• Deadshot_DCU
    6155 posts Moderator
    edited July 2016
    How would I rate Superheroes 2?

tojpiq.jpg
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    A'ight, but the glitches killed my chances of getting the social prizes.
  • 00becker
    446 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Overall, it's been ok.

Storyline is great. Nicely paced with some great jokes (Soilant Red :lol: ) and time to complete everything. 5/5

New content's good, some of it can be integrated into regular city planning (book store, zenith city buildings, kiosk, film items), but some of it is really random (Aqua World stuff, horse-cow) and disconnected from the storyline (EA, integrate prizes/craftables/premium purchases into the event plot please). Good selection of new stuff and many returning items (though I wish we'd had the wrecked brown house back too). Locked quests for premium purchases was fixed, but it shouldn't have happened for something that costs doughnuts in the first place. Pricing for craftables and premium items is reasonable. 4/5

Social aspect's meh. Starting goals were unreasonable, but that got fixed. But neighbour visits are all one-sided and crashing during visits is insane (I can make two visits - maybe - without crashing and as often as not my game crashes from the neighbour screen before I even select a town to visit). 2/5

Final rating, 3.5/5. I rounded up and voted 4/5 'cause I think the plot, pacing, amount of event content, and pricing were all well done and these are most important to me.
  • jerry4278
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Good event. Hated the wasted time in between acts, way too long. Also, not enough characters participated in it and where was Milhouse, he was a superhero. During the fight with Pinchy, there were no bystanders watching. Everyone knows in any event of this kind of event there are bystanders watching what is going on.
  • Roccaine
    456 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I quite liked this event, it feels like a proper sequel to the first event. But it doesn't come without its flaws, like the felon battles getting tired way to soon without adding new mechanics or other stuff to spice it up. And its also the most glitchy event to me, or even the most glitchy time period for that matter. Never before did my game constantly close on me like that.

But the good things are all the prices, a lot of free stuff with some good premium stuff on the sides. A bit of a bummer that the Bartman skin is premium though, and it feels like they could've just bundled his skin with his cave. We finally have those superhero skins from Bart and Lisa, I would've liked to have Xena as a playable character though. The storyline was rather good with a great conclusion at the end. And the overall pacing of this event felt about right, not to difficult and not to hard to finish the acts.

Overall a 4/5
  • Johnny2bd
    671 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Over all I thought it was great. I'd give it an A-

I do agree with many of the points here though, there were a number of things that kept it from being an A or an A+ event.

I hated them splitting the battles between our town vs our friends. I would have rather it been more like tap ball where we could play as much as we could based on the number of heroes/skins we received/bought.

I actually really liked most of the crafting (even the pointless little junk that other people seemed to hate) but the social battle rewards were a major let down. What was even the point in getting extra felons to battle with when we only had 3 neighbor battles a day?

They really needed to give us more of a reward for winning and less of a reward for losing. To really get and stay ahead you did need to make the most of your losses, but it really, really, REALLY drug out the fights. Playing more to win is cool, playing more to lose is just...blah. By the end of the second issue fighting had become a chore for me and not in the good 'cool, look at how many of my neighbors I beat up' sort of way.

Bonus points for them splitting the crafting from the leveling up of your fighters though. I'd just started playing when tap ball was released and barely got to craft anything because both used the same event currencies.

It was too long. I'm really over them drag out the events. I was pretty more bored with it by the time we hit act 3. Instead of a climactic end, it felt more like 'finally.' I'd rather have 30 day events with 2 weeks down time than the extra two weeks of continuing with the same event.

And *SPOILER* was anyone else really disappointed that we didn't get pinchy as an NPC at the end (or anything for that matter)? I think a normal sized pinchy clone would have been a much better ending. Maybe it's because I was really expecting it that I was disappointed with the end, but it really felt to me like a kind of abrupt end to the event.
  • cdepast
    2461 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I really liked the content and the storylines, I got bored of the fights, and I didnt have any glitches. I gave it a four.
  • crodf20
    101 posts
    edited July 2016
    Can't wait for this event to finish. Too long for my taste... and the music in the background way too annoying.
  • Johnny2bd
    671 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    crodf20 wrote:
    Can't wait for this event to finish. Too long for my taste... and the music in the background way too annoying.

I remember being completely annoyed by it for the first week or so. I think I've managed to tune it out now where I don't even hear it.
  • smohqy
    2099 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Time intensive
    Annoying glitches
    Constant crashing
    Okay prizes

• PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    3 - because the prizes are pretty bland this year.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • DexAspen
    177 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    gave it a two for two reasons. one, the Tapball battles..incredibly annoying. and B..i can't store the Soilent Red building. if they would have done it like the Radioactive Man statue it wouldn't of bothered me but that destroyed building looks stupid.
    Ah, just throw it over the fence. Let Arby's worry about it.
  • gozerfreak
    103 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I gave it 1 star - BUT keep in mind that not every event can be your favorite. I have NO interest in superheroes, I only crafted one of each craftable item in case of future multipliers, and stored away most of it because they're ugly. I found most of the event prizes ugly, too, and had the final prize not been a character, I'm not sure I would have bothered.

This was also the first event where I was financially unable to purchase the vast amount of time limited premium content, including the stuff that helped you progress in the event.

This not only meant that my inner "character completionist" was not excited, but it also meant that despite logging in many times a day, I really struggled with act 3 and almost didn't make it.

Then, there was the constant lag, the repetitive battles, the actual length of the event (I am SO sick of it by now), and the fact that the criminals seemed harder to locate than whatever else we've had to tap in the past.

So - for me, it was the worst event since I started playing around 1 1/2 years ago... but a lot of it is really just because of my personal taste, which doesn't mean I'm saying it couldn't have been the best event ever for someone else.
  • tappedout1996
    3045 posts
    edited July 2016
    '4 stars'

I thought this event has been decent but not as good as 'Superheroes 1'. Some of the characters on offer have been really good but the lag on my device killed a bit of the fun. :)
  • RafaelFBI
    6 posts
    edited July 2016
    Voted 3 stars. For two reasons:
    1 - bug when i visited my friends town and the game crashed
    2 - some premium characters very expensive
  • f0r4y312
    5 posts
    edited July 2016
    It would have been better if we could craft items from all episodes at the end. Finished the event with a whole bunch of craft currency and nothing to craft. Or maybe, turn the left over currency and those stones into bonuts! Oh, what a wonderful dream :lol:
  • edited July 2016
    Quit playing after the 1st day. After seeing how it all worked, I knew it would be way too tedious. I just don't want to spend that much time on a tablet game every day. The battle system in particular was the main turn off. I really don't understand their thought process behind adding that, it wasn't challenging or engaging, just flat out time consuming. Very random thing for them to add, I sure as hell didn't download Tapped Out to play simplistic turn based battles. I appreciate the effort on it though and it looked nice but it didn't interest me at all.

I would have really liked an option to turn off the event and play normally. I've been level 60 for a few months now but I'm not even close to finishing the main quest line. I've been holding off working on my town until I can get caught up on the quests and buy all the land but it'll never happen with all these events happening with no down time.

I couldn't exactly just ignore the event either to play normally, a million criminals and fights bubbles were everywhere which caused my game to lag horribly and even if it didn't lag, that stuff is too distracting. There isn't any good reason not to make these events optional, whether by not forcing us to update or even just simply placing an event building in the inventory which would rid event related crap.

It's not like they'd lose any money if people turned the event off, there's already a million and 10 things to be bought with donuts without any events. If I could ever get my town built, I'd probably buy a bunch of things from the main shop. They're really banking on the "exclusive" and "limited time" event stuff though and in my eyes, it's starting to get shoved down our throats, or at least as seen by those of us that don't have a completed town.

I get the feeling that their profits were down before this new way of handling the game (constant events, content, "limited time" offers). I'd be surprised if this method turns it around, maybe initially but not for long. Even the free stuff is rolling in so fast that before we can even figure out what to do with this building or decoration, we got 5 more free things to think about. Sounds great but it becomes harder to appreciate these things if it's just constantly being handed to us. I don't have the slightest clue how that would help their profits either.

Anyway, 1 out of 5 for the event, 1 being only for the work and effort they put into it. I hope the next one isn't for a while or at the very least, less time consuming/tedious/boring. Clean and simple is my preference. :D
  • empathy77
    4139 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    There were glitches. There were things that made no sense (The Alien? Painted Horse?), I assume these things come from Radioactive Man comic books. There was the separate crafting items per issue which was really dumb. There was the repetitive battling. There was no correction to the size of the Zenith City Times Building. It crashed and crashed and crashed again.

But there were good things too. Bonuts, returning items fro new players, some cool new buildings and decorations.

I would give it 3.5 but since I cant, I round down.
  • joniferous
    504 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I liked the prizes, dialogue etc however with the amount of glitches and problems it dragged it down. The battles were a little dull by the end as well but I guess it would be after the time
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!