EA Forums - Banner

Small change that would make events SO much better!

Agreed. It's so nice once we finish the prize track and it lets us do that. Would be nicer if they had it all the time.

Replies

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Buy the Frink Criminal Bracelet Locator today! Only 10 Donuts!
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Illegal_Duck
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    While I'm all for the idea, I'm also somewhat against it. The game is almost playing itself, what with the unemployment office, then the IRS, and with the release of the wild west act, the character finder now takes you straight to completed jobs. Throw in the fact that we can free rush tasks that are nearing completion. With all that being said, I also get annoyed when I search my whole town, find one criminal, tap him and still don't get the message that I've tapped all criminals and have to go back to tedious searching.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    What's driving me even more nuts is there's no way to mark a recyling character as just being devoted to recycling, so I keep mistakenly tasking them onto something else via the job center..... or, to prevent that, spending way too much time finding them after they wander off because it's not easy to find them with the new taskbook system blocking me with all the finished stuff I don't want to tap yet. And right now Glass is stuck at 75 so I'd need to find Marge and the others and put them on a holding pattern 30 minute job at convention center or QwikEMart, but that takes too long. This added insanity is on top of all the other timing-related things events make you keep track of, which already was stretching my brain enough. So what happens is long delays in retasking everyone else at the job center, which throws a monkey wrench into the entire operation, and earnings go down. I'd stopped doing recycling for just this sort of reason, so I'm rusty and ailing at it, but every donut-getting avenue must be pursued again thanks to overspending on....The Fracker!!! whose voice I'm already tired of and it's only been like a day. He'll be on 24 hour duty a lot.
  • alapalme
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I have to disagree with the OP too. This doesn't bother me at all. I haven't cleared (in this event nor passed events) "every" fellon/prospector/etc, just whatever I happen to see while clearing / setting tasks every 4 hours. So far, in each event, I still made it to the bonuts rounds easily. So.. if you insist on clearing every last one, every single time, then I can see how this could get annoying-- but I just find I haven't really needed to. It probably would land me an extra bonuts round if I did but-- it's not that important. A minor part of the event.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Agreed. It's so nice once we finish the prize track and it lets us do that. Would be nicer if they had it all the time.

Somewhere in the middle on this one. I like being able to more easily clear out criminals and I wouldn’t complain if the conditions at the end of a prize track prevailed throughout the event, but not being able to do so isn’t all that big an annoyance.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    simp7fan wrote:

Sold!
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    This event needs a lot of changes to make it better.
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I guess it is extra annoying to me because I have bad vision, so I am struggling to see those little guys. Also - I guess it depends on how big your town is, if it's decorated or not etc.

During act 1, I got donuts once, and in act 2, I only just msde it to "round two" before the new act begun. I'm a pretty active player, but I mostly collect the event currency from battles and sending the heroes to the mansion - I have a feeling I am missing a lot of those little guys.
  • heyababy47428
    1038 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I find the roads extremely restrictive and don't use them at all except one small part of my town.
    After fighting my felon groups all the criminals in town are in that small area or near heading towards it.

My advice is delete all your roads and replace them with pavement, then make a centrally located area with roads :thumbup:

• LPNintendoITA
    11526 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    nissa762 wrote:
    simp7fan wrote:

Sold!
    that's pokemon go plus, 40€
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    nissa762 wrote:
    simp7fan wrote:

Sold!
    that's pokemon go plus, 40€

lol, buying that too as soon as they'll let me in Canada ;)
  • 4junk3000
    5333 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    DForDoink wrote:
    While I'm all for the idea, I'm also somewhat against it. The game is almost playing itself, what with the unemployment office, then the IRS, and with the release of the wild west act, the character finder now takes you straight to completed jobs. Throw in the fact that we can free rush tasks that are nearing completion. With all that being said, I also get annoyed when I search my whole town, find one criminal, tap him and still don't get the message that I've tapped all criminals and have to go back to tedious searching.

I don't know if anyone here remembers the Jetsons cartoon, but there was one episode i remember clearly where George was at work, sitting at a large console, with a single red button. And his job was to occasionally push that one button.

And after pushing it, he complained how hard his work was.

I guess we've arrived at the future!

Anyone complaining that tapping on a glass screen is "a chore" really has a distorted view of reality. Did anyone ever play the game called "hide and seek"? People actually ran around outdoors searching for people. And those people, they did not tiptoe slowly in open roads. They hid! Yes, it was actually a game, not work!

People are just too lazy today. It's kinda gross.

Here's your game, OP, you'll love it:
    s0105150_sc7?$splssku$
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!