EA Forums - Banner

Anyone else really struggling with this event?

Prev1
stephtog
491 posts Member
I'm finding it pretty easy to be honest.

The fight system is simple. I look at the icon colours and remember "POG"
Purple beats Orange. Orange beats Green. Green beats Purple.
When you're fighting in your own city it's very easy to predict the outcome of a battle. If you have opponents (2 green, one purple) - setup your own to be two orange, one green. Fight until the two green are dead and then switch to the green guy for the last felon.

When you're fighting in your town some people are playing to "lose", - ie , lose as many as you can before winning so that you get as many rewards as possible. But only do this if you understand the fighting system well enough-- ie practice winning first!

In your own town, when your fighters are dead, don't heal them. If you can't fight all of the felons at once it's ok, you can wait a few hours to heal and then go again. You can have up to 12 fights (i think?) pending in your town. Don't use band-aids (you will regret wasting those resources)

Same goes for neighbour fights, though those are tougher since you often don't have a choice. USE science water during those fights if you need to, to win. Don't use band-aids; again if your men are dead, you're better off waiting four hours and fighting again than healing. You only get 3 fights in a day so it doesn't matter. You can go from neighbour to neighbour as well to find a fight you know you can win, rather than picking a fight you might lose. When you're doing that, look for fights where the first two or last two are the same type-- this way you can use one fighter for two fights without switching (switching will cost you one health every time!)

.. Hope some of that helps?

Replies

• Bukka|keSamu
    620 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'm actually doing really well in this event. I'm nearing Ol' King Coal within the next 48 hours. At first I thought it was going to be a tough event to grind out but its proved to be rather easy :). I just log in 3-4x a day.
  • TriplicateGirl
    64 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've had an easy time collecting the brass knuckles, but I'm struggling with the trading cards. I'm worried that I won't be able to craft everything.
  • Johnny2bd
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I've had an easy time collecting the brass knuckles, but I'm struggling with the trading cards. I'm worried that I won't be able to craft everything.

Be sure you're visiting at least 10 friends a day. It'll help.
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Got the last character this morning, with a week to spare. Should have the last craftable tonight. Do the "lose first" strategy. You got another week still.
  • Kratos6283
    366 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Using drinks during fights instead of band-aids after fights helped me with trading cards. It seemed like I was always using them for band-aids so I could fight.

Also, pay attention to the order in which the felons will come up when you fight to position your heroes to match strength against weakness. It'll save a heart or two per battle. It adds up.

Getting Snake really helps too, so you're not always relying on Homer for your Muscle guy.
  • Fhfjgjghjikggji
    2942 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm finding this event really easy
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    the event is going fine; what I'm struggling with is once you see the volcano base's windows as a face (on a purple orangutan), it's almost impossible to unsee that.
  • stephtog
    491 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the advice everyone - I'll keep working on the fights in my own town but it's near impossible to do the friends ones as i can only visit one and then it crashes.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    stephtog wrote:
    Thanks for the advice everyone - I'll keep working on the fights in my own town but it's near impossible to do the friends ones as i can only visit one and then it crashes.
    Fighting in your town should be sufficient, other than possibly not collecting enough trading cards.

As for the crashing when visiting neighbours, you're not alone. I've pretty much given up visiting neighbours other than for the three daily enemy battles. I'll be disappointed if I don't end up with enough trading cards as a result but I'm not restarting the game 10+ times each session just to visit a handful of neighbours.
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HisWrath wrote:
    As for the crashing when visiting neighbours, you're not alone. I've pretty much given up visiting neighbours other than for the three daily enemy battles. I'll be disappointed if I don't end up with enough trading cards as a result but I'm not restarting the game 10+ times each session just to visit a handful of neighbours.

Not sure if it applies in this event because I haven't experienced it-- but the last time I had neighbour crashing issues, I eventually noticed it was always specific neighbours that caused the crashing, so I made those that the game tended to crash on "invisible"-- and was fine from thereon. Again-- might be irrelevant but at least that was how I got around this issue last time.

The only 'bug' I have experienced this event is the one where you win a fight and then it says you lost.. but it only happened one time - so I really can't complain.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    alapalme wrote:
    HisWrath wrote:

Not sure if it applies in this event because I haven't experienced it-- but the last time I had neighbour crashing issues, I eventually noticed it was always specific neighbours that caused the crashing, so I made those that the game tended to crash on "invisible"-- and was fine from thereon. Again-- might be irrelevant but at least that was how I got around this issue last time.

The only 'bug' I have experienced this event is the one where you win a fight and then it says you lost.. but it only happened one time - so I really can't complain.

I’m by no means certain, but the sense I get from the OP’s message (and from other posters voicing the same complaint) is that for those who are affected this is a more pervasive problem — i.e., it seems to occur for most if not all neighbors visited.
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I’m by no means certain, but the sense I get from the OP’s message (and from other posters voicing the same complaint) is that for those who are affected this is a more pervasive problem — i.e., it seems to occur for most if not all neighbors visited.

You're probably right, but worth checking just in case!
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited June 2016
    This event is pretty easy but the lock ups while visiting friends and on my own town is insanely maddening. :twisted:
  • gco1020
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Actually, I am finding most of this event pretty easy. I will get the final prize tomorrow. The only difficult thing is the timing the social visits. There are certain days I cannot login and if we need to 3 each day and cannot make it up, then I will not got the final social prize.
  • johncolombo
    11300 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    stephtog wrote:
    Is it just me?

I can't visit neighbours as it crashed EVERY TIME and I can't get my head round the complicated fight system.

I'm so far behind and confused I'm close to saying it's worse than the Easter that shall not be named!!!

Rant over!!! :mrgreen:

I'm sailing through pretty easy, sorry you are not. I had trouble with the fights in the beginning.
    Check out the strategy thread, it helped me.

Good luck!
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    fights are easy enough since its just rock, paper, scissors where you get to see their picks ahead of time. Social fights are a pain in the rear just because I have to constantly check throughout the day to see if it will allow to do a fight.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11470 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    fights are easy enough since its just rock, paper, scissors where you get to see their picks ahead of time. Social fights are a pain in the rear just because I have to constantly check throughout the day to see if it will allow to do a fight.
    just do the 1st fight and do Other SF's near each other. when you open your friend list, check OSF's timer and you'll see when it'll be time for another fight. easy
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • stephtog
    491 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    alapalme wrote:
    HisWrath wrote:

Yep, this ^^
    Just hope I don't lose neighbours - if any of them are watching, I am playing, honest!!

You've all been lovely with your advice btw
  • TolerancEJ
    94 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It's taking forever to progress on the social battle prizes. I can only battle 1 or 2 friends per day.
  • sara_s200053
    189 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    TolerancEJ wrote:
    It's taking forever to progress on the social battle prizes. I can only battle 1 or 2 friends per day.
    You are alowedonky 3 friend battles every24 hours . Kdep fighting daily!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!