EA Forums - Banner

Nuking your town

If you've never nuked I'd recommend that you have a go at nuking Krustyland first as a practice as sometimes it is quite a suprise to go to an empty piece of land and starting from scratch in fact some player who have nuked their Springfield have never recovered from it as it's quite a lot of work and ended up quitting the game, myself personally I prefer to use the tools available to work on a small area at a time, redesignthat area then move on to the next.

EDIT : Also as far as I know there is no limit on how many times you can nuke.

Replies

• Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    There's no limit to how many times you can nuke your town. I've done mine numerous times. Not everything goes into storage though that's a downside. And yes it's worth it in my opinion. If you want inspiration look at neighbours towns or Google Tsto town designs and click images at top and you'll get loads of designs to help. That's what I done. Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it :)
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have nuked my own town a couple/few times and my wife's town once. You really have to enjoy the building/designing process or as mentioned by devilhunt1449, some people have stopped playing or felt overwhelmed by how much stuff there is to place again.

With the "new" area select tool, you can easily rebuild without a massive interruption to your town. Also, little things like if you've place the few vehicles that were previously allowed on roads, that'll be gone.

If you're up for a challenge, nuking can be fun if you're completely bored with your current design.

Also, take pictures of designs you like. It'll help during the rebuild.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My inventory drives me nuts now. I can't imagine if everything was in there. :shock:
    Much admiration for those who were brave enough to do their whole town!
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • JKoBenzed
    227 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    ok sweet. Thanks. Was just worried I'd have one chance and screw it up. I normally just move things and put stuff in storage but it's always messy.
  • chud3
    143 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    i've been saying that i was going to nuke my town after i got all the land and "x" event was done. towards the end of superheroes 2, my town got almost completely nuked through a glitch. i freaked out. ea was able to restore to a backup, but as mentioned above it was very overwhelming and i pretty much didn't play for the 5 days it took to resolve the issue.
  • redskins19198
    55 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Single parent here. I work and I also have to do all the chores at home. I must say I envy people who have the time to design their Springfield. There is so much land and so many various decorations, items, and buildings at this point about half of my SF is just a random chaotic mess of stuff sitting around waiting to be placed properly. I do enjoy visiting my neighbors towns that have invested time and effort into making them look cool. Please PM your username if you want to let me bask in the glory of your town and live vicariously through you.

• thetim37889
    144 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Do krusty land first then think how much bigger SF is.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I have nuked my own town a couple/few times and my wife's town once. You really have to enjoy the building/designing process or as mentioned by devilhunt1449, some people have stopped playing or felt overwhelmed by how much stuff there is to place again.

With the "new" area select tool, you can easily rebuild without a massive interruption to your town. Also, little things like if you've place the few vehicles that were previously allowed on roads, that'll be gone.

If you're up for a challenge, nuking can be fun if you're completely bored with your current design.

Also, take pictures of designs you like. It'll help during the rebuild.

I can tell you, I'm in the process of rebuilding and I'm overwhelmed. Wish I never nuked.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I considered nuking, but I have 3 towns and knew I would never have the time to get them all redesigned again.
    In the end I just stored areas and moved tings around to get them looking good.
    Am I completely happy with the re designs...no, not completely, but it was all I could do with my spare time.
    If you have plenty of free time, then give it a go. Doing Krustyland first, as suggested is a great idea :-)
  • ForumNerds
    2455 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Disoriented. That's the worst part of nuking. Your screen just shows green in every direction. Without a zoom-out feature, all you can do is scroll, green after green after green. Not even roads. There's no point of reference to know where in the town you are. Counting the scrolls is all you have, and that is far from perfect.

I was totally disoriented.

I wish that they would follow the feature in the "area select" tool in which you can selectively move one 'category' of items, but leave the others alone. I'd love to be able to NUKE selected categories but leave the others alone. Like, if I could leave roads and store everything else. I could add some 'double-roads' in the center of town, so I'd recognize that area when my nuking is done.

Or if I could nuke just the "decorations" and leave the buildings in place. And it would be awesome if I could choose from the sub-categories instead. (Like leave all the "nature" items in place but nuke the other 'decorations', like my vehicles and billboards and such) My town is so big and has so many items in it, that I can't remember where I have certain items. If I try to decorate a new area, sometimes I'll think, like, "I'd love to put the Mafia car here", but then I can't find where I have placed the Mafia Car.

BTW, I'd kill for a search-engine feature for the inventory, too. :)

(And a vehicle subcategory, please. Anything that can move could be in there. Bulldozers, helicopters, cars, snowplows, rocket cars, etc. I'd love that. :) )
  • SchemingMinor
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I've been wanting them to add something like a nuke shield on the selection screen where you can select certain areas in your town that you like so when you go and nuke it they will remain untouched.

I mean technically that is the only reason why I haven't nuked my town yet because there are large and complex places in my town like Burns' estate that would be a hassle to reconstruct if I had everything placed in the inventory.

That and the lack of a major zoom out feature.
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I've only done it once, with my second account which I don't even play much anymore. My second account is just a backup. But I did it on there and I regretted it actually. I'll never do it again. With that awesome tool they gave us to move multiple objects you can also add all those items you selected and put them in storage. So, with that in mind you can do it your self bits and pieces. I agree, maybe doing KL first to test it out. Good luck mate
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    There's no point in doing it anymore because of the area select tool. If you have Excellence prize statues you will only be able to take one out of inventory. That goes for everything they've made into a unique item.
  • jbelknap
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I've nuked my town twice - both times because I'd started cramming new stuff in where ever I could find space instead of finding an actual place for it. That and we'd get new land. Since they have the area select tool now, I won't do it again. Starting over takes forever.

Instead, select an area and put it in storage. Redo it and then move on to the next part. I did this in Krustyland recently and it was so much easier than trying to start from scratch. Same thing with my forest. I wanted it to be bigger so I cleared the area out and then did the redesign. This also helps if an event hits with no warning. It'll be easier to pull a few needed things out of storage than having to pull a bunch of stuff out.
  • Osg00d
    261 posts
    edited August 2016
    I nuked many times, last time was before the western event and because of the fast follow-up of events im still rebuilding.
    I had a plan in my head, but new events mean new items and now my plan isnt working.
    So i need new ideas and im thinking of nuking again and starting from schratch

Edit: nuking is fun, rebuilding is fun, but time consuming
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I actually took the advice here and nuked my Krustyland as a test. My Krustyland is very small, 8 plots of land wide and 2 high, and it was a royal pain in the rear. I would rather do my own dental work then nuke my Springfield!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.