EA Forums - Banner

Could the developers please update us on the lag/crashing issue?

In the time I've been playing I don't think there has been one instance of there being a community update on these issues.

It's no fun but during some events lag and crashes just get more prevalent. Nothing we can do but wait and hope it'll get patched during the event/it disappears after the event.

Replies

• cokewithvanilla
    55 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The part that's confusing for me is the game runs solid as a rock on my Note 2 I can't remember the last time it crashed (which is an older device even!) but when I play it on my PC via emulator (Bluestacks or Memu) it crashes very often, it randomly drops to the homescreen when performing tasks,visiting friends towns or just scrolling through my town, All other games run great without crashing, It's only Tapped Out and my PC is very capable (i7 / 12GB RAM / R9 290X / Win 10).

The game is a little on the choppy side on the Note 2 but runs silky smooth 60fps on my PC, Go figure.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    mathesar73 wrote:
    The part that's confusing for me is the game runs solid as a rock on my Note 2 I can't remember the last time it crashed (which is an older device even!) but when I play it on my PC via emulator (Bluestacks or Memu) it crashes very often, it randomly drops to the homescreen when performing tasks,visiting friends towns or just scrolling through my town, All other games run great without crashing, It's only Tapped Out and my PC is very capable (i7 / 12GB RAM / R9 290X / Win 10).

The game is a little on the choppy side on the Note 2 but runs silky smooth 60fps on my PC, Go figure.

As much as EA Tech support would like to convince us that it's our devices, I think this is more of a server issue. I've been playing for close to 2 years on multiple devices, both android and iOS, haven't tried PC yet but sounds like it's no better.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • exvaxman960
    203 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Another note2 user here. Rock solid, fast switching between friends.
    Game is useless on ipad2 due to crashing and being so sloooooow.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Another note2 user here. Rock solid, fast switching between friends.
    Game is useless on ipad2 due to crashing and being so sloooooow.
    Curious if on your note2 if play is consistently solid or if there are times of day or during events that if fluctuates/crashes?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • exvaxman960
    203 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    On the note2 I only play during the day. However, during the day the iPad constantly crashes. So, I am assuming that there is not a difference in the hours, just the platform.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    mathesar73 wrote:

As much as EA Tech support would like to convince us that it's our devices, I think this is more of a server issue. I've been playing for close to 2 years on multiple devices, both android and iOS, haven't tried PC yet but sounds like it's no better.

I’m not saying the EA servers are totally blameless, but if it were just a server problem, wouldn’t all devices be affected more or less equally?
  • Sammicatcat
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The crashing has gotten so bad I can't really play the game. Crashes within 1 - 2 minutes of beginning to play and right away if I try to get on my friend's websites. Has anybody had any success fixing this problem?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The crashing has gotten so bad I can't really play the game. Crashes within 1 - 2 minutes of beginning to play and right away if I try to get on my friend's websites. Has anybody had any success fixing this problem?

Not that I’ve seen reported. The event is close to being two-thirds over and we have seen numerous patches/updates released. At the risk of sounding negative, if we haven’t seen a fix by now, I suspect one is unlikely to appear.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.