EA Forums - Banner

Congratulations to the Brexitters!!

Replies

  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    U0ljqu4.gif
  • NicholasD1984
    2924 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    U0ljqu4.gif

    So is that how you really hurt your knee Elian not the coffee table?
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Yes, I agree Nick. It's also time for the media to start being positive too.

    It’s not the media’s job to be positive.

    This is where there is some scaremongering comes from.

    The purpose of objective journalism is (or at least should be, in my view) to provide facts and information to citizens who can then make their own judgment. If you want to call that “scaremongering” then so be it. It should not be the job of journalism to spoon feed the populace bland pleasantries that make them feel good about themselves. Sadly, that species of advocacy journalism is all too common these days.

    Sometimes the facts can be wrong so with the wrong information people make wrong assumptions. And I have seen bias too in the media where they Should be unbiased.

    Leaving aside your rather vague charge of bias, the rest of your statement makes no sense whatsoever.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Suddenly my Netflix queue's top suggestion for me is V for Vendetta. :lol::lol::lol:
    Sounds about right. Just need to slip in some Children of Men for good measure.
  • NicholasD1984
    2924 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Yes, I agree Nick. It's also time for the media to start being positive too.

    It’s not the media’s job to be positive.

    This is where there is some scaremongering comes from.

    The purpose of objective journalism is (or at least should be, in my view) to provide facts and information to citizens who can then make their own judgment. If you want to call that “scaremongering” then so be it. It should not be the job of journalism to spoon feed the populace bland pleasantries that make them feel good about themselves. Sadly, that species of advocacy journalism is all too common these days.

    Sometimes the facts can be wrong so with the wrong information people make wrong assumptions. And I have seen bias too in the media where they Should be unbiased.

    Leaving aside your rather vague charge of bias, the rest of your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

    I forgot to put in the media. Just that help know?
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    U0ljqu4.gif

    So is that how you really hurt your knee Elian not the coffee table?

    No, unlike certain politicians, i told the truth. I tweaked the image a bit to for ya...


    vOOguLC.gif
  • NicholasD1984
    2924 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    U0ljqu4.gif

    So is that how you really hurt your knee Elian not the coffee table?

    No, unlike certain politicions, i told the truth. I tweaked the image a bit to for ya...


    vOOguLC.gif

    Haha :roll:
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • NicholasD1984
    2924 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?

    Yes, you said you have had eye drops. But you write like this in every post, everyday... It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say at times.
  • NicholasD1984
    2924 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?

    Yes, you said you have had eye drops. But you write like this in every post, everyday... It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say at times.

    No I don't. Anyway how do you know about my posts. Your a new person on here or are you someone who had their account banned and started a new account?
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?

    Yes, you said you have had eye drops. But you write like this in every post, everyday... It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say at times.

    No I don't. Anyway how do you know about my posts. Your a new person on here or are you someone who had their account banned and started a new account?

    You literally do, I don't know how you can even say that. I have never had my account banned.
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    People will lose jobs if these companies decide to leave but there could be a chance of some given the opportunity to relocate to wherever their companies desire.
    The steel industry and the 11,000 people. If it's the Tata situation there are bidders who are interested. A couple are at an advance stage to save the company.

    "Could be" is exactly where the problem lies, there is nothing in place right now to secure our future. It's all very well saying things "could be" good in the future, but this is real people's lives we're talking about, right here TODAY, not in 2020 and beyond. If companies do leave (along with jobs they currently offer), how will millions of people feed their families?

    "Relocate"? Are you suggesting that it's OK if thousands of people can keep their jobs as long as they have the "opportunity" to move elsewhere? Forget their friends, family, hometown etc, they can just "relocate".
    HomerND84 wrote:
    As saying it mill be a wast of money it will be. It cost £142.4 million. So with the current economic climate being bad do you think another £142.4m would be worth it? And if there was another cos someone didn't like that result have another. That would be £427.2m. Don't you think that would be better of spent something better? Why can't people just respect the decision and move on and look to the future.

    I never said a referendum would be a "wast of money", you are making up lies to prove your argument (the second time now). Please get your facts straight - Myself, and the rest of the Remain campaign based our votes on facts. I'm sorry if you don't do the same, but I think it's a pretty big deal.

    I actually said Scotland should have a second referendum because in 2014 they voted to stay in a UK that is not the same UK as it is today - do you understand that? And yes, I do think £142 million is a very small price to pay if it means Scotland can secure it's own future. According to your Leave campaign that's less than we pay the EU in just 3 days (£350 million every 7 days). You keep saying in the future we'll be okay, so what is just 3 days of EU money right? Exactly, peanuts.

    I find it strange that you can talk about the "economic climate being bad" and money being "spent on something better", while excusing potential job losses. That makes no sense and is yet another contradiction.

    What's your stance on France wanting us to protect our own borders meaning an influx of non-EU migrants could flood the UK in the next year because we haven't got strong enough border controls in place right now?
    What's your stance on the potential loss of manual jobs and less homes being built due to investment in the housing sector being halved?
  • NicholasD1984
    2924 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?

    Yes, you said you have had eye drops. But you write like this in every post, everyday... It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say at times.

    No I don't. Anyway how do you know about my posts. Your a new person on here or are you someone who had their account banned and started a new account?

    You literally do, I don't know how you can even say that. I have never had my account banned.

    So you are someone from the past. If you didn't have a past account why start a new one?
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?

    Yes, you said you have had eye drops. But you write like this in every post, everyday... It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say at times.

    No I don't. Anyway how do you know about my posts. Your a new person on here or are you someone who had their account banned and started a new account?

    You literally do, I don't know how you can even say that. I have never had my account banned.

    So you are someone from the past. If you didn't have a past account why start a new one?

    Because I deleted my old account myself, so figured I'd make a new one. Anyway, back on the topic at hand
  • NicholasD1984
    2924 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?

    Yes, you said you have had eye drops. But you write like this in every post, everyday... It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say at times.

    No I don't. Anyway how do you know about my posts. Your a new person on here or are you someone who had their account banned and started a new account?

    You literally do, I don't know how you can even say that. I have never had my account banned.

    So you are someone from the past. If you didn't have a past account why start a new one?

    Because I deleted my old account myself, so figured I'd make a new one. Anyway, back on the topic at hand
    Then who was your old account?
    My friend list is full

    Live life to the full

    Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • MrWindermere
    1698 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Just that help know?

    This is the funniest thing I've seen online this week - thanks for the laughs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

    Didn't you read the bit on my eye sight at the top of my statement?

    Yes, you said you have had eye drops. But you write like this in every post, everyday... It's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say at times.

    No I don't. Anyway how do you know about my posts. Your a new person on here or are you someone who had their account banned and started a new account?

    You literally do, I don't know how you can even say that. I have never had my account banned.

    So you are someone from the past. If you didn't have a past account why start a new one?

    Because I deleted my old account myself, so figured I'd make a new one. Anyway, back on the topic at hand
    Then who was your old account?

    Completely irrelevant, this is a discussion about politics and the future of the UK. So back on topic, I've just replied your lengthy post and I'd love to hear your opinions
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Why can't people just respect the decision and move on and look to the future.

    Quite a few people see the Brexit decision as one having disastrous short- and long-term consequences for Britain, Europe, and perhaps even the world. Maybe, as you theorize, they’re completely wrong, but it’s seems a bit naive to expect people to not discuss the referendum results in those terms — especially in light of the recent market upheavals.

    I say that bit because people want another referendum. So if there was and some may not like that outcome then maybe more. So as I say why not respect the outcome and move on.

    Frankly, I think these sorts of single-issue, national (or large-scale) popular votes are almost always a bad idea. People are far too easily swayed by appeals to emotion. It’s one of the rationales for adopting a representative democracy. That said, what’s the logic behind stopping the referendum process now? Are you taking that position simply because the outcome of this most recent one was one that you wanted? The choice of where to stop seems rather arbitrary, doesn’t it?
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Why can't people just respect the decision and move on and look to the future.

    Quite a few people see the Brexit decision as one having disastrous short- and long-term consequences for Britain, Europe, and perhaps even the world. Maybe, as you theorize, they’re completely wrong, but it’s seems a bit naive to expect people to not discuss the referendum results in those terms — especially in light of the recent market upheavals.

    I say that bit because people want another referendum. So if there was and some may not like that outcome then maybe more. So as I say why not respect the outcome and move on.

    Frankly, I think these sorts of single-issue, national (or large-scale) popular votes are almost always a bad idea. People are far too easily swayed by appeals to emotion. It’s one of the rationales for adopting a representative democracy. That said, what’s the logic behind stopping the referendum process now? Are you taking that position simply because the outcome of this most recent one was one that you wanted? The choice of where to stop seems rather arbitrary, doesn’t it?

    I thought the same thing...
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    HomerND84 wrote:
    Yes, I agree Nick. It's also time for the media to start being positive too.

    It’s not the media’s job to be positive.

    This is where there is some scaremongering comes from.

    The purpose of objective journalism is (or at least should be, in my view) to provide facts and information to citizens who can then make their own judgment. If you want to call that “scaremongering” then so be it. It should not be the job of journalism to spoon feed the populace bland pleasantries that make them feel good about themselves. Sadly, that species of advocacy journalism is all too common these days.

    I was not talking about spoon feeding, nor did I mention that. I'm was talking about a situation where a vote has been cast, in a legal, binding democratic way. Yes of course people discuss it and argue about it, that's human nature.
    But the media should be rallying round, and don't give me it isn't the medias job to be positive. Because they've done it many times, got the nation together when it's been in turmoil.

    I was expecting the pound and shares to drop if we got out, I'm expecting it to be hard for a while, but I look at situations long term. it's natural that this would happen. No one said it was going to be easy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.