EA Forums - Banner

Disgusting Food

Prev134
juliet603
17888 posts Member
I have never heard of a jar of cheese? I've had Jamacian tinned cheese once, on spiced fruit loaf, it was pretty good.
I'd put Durian fruit as one of the most disgusting foods I have ever eaten.
Described as tasting of raw sewerage by some, it is also banned in some hotels and public transport.
durianstep6.jpg
I also tried some Mauby (once) it's a drink, it tasted like pure halitosis in a glass.

Replies

• suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    I was watching a cooking show earlier and was gobsmacked when the woman opened a jar of cheese. A JAR of cheese? It looked frigging disgusting! :shock:

Firstly, what the hell is in a jar of cheese?! :shock: I thought that spray cheese ive heard of was as gross as it got. Secondly, why is a chef/cook/whatever you want to call The Pioneer Woman (other than annoying as hell and fake beyond belief) using stuff like that and got their own show doing it? :lol:

So my question is: what's the grossest food in a can/jar/carton you've ever seen? Pics are obviously very welcome, just provide sick bags too! ;)

Could this cheese in a jar have been cheez whiz or a processed cheez product (not really cheese, but a cheese-like spread)? Or maybe a cream cheese in a jar?

:?:

I need answers.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I’m not particularly fond of head cheese; it’s been forced upon me a couple of times by enthusiasts. It’s not really cheese at all, but is instead a jumbled mix of different parts from the head of a pig or cow (usually sans brain, eyes, and ears) set in some kind of gelatin. It’s usually eaten cold.

head-cheese.jpg
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have never heard of a jar of cheese? I've had Jamacian tinned cheese once, on spiced fruit loaf, it was pretty good.
    I'd put Durian fruit as one of the most disgusting foods I have ever eaten.
    Described as tasting of raw sewerage by some, it is also banned in some hotels and public transport.
    durianstep6.jpg
    I also tried some Mauby (once) it's a drink, it tasted like pure halitosis in a glass.

Durian is really tasty! The smell is really bad, and that's why it's banned but it tastes awesome! Could do with some right now!
    I’m not particularly fond of head cheese; it’s been forced upon me a couple of times by enthusiasts. It’s not really cheese at all, but is instead a jumbled mix of different parts from the head of a pig or cow (usually sans brain, eyes, and ears) set in some kind of gelatin. It’s usually eaten cold.

head-cheese.jpg

Head cheese! Yum! No joke. Me likey.

I think I would eat just about anything. Too bad I can't have any products containing cow milk but other that that I'd eat just about anything. There's literally one thing I don't like, and that's anise. Yuk!
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    @ Sue having googled it I think it was that cheez whiz, it looked like peanut butter rather than anything cheese related :lol:

A whole chicken in a can. That looks pretty nasty too :x :lol:

fDj725c.jpg
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    suetopia wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    I was watching a cooking show earlier and was gobsmacked when the woman opened a jar of cheese. A JAR of cheese? It looked frigging disgusting! :shock:

Firstly, what the hell is in a jar of cheese?! :shock: I thought that spray cheese ive heard of was as gross as it got. Secondly, why is a chef/cook/whatever you want to call The Pioneer Woman (other than annoying as hell and fake beyond belief) using stuff like that and got their own show doing it? :lol:

So my question is: what's the grossest food in a can/jar/carton you've ever seen? Pics are obviously very welcome, just provide sick bags too! ;)

Could this cheese in a jar have been cheez whiz or a processed cheez product (not really cheese, but a cheese-like spread)? Or maybe a cream cheese in a jar?

:?:

I need answers.

Growing up in the Philippines, I love cheez whiz spread on freshly baked pan de sal. Yumm! 8)
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    juliet603 wrote:

fDj725c.jpg

oK7adEX.jpg
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, this thread shouldn't exist :lol:
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    juliet603 wrote:

fDj725c.jpg

oK7adEX.jpg

:lol: that is the correct response!

Edit: @henpot hi stranger! :D hope you're good!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited August 2016
    nd7ouq.jpg

Tripe :( ...Honestly it is the only thing that made me need to vomit. It is disgusting....slimy, tasteless and tasted like snot.
    GROSS!!!!

Thaat is about the only thing I have eaten that I hated, even the thought of it makes me heave :lol:
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    @ Sue having googled it I think it was that cheez whiz, it looked like peanut butter rather than anything cheese related :lol:

fDj725c.jpg

Thank you for the answer :D

Although now I'm wondering what you were wondering - if it was a cooking show about Pioneer cooking (As you said you saw it on "The Pioneer Woman"), then why in the world is there Cheez Whiz in a pioneer recipe...

Because, unless someone time travelled back to pioneer times and I didn't hear about it (I'm looking at you, Tommy :wink: ) and introduced Cheez Whiz to the pioneers, I'm pretty sure that they didn't have Cheez Whiz back then :?
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    nd7ouq.jpg

Tripe :( ...Honestly it is the only thing that made me need to vomit. It is disgusting....slimy, tasteless and tasted like snot.
    GROSS!!!!

Thaat is about the only thing I have eaten that I hated, even the thought of it makes me heave :lol:

10/10 would eat it.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    nd7ouq.jpg

GROSS!!!!

10/10 would eat it.

I’ve enjoyed menudo, which is basically a Mexican soup made with tripe.

3023480130_11bc48bf7b.jpg
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    nd7ouq.jpg

GROSS!!!!

10/10 would eat it.

I’ve enjoyed menudo, which is basically a Mexican soup made with tripe.

3023480130_11bc48bf7b.jpg

Would eat the * out of that. Get me some.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    This one is easy.

Chicha. I foolishly tried it once in Ecuador.

It's a fermented/alcoholic beverage traditionally made by women. They take yucca root, chew it up, then spit it out into a bowl. They pass the bowl around and everyone takes a turn. Once the bowl is filled with saliva and half-chewed cassava, it sits and ferments until it turns into a delicious, nutritious frothy beverage.

The taste: imagine your friend ate an entire pineapple. Then your friend threw up in a bowl a half an hour later! Yum!

Not.

• mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    moxxee wrote:
    This one is easy.

Chicha. I foolishly tried it once in Ecuador.

It's a fermented/alcoholic beverage traditionally made by women. They take yucca root, chew it up, then spit it out into a bowl. They pass the bowl around and everyone takes a turn. Once the bowl is filled with saliva and half-chewed cassava, it sits and ferments until it turns into a delicious, nutritious frothy beverage.

The taste: imagine your friend ate an entire pineapple. Then your friend threw up in a bowl a half an hour later! Yum!

Not.

Okay, this I would not eat. Probably. :lol:

Seen it on TV. Looks disgusting.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    @ Sue oh the pioneer woman is just the name of her show, nothing to do with the type of food and no idea why it's called that :lol: Maybe because she lives on a ranch? God knows haha! she is seriously so annoying though!!

@squirrel the only 'person' who eats tripe in my house is the dog, and that's not very often because it smells SO bad! And then her breath smells like tripe for the rest of the day too. Ugh :x

@Moxxee I've seen them doing that on shows about tribes in the rainforest! Sod that lol, i'd just gag and probably end up insulting them :lol:
  • IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Sooooooo happy I skipped breakfast before reading this :shock:
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    @ Sue oh the pioneer woman is just the name of her show, nothing to do with the type of food and no idea why it's called that :lol: Maybe because she lives on a ranch? God knows haha! she is seriously so annoying though!!

According to Wikipedia, she grew up near a country club and now lives on a ranch. looking at her stuff it seems like she's adapting "city food" to country life...unless the pioneers regularly ate scones or pasta salads. :roll:

There's a nice blog site that calls her and her husband idiots. It points out everything they do wrong...I was reading through the last post and it just made me want to go to the Pioneer Woman's place and slap some common sense into her.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    juliet603 wrote:

According to Wikipedia, she grew up near a country club and now lives on a ranch. looking at her stuff it seems like she's adapting "city food" to country life...unless the pioneers regularly ate scones or pasta salads. :roll:

There's a nice blog site that calls her and her husband idiots. It points out everything they do wrong...I was reading through the last post and it just made me want to go to the Pioneer Woman's place and slap some common sense into her.

:lol: watch an episode of her show and you'll want to beat her to death! The other week I saw an episode where she dedicated the entire show to telling viewers how to stock their pantry! :roll:

Silly me was stacking tins on TOP of pasta before hearing her expert tips :lol:
  • stephtog
    491 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    juliet603 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

:lol: watch an episode of her show and you'll want to beat her to death! The other week I saw an episode where she dedicated the entire show to telling viewers how to stock their pantry! :roll:

Silly me was stacking tins on TOP of pasta before hearing her expert tips :lol:

Annoying woman - what's the blog site Sakura? Sounds like I'd enjoy it VERY much!!!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!