hr)
    Selma and Jub Jub (6 hr)
    Ginger chasing Ned (10 hr)
    Burns riding the lawyer (16 hr)
    Helen and Rev. Lovejoy worshiping (20 hr)
    Rod and Todd on a seesaw (4 hr)
    Amber running from Abe (10 hr)
    Kodos and Kang chortle (16 hr)
    Seamus and Willie fighting (2 hr)
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    24 hours, unless it is an event that needs timing. I don't really care about visual tasks, I'm either sleeping or working, so I don't care about visuals.

Only exception is if it is a new character/skin and I'm curious.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I set everyone I can on visible tasks and those that don't have them wander, except for Lucille B who animates the nightmare house and the wise guy at the Sequel store. I takes some time but I feel it's worth it and a big part of the fun of the game. My town always looks crazy busy.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • ForumNerds
    2465 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    This icon was in the files when the Job Manager was first hinted at. It seems to be a button to send all on animated jobs

Tapped_Out_Job_Manager_Animated_Jobs.png

Obviously, they didn't release it.

I don't know how they would implement it anyway. Would it automatically set characters on their longest animated job?

Or would it be something where I'd first select a task-length and say "send visible" and it would only assign characters to that task-length IF they had visible tasks at that task-length, and leave everyone else unassigned, and then I'd select another task-length and do the same thing?

Maybe they tested it and discovered it was a good idea, but it had too much potential to blow up. :(
  • DrumminBeard
    182 posts
    edited June 2016
    In general, I use the crap out of the Unemployment Office to assign. I play this game for several hours a day, and it allows me to do 4hr tasks while I'm at work (my lunch happens right in the middle of my 8 hour shifts), then 1hr tasks for a while (usually 4-6x per evening), then either an 8 or 12hr task for sleeping.

This is more out of convenience than any aesthetic desire. When I do assign for aesthetic, I choose to animate buildings far more than using outdoor animations. In fact, the only times I set characters on tasks longer than 12hrs is for this reason.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the tiny minority regarding all of this.
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ForumNerds wrote:
    This icon was in the files when the Job Manager was first hinted at. It seems to be a button to send all on animated jobs

Tapped_Out_Job_Manager_Animated_Jobs.png

Obviously, they didn't release it.

I don't know how they would implement it anyway. Would it automatically set characters on their longest animated job?

Or would it be something where I'd first select a task-length and say "send visible" and it would only assign characters to that task-length IF they had visible tasks at that task-length, and leave everyone else unassigned, and then I'd select another task-length and do the same thing?

Maybe they tested it and discovered it was a good idea, but it had too much potential to blow up. :(

Awww they need to activate that!

I'd enable it as a filter. Tap that first, then as you use the UI Office to send jobs, only the visible tasks commence for that time period.

So you first choose 24, send them, then choose 12, then 8, then 4, then 1 until everyone is working except those without visible tasks. Switch the filter off, then send the stragglers indoors for 24.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited June 2016
    I mostly send everyone on the same task each time, and each one is specific to the character and not any particular length of time.
    Lately, I've been into dual tasks and each one I'm referring to is visible.
    I either lean towards my favorite visible task for each character or I use that character to animate a building that I like.
    I also especially enjoy tasks on benches.

Some of my favorite dual tasks are:

Homer and Marge taking a romantic stroll (5 hr)
    Selma and Jub Jub (6 hr)
    Ginger chasing Ned (10 hr)
    Burns riding the lawyer (16 hr)
    Helen and Rev. Lovejoy worshiping (20 hr)
    Rod and Todd on a seesaw (4 hr)
    Amber running from Abe (10 hr)
    Kodos and Kang chortle (16 hr)
    Seamus and Willie fighting (2 hr)

I agree and do the same thing. One of my more recent favorite dual tasks is Lucius Sweet's "Promote Fight" with Tatum in the background. This is in front of the courthouse, so I like to include Abe Lincoln's "Give Address" along with Miss Springfield's "Open an Event", with Lucius and Tatum. Quimby also has a visual task at the courthouse, but he overlaps with Lucius and it doesn't look good. So I don't general use Quimby. But I do like to create the scene, so to speak, with as many other visual character tasks as I can include. I include Jessica Lovejoy's "Disgrace Local Landmark" and any character with a sign that is close by.

I also really like watching Seamus and Willie fight. Kodos and Kang chortle is fine, but didn't it used to be linked to the Victorian UFO? I thought it used to always take them there and no longer does anymore.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I assign tasks based on my schedule. However, there are some tasks I would definitely use more often if I could.

Any of Kang's tasks. He's my favorite character and his probe Homer task is hilarious, but usually can't be used as Homer is doing stuff in SH or for events.

Sebastian Cobb's Ride the hoverboard is awesome and I wish I could force him to do it in my Wild West area!

I love Sideshow Bob's meet his raker task and it's only 60 minutes, so not that much of a time commitment.
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    bradyc79 wrote:
    Kodos and Kang chortle is fine, but didn't it used to be linked to the Victorian UFO? I thought it used to always take them there and no longer does anymore.

I originally bought Kodos and Kang ONLY for this animation and I really wish EA would fix the chortle task. I thought it was just me that was having the problem.
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited June 2016
    I've pretty much followed the same path. Would be cool if they made a "send all on visual tasks" type thing for the unemployment office.
    yeah it would be. Now if only. SLH had a visual task. Maggie's outside wandering unsupervised more than he is
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!