EA Forums - Banner

Congratulations to the Brexitters!!

Replies

• RMVancleav710
    3532 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't know why you guys think its going to be bad here during November elections....Liberals are either going to have a fit cause Trump made it or liberals are going to be on here celebrating that Hillary got into office....Republicans for the most part on here just kind keep there mouth shut cause liberal are generally more loud about...well...everything....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Right on Annette. Plus I liked you post about the squiggly lines. I always wanted a world without borders. Oh well, I see now we are going the opposite direction for a long time. I mean really. I need a passport to go to Canada? Toronto is closer to me by 2 hours than Manhattan. Plus the Canadian border is not a straight line and the longest border in the world. And most of it is not even marked.

So why aren't you digging out that passport and swinging up for a visit, John? Toronto + summer = awesome!
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    We need to start a Kickstarter campaign for colonising the rest of the solar system if Trump gets in. I would say I have hope in the basic common sense of Americans but I see after Thursday's fiasco common sense isn't all that common nowadays.

You're just scaremongering now. We all know immigrant aliens come from the solar system and take our homes, jobs and benefits.
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    We need to start a Kickstarter campaign for colonising the rest of the solar system if Trump gets in. I would say I have hope in the basic common sense of Americans but I see after Thursday's fiasco common sense isn't all that common nowadays.

You're just scaremongering now. We all know immigrant aliens come from the solar system and take our homes, jobs and benefits.

Well I apologise. I clearly need the money because said immigrants took said homes, jobs and benefits!
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Well I apologise. I clearly need the money because said immigrants took said homes, jobs and benefits!

No proberlumm, I just read the fax thats all so i no what iz goin on in the politics and what you think is just lies but i no the truth

JUST WAIT in 23 years the uk will be dead poweerful and have lotz of moneys for everyone

PS I aint racist right cos i got a mate who is half foreign so that proves i got tolerranse
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2016
    tommy1724 wrote:

Right on Annette. Plus I liked you post about the squiggly lines. I always wanted a world without borders. Oh well, I see now we are going the opposite direction for a long time. I mean really. I need a passport to go to Canada? Toronto is closer to me by 2 hours than Manhattan. Plus the Canadian border is not a straight line and the longest border in the world. And most of it is not even marked.

So why aren't you digging out that passport and swinging up for a visit, John? Toronto + summer = awesome!

will you be inviting me out for a drink?
    ;-)
    Thanks mate!

I accidently let my passport expire and I never seem to get around to getting it renewed, but after I made that post I thought get it renewed and go to Toronto. I've been to Montreal, that's it for me and Canada so far. Back then you just had to show your driver's licence if you were american.

However Neo owes me a drink or 50 so England may be on my list soon too.

J

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016

I would be quick to do that if I was you....
  • johncolombo
    edited June 2016
    I don't know why you guys think its going to be bad here during November elections....Liberals are either going to have a fit cause Trump made it or liberals are going to be on here celebrating that Hillary got into office....Republicans for the most part on here just kind keep there mouth shut cause liberal are generally more loud about...well...everything....

well most people don't like either candidate. You've seen this yeah?

giant-meteor-2016-bumper-sticker-2.jpg

• johncolombo
    edited June 2016

Because of the Brexit issue or the Trump issue or both?
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Because of the Brexit issue or the Trump issue or both?

Brexit. Right now the pound isn't doing well, so you'd get more for your dollars. Also, if you need connecting flights, it would be better to do it ASAP while we're still in the EU so you can get cheap travel. Once we've officially left the EU in 2018 connecting flights will be sky high, because you're no longer travelling within the same trade district.
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    tommy1724 wrote:

will you be inviting me out for a drink?
    ;-)
    Thanks mate!

I accidently let my passport expire and I never seem to get around to getting it renewed, but after I made that post I thought get it renewed and go to Toronto. I've been to Montreal, that's it for me and Canada so far. Back then you just had to show your driver's licence if you were american.

J

You bet! Since apparently England has now turned against foreigners, you'd better get Neo to just meet us here.
  • txrabbit3737
    1155 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You are an example to us all and I'm proud of your bravery and common sense.
    Kind Regards,
    A Dutchman.
    (Nexit next!)

And you are an example of a complete and utter [email protected]$$.
    Common sense? Maybe to a [email protected]$$ it is.
  • NicholasD1984
    2824 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I see your taken small bits of my posts hey. Nice.

You wrote so much I simply highlighted the important facts hey. Nice.
    HomerND84 wrote:
    The bit one companies not paying taxes properly is true I don't think you've been paying attention to the news. I've not made it up. As I said the companies who haven't been paying properly I wouldn't be surprised they would leave us.

I never once implied it wasn't true, you are simply putting words into my mouth to get your point across. I said regardless of whether companies pay their fair share of tax (that's a whole different debate, which I'm sure you'll agree with). You chose to ignore the fact people will lose their jobs - care to comment on that?

And you also failed to reply about 11,000 people potentially losing their jobs - anything to say about that?
    HomerND84 wrote:
    I don't care if it was or wasn't about eu immigrants I do agree our country is at breaking point with too many people coming here.

Well here's some good news for you sonny, France has already said we need to take control of our borders (after all, they're under no obligation to assist us now we're leaving the EU). We haven't got sufficient border control in place, so for the next 12 months and maybe longer, we'll be seeing a lot of (non EU) migrants coming in easily. Hope you enjoy those new residents you clearly hate!
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Don't forget the remain were saying a brexit would be bad for the economy. If you've been reading my posts and taking note from the news is that it'll take 2 years to leave the eu and in that time we will be negotiating new deals with other countries. So that's how I made my prediction. Anyway people were banging on about the pound falling sharply and the share index did too but it recoverd considerable too.

You say 2 years, but the EU bosses have said we need to start the process of leaving right now, instead of waiting until November when Cameron steps down - but you were aware of that, right?
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Oh and am not financial stable either so don't make that assumption.

But you've made assumptions about other people in this very thread, so that's hypocritical. That's unfortunate that you're not financially stable, but at least *in the future* England will be rich right? (Just in the meantime you and millions of others will be broke)
    [/quote]

If I make spelling mistakes then am sorry. I've had eye drops in and my vision is blur.

People will lose jobs if these companies decide to leave but there could be a chance of some given the opportunity to relocate to wherever their companies desire.
    The steel industry and the 11,000 people. If it's the Tata situation there are bidders who are interested. A couple are at an advance stage to save the company.

As for the artical 50 thing and taking 2 years to complete is correct. I know you said that the eu want the artical 50 triggering now but it will still take 2 years because of the time it takes to do negotiations with other countries and the eu. It may even take longer but a minimum of 2 years.

As saying it mill be a wast of money it will be. It cost £142.4 million. So with the current economic climate being bad do you think another £142.4m would be worth it? And if there was another cos someone didn't like that result have another. That would be £427.2m. Don't you think that would be better of spent something better? Why can't people just respect the decision and move on and look to the future.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes, I agree Nick. It's also time for the media to start being positive too.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016

It’s not the media’s job to be positive.
  • NicholasD1984
    2824 posts Member
    edited June 2016

This is where there is some scaremongering comes from.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Why can't people just respect the decision and move on and look to the future.

Quite a few people see the Brexit decision as one having disastrous short- and long-term consequences for Britain, Europe, and perhaps even the world. Maybe, as you theorize, they’re completely wrong, but it’s seems a bit naive to expect people to not discuss the referendum results in those terms — especially in light of the recent market upheavals.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:

The purpose of objective journalism is (or at least should be, in my view) to provide facts and information to citizens who can then make their own judgment. If you want to call that “scaremongering” then so be it. It should not be the job of journalism to spoon feed the populace bland pleasantries that make them feel good about themselves. Sadly, that species of advocacy journalism is all too common these days.
  • NicholasD1984
    2824 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Why can't people just respect the decision and move on and look to the future.

Quite a few people see the Brexit decision as one having disastrous short- and long-term consequences for Britain, Europe, and perhaps even the world. Maybe, as you theorize, they’re completely wrong, but it’s seems a bit naive to expect people to not discuss the referendum results in those terms — especially in light of the recent market upheavals.

I say that bit because people want another referendum. So if there was and some may not like that outcome then maybe more. So as I say why not respect the outcome and move on.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• NicholasD1984
    2824 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:

The purpose of objective journalism is (or at least should be, in my view) to provide facts and information to citizens who can then make their own judgment. If you want to call that “scaremongering” then so be it. It should not be the job of journalism to spoon feed the populace bland pleasantries that make them feel good about themselves. Sadly, that species of advocacy journalism is all too common these days.

Sometimes the facts can be wrong so with the wrong information people make wrong assumptions. And I have seen bias too in the media where they Should be unbiased.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!