EA Forums - Banner

Crashing Visiting Friends

Yes.

Replies

• IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes.

Finding that it helps some if I clear Web data each time before I enter the game.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • LawrenceCohen
    3800 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yes.
  • DC_Sigsig
    37 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah me too. :hunf:
  • GlennButteral
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    No crash here, but with about 2/3rd of my friends, I get the message that they have newer content than me and that I should update.

However, there is no update....
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    No crash here, but with about 2/3rd of my friends, I get the message that they have newer content than me and that I should update.

However, there is no update....
    Go to the App Store or Play store and update from there.
  • Orkhun
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    Same problem here :( game crashing whenever visiting a friends town and it's really annoying now with event quests require you to visit friend towns, there isn't a solution for the problem either and this problem should be on top priority to be solved as it's effecting the event and game play
  • laurarobin44
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    I was having this problem as well. Also, I just had it crash in the middle of a fight in a friends Springfeild! :thumbdown: Not cool.
  • ostentatior
    22 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    crashes all the time when visiting neighbors... please make it so you can at least buy the villan prizes!!!!
  • Patigg
    18 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yep, it's infuriating. And just today it's now started crashing randomly when I'm just in my own town.

Between having to basically delete and reinstall the game every single time there's an update even though I have plenty of space on my phone, to now this constant crashing, TSTO is becoming near impossible to play.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    This is by far the most unstable event I've experienced. I'm unable to visit neighbors without crashing, usually both going and returning. Same thing when traveling from neighbor to neighbor. I also have regular crashes within my own town.

I have the same issues on both my iPad and iPhone 6. I've never had anything remotely this bad in any previous event and I'm getting a little annoyed. I hope someone's looking into this.
  • AKEMICHAN01
    10 posts
    edited June 2016
    I'm with everyone else. I'm Having the worst time trying to visit my friends. I basically can't get into my friends towns. The one I could get into all I was able to do was one battle and then the game crashed.

Will you please fix this so I can visit other Springfields?

Thanks!
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HisWrath wrote:
    This is by far the most unstable event I've experienced. I'm unable to visit neighbors without crashing, usually both going and returning. Same thing when traveling from neighbor to neighbor. I also have regular crashes within my own town.

I have the same issues on both my iPad and iPhone 6. I've never had anything remotely this bad in any previous event and I'm getting a little annoyed. I hope someone's looking into this.
    Forgot to mention the lag is pretty bad too.
  • stephtog
    491 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yep, me too - no chance of getting all the prizes and I'm not wasting my paid for doughnuts because EA can't put an event out properly!!
  • mentalgirl12
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    It started with the Wild West event, where whenever I tried to visit friends, suddenly it took forever to go from friend to friend. Now I am getting bounced out of the program and back to my home screen whenever I again try to visit certain friends. But the worst thing is that today when I was assigned the daily task to go and fight a friend, the program takes me to the "friend overview" but no matter who I choose to visit, it bounces me right out to the home screen. So how am I supposed to complete these daily tasks if it won't let me in to fight my friends?
  • fathomdepths
    2 posts
    edited June 2016
    Same here. My iPad Air will crash and reboot the iOS. Then if I don't do a real reboot following that crash, everything runs really slow in TSTO. And I guarantee will crash even sooner because of that.
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited June 2016
    I was crashing a lot until someone suggested to close any apps that running in the background. I had a few apps that I didn't use we're updating in the background. Finally I played a whole day without any problems.
  • Jahmeso
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    Yeah my game crashes every time I go to friend's town to battle (superheroes event 2016). I hope EA compensate our setback and loss of time trying to fully complete this event. I find it utterly frustrating. :evil:
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm finding that it crashes less if I use the arrow feature in the top left to navigate to the next friends town when I'm collecting cards and brass knuckles. Also, I tap the 3 criminals first (before battle) in the town I'm going to battle. Still some crashing, but not as bad.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    65Malibu wrote:
    I was crashing a lot until someone suggested to close any apps that running in the background. I had a few apps that I didn't use we're updating in the background. Finally I played a whole day without any problems.

Yea, with this game you never want anything else running! It also helps to clear web data before you log into the game.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!