EA Forums - Banner

Screen freezing, Locking up, and general sluggish performance

If you have a monorail system set up in your town, detach all the rails to the stations. Helped me. I still get disconnected at times, but not as bad as when I still had my monorail running, and it will also help to reduce the lag.

Replies

• davidbroad71
    3 posts
    edited June 2016
    This update has made my game crash nearly constantly. Detaching the monorail made no difference for me...

But I am having success in being fully zoomed in. The crashing only seems to occur when I am zoomed out. This was not the case prior to this event.

Zooming in has helped me get through the event, but it makes it harder to find and tap on criminals.
  • insecthero89
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    My game was crashing fairly regularly since the event started (even without the Monorail,) but with the newest update, it crashes ALL THE TIME, sometimes within seconds of starting. I'll try zooming in, but this is ridiculous.
  • helpmewomba
    8 posts
    edited June 2016
    My game was fine before the western update then the crashing started when I zoomed out to catch bandits or go to my friends town but it was still playable.now the superhero update comes along and the game turns on I can get either one battle or tap a few criminals or check the quest tab but all I get is one action then the game freezes and turns off. I've been playing in 1 min intervals and its stupid :( I guess by the next update I won't be able to turn it on .this is one of my favorite games I play daily and it sucks not to be able to play.I've already contacted ea twice about another issue about the game I haven't been able to purchase anything for over a year and a half without the game crashing but I just figured it's prob better I don't give them my money. I've seen other people are having these issues .This is a pretty popular game hop on it ea this game has five stars on amazon why wouldn't you take care of it properly :?
  • cokewithvanilla
    55 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The game appears to have problems staying connected to the server and will boot you when it can't update your progress, I wish EA could somehow figure this out as it has been an ongoing issue with Tapped Out for a long time.
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Been getting worse. Just went into the game first time today, and got booted. Went back in, and can barely move the screen. Freezing up constantly now. Even have my monorail tracks to the stations unhooked, and that 's not helping. Trying to get all the prizes ain't gonna happen for me. Though, i'm glad I waited on those expensive Gil deals. I got Teddy Roosevelt and happy with him and the new water fall park system, but 200 donuts is still no walk in the park. This event has gone to pot. Hope California votes the real measure into law. Will be the first in line at the pot store the day it becomes legal.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.