EA Forums - Banner

What's the best 4th of July item? And is Gil's deal worth it?

13Next

Replies

• 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    So with the 4th of July items returning to the store, what one is the best bang for your buck? I am thinking about getting some but can't decide which one to get. Also, is the new Gil Deal worth it? Or is 200 donuts too much?

Is the Gil deal worth it? Well, the standard multiplier to doughnuts ratio is 20 doughnuts per bonus %, so a multiplier of 5% should normally cost 100 doughnuts. Knowing you'll often pay a premium for limited time or 'cool' items (ie. Springfield sign, golf course, whale, etc.), assuming the standard multiplier pricing for the park is generous but we're talking about worth and not price strategies. So you get a 100 doughnut multiplier value and pay 100 doughnuts for Teddy Roosevelt and a deco. Not bad pricing, but not the greatest either - you might reasonably pay 100 doughnuts for a limited time single character, but you can often pay 100-150 doughnuts for a character/building combo so it's down to personal preference. On the other hand, it's a Gil deal. Gil 'deals' are usually anything but, and for a Gil offer it's positively cheap (think of the Asylum at 200 doughnuts for a building).

As for the best value for the Fourth of July items - Rex and the diner are 100 doughnuts, a good price for a combo with a full task list and a joint visible 8-hour task with Ned. All American Apu is 30 doughnuts, a cheap premium skin (no idea about the task list though as I haven't bought him, and Old Failthless is 40 doughnuts for 2%, a standard multiplier cost.
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    simp7fan wrote:
    jaztee123 wrote:
    Anyone have a picture of the Gil deal in their Springfield? I'd like to know just how big this thing is before I buy it.

aCm7YaVl.jpg

Here it is near SF falls for comparison.
    That looks like a great opportunity to use the dirt path.

Definitely. I've just switched over to dirt!
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Regarding the Gil deal...for 200 donuts I expected Teddy to be voiced. Perhaps futurely.
  • hrcanejane365
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For those of you that have Lincoln and Washington, do they have tasks? I can't decide whether I want both or just one of them.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    does the holo flag have a multiplier?

No multiplier, but it's cheap and cool.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For those of you that have Lincoln and Washington, do they have tasks? I can't decide whether I want both or just one of them.

Yes, they both have jobs. 2 visuals for George, 3 for Abe.
    George: chop down cherry tree. 12 hr
    Hunt for Jebidiah 24 hr

Abe: Give public address. 4 hr
    Split rails. 8 hr
    Blend in. 24 hr
  • iliketoannoyyou
    291 posts
    edited June 2016
    4junk3000 wrote:
    NuclearPip wrote:
    Might actually get the Gil deal if I could. Come on EA fix this!

I find this totally infuriating. My game crashed as soon as Gil appeared on the screen, so I didn't even have an opportunity to snatch Teddy, and I have every other President. Gaaah! Tech support just said that "the studio" is responsible for all Gil deal timing and they have no influence whatsoever.

Anyway. Whine. Gimme my founder of the national park system!

This is crap. I say, let's start a movement. No, not the bowel kind. Everyone on the forum send in a ticket saying your game crashed and you're wanting another crack at buying the Gil deal. Even if you don't actually want it. They don't have to know, and you're entitled to change your mind. Twice.

Please see my poll thread!!

If every forum member did it they would have to notice.
    I'm starting by sending mine now.

WHO'S WITH MEEeeeeeeeeeeeee!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNboGnWeRrw8hwcizF0zEZ0HoUSamv3f6PUNhmtHXtG1LpBQSD
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    What are Teddy's visual tasks? Anyone have a screen capture? And what are the lengths?
  • Shirtless_Willie
    895 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    What are Teddy's visual tasks? Anyone have a screen capture? And what are the lengths?

He has 3 visual tasks.

give a speech - 1 hour
    lead the charge - 8 hours
    go hunting - 24 hours

Speech is locked as part of his quest line so I haven't seen that. I did go hunting, but I placed the park at the edge of SH and didn't even notice the hunting task was visual when I sent him to do it. Lead the charge is him running around with his sword drawn.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.